* Thu Feb 28 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 0.8.2:
* Fix a problem with ignore-names option initialization.
* ignore-names now also applies to the N806, N815, and N816 checks.
* failureException, longMessage, and maxDiff have been added to the default ignore-names list.
* Allow lowercase names to be imported as just _.
* Allow function arguments to be named just _.
* Support Python 2's tuple syntax in except clauses.
* Sat Feb 02 2019 Arun Persaud <email@example.com>
* update copyright year
- update to version 0.8.0:
* Detect N806 errors within for loops and exception handlers.
* Improve support for non-ASCII characters.
* Detect mixedCased variable names at class (N815) and global (N816)
* Ignore Django's setUpTestData method by default.
* Fix column offsets for N803, N804, and N805 under Python 3.
* Detect underscores within class names as N801 errors.
* Don't flag __getattr__ and __dir__ as N807 errors. (See PEP 562).
* async function and method names are now checked.
* Detect N806 errors in generator expressions and comprehensions.
* Detect N81x errors in import x as y statements.
* Tue Dec 04 2018 Matej Cepl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Remove superfluous devel dependency for noarch package
* Sun Jul 29 2018 email@example.com
- Use noun phrase in summary.
* Thu May 24 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.7.0
* Detect N806 in ``with ... as ...:`` statements.
* Detect N806 in multiple assignment statements, e.g., ``Foo, Bar =
* Allow class names to be properly ignored.
* Remove spurious 'xxx' from error message
* Detect N807 within conditional statements.
- Update to 0.6.1
* Fix N804 check for ``cls`` used in metaclass methods (See also
- Update to 0.6.0
* Separate check for ``__`` in function names to its own code: N807
* Consider all metaclass methods to be class methods
- Spec file cleanups
* Wed Jan 03 2018 email@example.com
* update copyright year
* requre flake8-polyfill
- update to version 0.5.0:
* Add configurable list of classmethod and staticmethod decorators
* Print the offending name as part of the error message
* Correct N804/N805 for __init_subclass__
* Mon Aug 14 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Implement single-spec version.
- Update to version 0.4.1
* Fix option parsing for Flake8 3.0 (store parsed value on class)
- Update to version 0.4.0
* Fix integration with Flake8 3.0.0b1
* Start testing against Python 3.5
- Update to version 0.3.3
* Fix bug where ignored names were not properly split into a
- Update to version 0.3.2
* Fix bug trying to call split on a list.
- Update to version 0.3.1
* Fix optparse exception resulting from trying to register an
- Update to version 0.3.0
* Relaxed N806 checking for use with namedtuples
* Add --ignore-names which allows the user to specify a list of
names to ignore. By default this includes setUp, tearDown,
setUpClass, and tearDownClass.
* Thu Jul 10 2014 email@example.com
- Update to 0.2.2
- Do not require setuptools in setup.py. It works around an
issue with pip and Python 3.
- __new__ is now considered as classmethod implicitly
- Run unit tests on travis-ci.org for python2.6, 2.7, 3.2, and 3.3
- Add unit tests and support running them with setup.py
- Support Python 3.4
* Mon Mar 24 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial version
* Tue Mar 24 2020 email@example.com
- version update to 0.10.0
* ``--ignore-names`` now supports globbing and applies to the N804 and N805
* "acronym" imports are now treated as their own error code (N817).
* Metaclass detection has been improved.
* Annotated variable declarations (PEP 526) and ``:=`` variable assignments
are now supported.
* Sat Dec 07 2019 Arun Persaud <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- update to version 0.9.1:
* Fix line number offsets when reporting errors involving functions
with decorators in Python 3.8 and later.
- changes from version 0.9.0:
* Drop support for Python 3.3 and 3.4.
* Support positional-only arguments in Python 3.8.
* Recognize abc.ABCMeta as a metaclass base type.
* ignore-names now also applies to the N803 check.
* Handle assigning exceptions to object attributes in Python 2.