* Tue Jan 14 2020 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Fix typo importlib_metadata -> importlib-metadata
* Mon Jan 06 2020 Tomá? Chvátal <email@example.com>
- Update to 4.6.9:
* various minor bugfixes for 4.x series to keep it working with
latest python modules
* Mon Oct 14 2019 Ond?ej Súkup <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- update to 4.6.6
- drop importlib-py38.patch and attrs.patch
* Fixed using multiple short options together in the command-line
* Fix "lexer" being used when uploading to bpaste.net from --pastebin to text
* python version checks (detected by flake8-2020) in case python4 becomes thing
* Fix warnings about deprecated cmp attribute in attrs>=19.2
* Replace importlib_metadata backport with importlib.metadata on Py3.8
* Thu Oct 10 2019 Ond?ej Súkup <email@example.com>
- add attrs.patch based on gh#5902 Fix warnings with attrs 19.2
and fix object assertions
* Wed Sep 25 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update more the py38 compat patchset by taking more commits from
* Wed Sep 11 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <email@example.com>
- Add patch to not pull importlib_metadata on python 3.8:
* Mon Aug 19 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 4.6.5:
* #4344: Fix RuntimeError/StopIteration when trying to collect package with "init.py" only.
* #5478: Fix encode error when using unicode strings in exceptions with pytest.raises.
* #5524: Fix issue where tmp_path and tmpdir would not remove directories containing files marked as read-only,
which could lead to pytest crashing when executed a second time with the --basetemp option.
* #5547: --step-wise now handles xfail(strict=True) markers properly.
* #5650: Improved output when parsing an ini configuration file fails.
* Fri Jul 19 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <email@example.com>
- Add setuptools requires as we still use entrypoints
* Tue Jul 09 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Fix the multubild flavor name
* Tue Jul 02 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <email@example.com>
- Update to 4.6.4:
* #5404: Emit a warning when attempting to unwrap a broken object raises an exception, for easier debugging (#5080).
* #5444: Fix --stepwise mode when the first file passed on the command-line fails to collect.
* #5482: Fix bug introduced in 4.6.0 causing collection errors when passing more than 2 positional arguments to pytest.mark.parametrize.
* #5505: Fix crash when discovery fails while using -p no:terminal.
* Wed Jun 12 2019 Ond?ej Súkup <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- update to 4.6.3
* -q has again an impact on the style of the collected items (--collect-only)
when --log-cli-level is used.
* Fix regressions of #5063 for importlib_metadata.PathDistribution which
have their files attribute being None.
* Fix regression where the obj attribute of TestCase items was no longer
bound to methods.
* Fri Jun 07 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <email@example.com>
- Fixup the requirements to match up setup.py
* Tue Jun 04 2019 Ond?ej Súkup <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- update to 4.6.2
* Revert unrolling of all() to fix NameError on nested comprehensions.
* Revert unrolling of all() to fix incorrect handling of generators with if.
* Revert unrolling of all() to fix incorrect assertion when using all()
in an expression.
* Mon Jun 03 2019 Ond?ej Súkup <email@example.com>
- update to 4.6.1
- The 4.6.X series will be the last series to support Python 2 and Python 3.4.
* Fix pytest.mark.parametrize when the argvalues is an iterator.
* Fix assertion rewriting of all() calls to deal with non-generators.
* Added the junit_log_passing_tests ini value which can be used to enable
or disable logging of passing test output in the Junit XML file.
* pytester?s testdir.spawn uses tmpdir as HOME/USERPROFILE directory.
* Unroll calls to all to full for-loops with assertion rewriting for better
failure messages, especially when using Generator Expressions.
* Switch from pkg_resources to importlib-metadata for entrypoint detection
for improved performance and import time.
* The output for ini options in --help has been improved.
* pytest.importorskip includes the ImportError now in the default reason.
* Captured logs that are output for each failing test are formatted
using the ColoredLevelFormatter.
* Improved formatting of multiline log messages in Python 3.
* The debugging plugin imports the wrapped Pdb class (--pdbcls) on-demand now.
* The pytest_enter_pdb hook gets called with post-mortem (--pdb).
* Fix issue where fixtures dependent on other parametrized fixtures would
be erroneously parametrized.
* Handle internal error due to a lone surrogate unicode character not being
representable in Jython.
* Ensure that sys.stdout.mode does not include 'b' as it is a text stream.
* Pytest?s internal python plugin can be disabled using -p no:python again.
* Fix issue with disable_test_id_escaping_and_forfeit_all_rights_to_community_support
option not working when using a list of test IDs in parametrized tests.
* Show the test module being collected when emitting PytestCollectionWarning messages
for test classes with __init__ and __new__ methods to make it easier to pin down the problem.
* Fix regression in 4.5.0 with --lf not re-running all tests with known failures
from non-selected tests.
* Thu May 23 2019 Ond?ej Súkup <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- update to 4.5.0
- drop 4dbb56146a1fe0bf70df801582f0abde4ef4e64c.patch - upstream merged
* A warning is now emitted when unknown marks are used as a decorator
* Show XFail reason as part of JUnitXML message field
* Messages from crash reports are displayed within test summaries now
* New flag --strict-markers that triggers an error when unknown markers
* Assertion failure messages for sequences and dicts contain the number
of different items now.
* Improve reporting with --lf and --ff
* The --cache-show option/action accepts an optional glob to show only
matching cache entries.
* Standard input (stdin) can be given to pytester?s Testdir.run() and Testdir.popen().
* he -r option learnt about A to display all reports (including passed ones)
in the short test summary.
* The short test summary is displayed after passes with output (-rP).
* The --last-failed (--lf) option got smarter and will now skip entire files
if all tests of that test file have passed in previous runs, greatly speeding up collection.
* Introduce new specific warning PytestWarning subclasses to make it easier
to filter warnings based on the class, rather than on the message
* New record_testsuite_property session-scoped fixture allows users to log
<property> tags at the testsuite level with the junitxml plugin.
* --fixtures now also shows fixture scope for scopes other than "function".
* Deselected items from plugins using pytest_collect_modifyitems as a hookwrapper
are correctly reported now.
* With usage errors exitstatus is set to EXIT_USAGEERROR in the pytest_sessionfinish
hook now as expected.
* outcome.exit is not used with EOF in the pdb wrapper anymore, but only with quit.
* logging.raiseExceptions is not set to False anymore.
* pytest now depends on wcwidth to properly track unicode character sizes for more
precise terminal output.
* pytester?s Testdir.popen() uses stdout and stderr via keyword arguments with
defaults now (subprocess.PIPE).
* The code for the short test summary in the terminal was moved to the terminal plugin.
* Improved validation of kwargs for various methods in the pytester plugin.
* record_property now emits a PytestWarning when used with junit_family=xunit2:
the fixture generates property tags as children of testcase, which is not permitted
according to the most recent schema.
* Fix crash caused by error in __repr__ function with both showlocals
and verbose output enabled.
* Eliminate core dependency on ?terminal? plugin.
* Doc: pytest_ignore_collect, pytest_collect_directory, pytest_collect_file
and pytest_pycollect_makemodule hooks?s ?path? parameter documented type is now py.path.local
* Improve help for --runxfail flag.
* Mon May 06 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <email@example.com>
- Update to 4.4.1:
* #5031: Environment variables are properly restored when using pytester's testdir fixture.
* #5039: Fix regression with --pdbcls, which stopped working with local modules in 4.0.0.
* #5092: Produce a warning when unknown keywords are passed to pytest.param(...).
* #5098: Invalidate import caches with monkeypatch.syspath_prepend, which is required with namespace packages being used.
* Thu Apr 04 2019 Ond?ej Súkup <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- add 4dbb56146a1fe0bf70df801582f0abde4ef4e64c.patch - fix tests on 32bit
* Mon Apr 01 2019 Ond?ej Súkup <email@example.com>
- update to 4.4.0
- drop doc subpackage
* async test functions are skipped and a warning is emitted when
a suitable async plugin is not installed
* Include new disable_test_id_escaping_and_forfeit_all_rights_to_community_support
option to disable ascii-escaping in parametrized values.
* the -p option can now be used to early-load plugins also by entry-point name
* The --pdbcls option handles classes via module attributes now
* The testpaths configuration option is now displayed next to the rootdir
and inifile ines in the pytest header if the option is in effec
* Doctests can be skipped now dynamically using pytest.skip()
* Handle -p plug after -p no:plug.
* Namespace packages are handled better with monkeypatch.syspath_prepend
* Mon Mar 25 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 4.3.1:
* #4810: Logging messages inside pytest_runtest_logreport() are now properly captured and displayed.
* #4861: Improve validation of contents written to captured output so it behaves the same as when capture is disabled.
* #4898: Fix AttributeError: FixtureRequest has no 'confg' attribute bug in testdir.copy_example.
* #4768: Avoid pkg_resources import at the top-level.
* Tue Feb 19 2019 Ond?ej Súkup <email@example.com>
- Update to 4.3.0
* pytest.warns() now emits a warning when it receives unknown keyword
* Usage errors from argparse are mapped to pytest's UsageError.
* Add the --ignore-glob parameter to exclude test-modules with Unix
* With the help of new set_log_path() method there is a way to set log_file
paths from hooks.
* For detailed changelog please consult upstream list: