* Wed Dec 09 2020 Markéta Machová <email@example.com>
- Conditionally skip tests failing with new xdist
* Tue Nov 10 2020 Benjamin Greiner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Fix boo#1178547: include transition for pytest py.test
alternative master switch
* Tue Nov 03 2020 Benjamin Greiner <email@example.com>
- Update summary and description
- remove old py.test2 and py.test3 entry points
* backport of sr#844820 for pytest6
* Mon Aug 03 2020 Matej Cepl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- nose is actually not required: the test suite happily skips over tests
which require it.
* Tue Jun 09 2020 Steve Kowalik <email@example.com>
- Rebase and re-add tidy-up-embeddedfile.patch, it was only partially merged
* Fri Jun 05 2020 Ond?ej Súkup <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- update to 5.4.3
* Paths appearing in error messages are now correct in case the current working
directory has changed since the start of the session.
* Support deleting paths longer than 260 characters on windows created inside tmpdir.
* Prevent pytest from printing ConftestImportFailure traceback to stdout.
* Prevent hiding the underlying exception when ConfTestImportFailure is raised.
* Fix regression where running with --pdb would call the tearDown methods
of unittest.TestCase subclasses for skipped tests.
* Tue May 12 2020 Ond?ej Súkup <email@example.com>
- Update to 5.4.2
* Fix crash with captured output when using the capsysbinary fixture.
* Ensure a unittest.IsolatedAsyncioTestCase is actually awaited.
* Fix TerminalRepr instances to be hashable again.
* Fix regression where functions registered with TestCase.addCleanup
were not being called on test failures.
* Allow users to still set the deprecated TerminalReporter.writer attribute.
* Revert ?tmpdir: clean up indirection via config for factories
* Fixed regression: asyncbase.TestCase tests are executed correctly again
* Fix File.from_constructor so it forwards extra keyword arguments to the constructor.
* Classes with broken __getattribute__ methods are displayed correctly during failures.
* Fix _is_setup_py for files encoded differently than locale.
* Mon Apr 27 2020 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 5.4.1 (bsc#1167732, jsc#SLE-11315)
* #6909: Revert the change introduced by #6330, which required all
arguments to @pytest.mark.parametrize to be explicitly defined
in the function signature.
* #6910: Fix crash when plugins return an unknown stats while using
the --reportlog option.
* #6316: Matching of -k EXPRESSION to test names is now case-insensitive.
* #6443: Plugins specified with -p are now loaded after internal plugins
* #6637: Removed the long-deprecated pytest_itemstart hook.
* #6673: Reversed / fix meaning of ?+/-? in error diffs. ?-? means that
sth. expected is missing in the result and ?+? means that there are
unexpected extras in the result.
- Remove merged patch tidy-up-embeddedfile.patch
* Wed Mar 18 2020 Steve Kowalik <email@example.com>
- Add patch tidy-up-embeddedfile.patch based on an upstream PR. Can
be dropped when updating.
* Thu Mar 26 2020 Matej Cepl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Skip tests failing on s390 platform. (bsc#1167732, jsc#SLE-11315).
* Thu Mar 26 2020 Tomá? Chvátal <email@example.com>
- Skip test_pdb_can_be_rewritten as it needs new xdist we can't
have on SLE15
- Same applies for test_xdist_normal
* Thu Mar 26 2020 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Rename to pytest5 packages and add provides/conflicts on pytest
* Wed Feb 19 2020 Ond?ej Súkup <email@example.com>
- Update to 5.3.5
* Captured output during teardown is shown with -rP
* Fix a pytest-xdist crash when dealing with exceptions raised
in subprocesses created by the multiprocessing module.
* FixtureDef objects now properly register their finalizers
with autouse and parameterized fixtures that execute before
them in the fixture stack so they are torn down at the right times,
and in the right order.
* Fix parsing of outcomes containing multiple errors with testdir results
* Tue Jan 14 2020 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Fix typo importlib_metadata -> importlib-metadata
* Mon Jan 06 2020 Tomá? Chvátal <email@example.com>
- Update to 5.3.2:
* junitxml: Logs for failed test are now passed to junit report in
case the test fails during call phase.
* supporting files in the .pytest_cache directory are kept with
- -cache-clear, which only clears cached values now.
* Fix assertion rewriting for egg-based distributions and editable
installs (pip install --editable).
* Improve check for misspelling of pytest.mark.parametrize.
* Handle exit.Exception raised in notify_exception (via pytest_internalerror), e.g. when quitting pdb from post mortem.
* default value of junit_family option will change to xunit2 in
pytest 6.0, given that this is the version supported by default in
modern tools that manipulate this type of file.
* In order to smooth the transition, pytest will issue a warning in
case the --junitxml option is given in the command line but
junit_family is not explicitly configured in pytest.ini.
* Mon Nov 18 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 5.2.4:
* #6099: Fix --trace when used with parametrized functions.
* #6183: Using request as a parameter name in @pytest.mark.parametrize now produces a more user-friendly error.
* #6194: Fix incorrect discovery of non-test __init__.py files.
* Tue Nov 05 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <email@example.com>
- Update to 5.2.2:
* #5206: Fix --nf to not forget about known nodeids with partial test selection.
* #5906: Fix crash with KeyboardInterrupt during --setup-show.
* #5946: Fixed issue when parametrizing fixtures with numpy arrays (and possibly other sequence-like types).
* #6044: Properly ignore FileNotFoundError exceptions when trying to remove old temporary directories, for instance when multiple processes try to remove the same directory (common with pytest-xdist for example).
* Wed Oct 09 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 5.2.1:
* #5902: Fix warnings about deprecated cmp attribute in attrs>=19.2.
* #1682: Passing arguments to pytest.fixture() as positional arguments is deprecated - pass them as a keyword argument instead.
* #1682: The scope parameter of @pytest.fixture can now be a callable that receives the fixture name and the config object as keyword-only parameters. See the docs for more information.
* #5764: New behavior of the --pastebin option: failures to connect to the pastebin server are reported, without failing the pytest run
* Mon Sep 23 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <email@example.com>
- Update to 5.1.3:
* #5807: Fix pypy3.6 (nightly) on windows.
* #5811: Handle --fulltrace correctly with pytest.raises.
* #5819: Windows: Fix regression with conftest whose qualified name contains uppercase characters
* Mon Sep 09 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 5.1.2:
* #2270: Fixed self reference in function-scoped fixtures defined plugin classes: previously self would be a reference to a test class, not the plugin class.
* #570: Fixed long standing issue where fixture scope was not respected when indirect fixtures were used during parametrization.
* #5782: Fix decoding error when printing an error response from --pastebin.
* #5786: Chained exceptions in test and collection reports are now correctly serialized, allowing plugins like pytest-xdist to display them properly.
* Fri Aug 23 2019 Ond?ej Súkup <email@example.com>
- Update to 5.1.1
+ Request.getfuncargvalue: use Request.getfixturevalue instead.
+ pytest.raises and pytest.warns no longer support strings as the second argument.
+ message parameter of pytest.raises.
+ pytest.raises, pytest.warns and ParameterSet.param now use native keyword-only
syntax. This might change the exception message from previous versions, but
they still raise TypeError on unknown keyword arguments as before.
+ pytest.config global variable.
+ tmpdir_factory.ensuretemp method.
+ pytest_logwarning hook.
+ RemovedInPytest4Warning warning type.
+ request is now a reserved name for fixtures.
+ Removed unused support code for unittest2.
+ pytest.fail, pytest.xfail and pytest.skip no longer support bytes
for the message argument.
* New Config.invocation_args attribute containing the unchanged arguments passed to pytest.main().
* New NUMBER option for doctests to ignore irrelevant differences in floating-point numbers
* JUnit XML now includes a timestamp and hostname in the testsuite tag.
* Fix RuntimeError/StopIteration when trying to collect package with ?__init__.py? only.
* Warnings issued during pytest_configure are explicitly not treated as errors,
even if configured as such, because it otherwise completely breaks pytest.
* The XML file produced by --junitxml now correctly contain a <testsuites> root element.
* Fixed using multiple short options together in the command-line (for example -vs) in Python 3.8+.
* Fix issue where tmp_path and tmpdir would not remove directories containing
files marked as read-only, which could lead to pytest crashing when executed
a second time with the --basetemp option.
* Replace importlib_metadata backport with importlib.metadata from the standard
library on Python 3.8+.
* Improve type checking for some exception-raising functions (pytest.xfail,
pytest.skip, etc) so they provide better error messages when users meant
to use marks (for example @pytest.xfail instead of @pytest.mark.xfail).
* Fixed internal error when test functions were patched with objects that cannot
be compared for truth values against others, like numpy arrays.
* pytest.exit is now correctly handled in unittest cases. This makes unittest
cases handle quit from pytest?s pdb correctly.
* Improved output when parsing an ini configuration file fails.
* Fix collection of staticmethod objects defined with functools.partial.
* Skip async generator test functions, and update the warning message to refer
to async def functions.
* Fri Jul 19 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add setuptools requires as we still use entrypoints
* Tue Jul 09 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <email@example.com>
- Python-pytest4 contains pytest4; python-pytest3 contains pytest3
the main package from now on will be tracking upstream releases
- Update to 5.0.1:
* Major update; from now on supporting only python3+
- Remove merged patches:
* Tue Jun 11 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add missing quotes to the test call
* Fri Jun 07 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <email@example.com>
- Add patch to fix build with new sphinx:
- Add patch to fix build with new pluggy that uses importlib-metadata:
* Tue Feb 26 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add patch to build with new pluggy:
* Fri Jan 04 2019 email@example.com
- Switch the package to multibuild.
- Add fix_test_raises_exception_looks_iterable.patch from
* Wed Nov 14 2018 Ond?ej Súkup <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- update to 3.10.1
* Fix nested usage of debugging plugin (pdb)
* Block the stepwise plugin if cacheprovider is also blocked, as one
depends on the other.
* Parse minversion as an actual version and not as dot-separated strings.
* Fix duplicate collection due to multiple args matching the same packages.
* Fix item.nodeid with resolved symlinks.
* Fix collection of direct symlinked files, where the target does not match
* Fix TypeError in report_collect with _collect_report_last_write.
* Mon Nov 05 2018 Ond?ej Súkup <email@example.com>
- update to 3.10.0
* Resume capturing output after continue with __import__("pdb").set_trace().
* Add -sw, --stepwise as an alternative to --lf -x for stopping at the first
failure, but starting the next test invocation from that test.
* Make --color emit colorful dots when not running in verbose mode.
* Improve performance with collection reporting in non-quiet mode with terminals.
* The "collecting ?" message is only printed/updated every 0.5s.
* Fix false RemovedInPytest4Warning: usage of Session... is deprecated,
please use pytest warnings.
* Fix problems with running tests in package __init__.py files.
* Swallow warnings during anonymous compilation of source.
* Fix access denied error when deleting stale directories
created by tmpdir / tmp_path.
* Naming a fixture request will now raise a warning: the request fixture
is internal and should not be overwritten as it will lead to internal errors.
* Handle (ignore) exceptions raised during collection, e.g.
with Django's LazySettings proxy class.
* Added missing documentation about the fact that module names passed
to filter warnings are not regex-escaped.
* Display cachedir also in non-verbose mode if non-default.
* pdb: improve message about output capturing with set_trace.
* Do not display "IO-capturing turned off/on" when -s is used to avoid confusion.
* Improve message and stack level of warnings issued by monkeypatch.setenv
when the value of the environment variable is not a str.
* Fix "ValueError: Plugin already registered" with conftest plugins via symlink.
* Handle race condition between creation and deletion of temporary folders.
* Fix bug where the warning summary at the end of the test session was
not showing the test where the warning was originated.
* Fix regression when stacklevel for warnings was passed as positional
argument on python2.
* Add reference to empty_parameter_set_mark ini option in documentation
* Revert patching of sys.breakpointhook since it appears to do nothing.
* Apply an import sorter (reorder-python-imports) to the codebase.
* Remove use of unnecessary compat shim, six.binary_type