* Sat Apr 22 2017 email@example.com
- Converted to single-spec
- Enabled tests
* Tue Jan 31 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.7.1
* Sun Jan 22 2017 email@example.com
- updated project and source URLs
* Sat Nov 26 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.7.0 with very many changes:
- CHANGES not in upstream source anymore
* Sun Feb 21 2016 email@example.com
- Update to 1.6.5:
* Fixed some minor bugs in the test suite which were causing erroneous
- Update to 1.6.4:
* bugfix: Correctly detect bcrypt 2.0.
* bugfix: CryptContext now accepts scheme names as unicode
* bugfix: :mod:`passlib.ext.django` now works correctly with Django 1.7-1.8.
* bugfix: :class:`passlib.apache.HtpasswdFile` now recognizes bcrypt,
sha256_crypt, sha512_crypt hashes
* A few changes have been made to the :class:`~passlib.hash.bcrypt` hash:
+ It now supports the ``$2b$`` hash format.
+ It will now issue a :exc:`~passlib.exc.PasslibSecurityWarning` if the active
backend is vulnerable to the :ref:`wraparound bug <bsd-wraparound-bug>`,
and automatically enable a workaround(py-bcrypt is known to be vulnerableas of v0.4).
+ It will throw a :exc:`~passlib.exc.PasslibSecurityError` if the active backend
is vulnerable to the :ref:`8-bit bug <crypt-blowfish-bug>` (none of Passlib's
backends are known to be vulnerable as of 2015-07).
+ Updated documentation to indicate the cffi-based
`bcrypt <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/bcrypt>`_ library is now the recommended
+ Backend capability detection code refactored to rely on runtime detection
rather than hardcoded information.
+ Release **1.6.3** was skipped due to upload issues.
* Mon Jan 13 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.6.2:
* Re-tuned the :attr:`~passlib.ifc.PasswordHash.default_rounds` values for all of the hashes.
* Added the new :doc:`bcrypt_sha256 <lib/passlib.hash.bcrypt_sha256>` hash,
which wraps BCrypt using SHA256 in order to work around BCrypt's password size limitations
* :doc:`passlib.hash.bcrypt <lib/passlib.hash.bcrypt>`:
Added support for the `bcrypt <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/bcrypt>`_
* Thu Oct 24 2013 email@example.com
- Require python-setuptools instead of distribute (upstreams merged)
* Tue Feb 05 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop testsuite again, has strange issues
* Sat Sep 08 2012 email@example.com
- Update to 1.6.1:
* bugfix: Various CryptContext methods would incorrectly raise TypeError
if passed a unicode user category under Python 2. For consistency,
unicode user category values are now encoded to ``utf-8`` bytes under
* bugfix: Reworked internals of the CryptContext config compiler to fix a
couple of border cases (issue 39), see CHANGES for details.
* bugfix: FreeBSD 8.3 added native support for hash.sha256_crypt -- updated
Passlib's unittests and documentation accordingly (issue 35).
* bugfix: Fixed bug which caused passlib.apache unittest to fail if mtime
resolution >= 1 second (issue 35).
* Various bugfixes for Python 3.3 compatibility.
* Various documentation updates and corrections.
* Fri Jun 15 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.6: tons of changes including deprecated API, features and fixes;
* Thu Mar 08 2012 email@example.com
- Don't run testsuite on SLE, fixes build
* Tue Jan 31 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix macro usage and remove reST from description
* Tue Nov 29 2011 email@example.com
- SPDX-style license string (BSD-3-Clause)
- Package CHANGES, README, LICENSE
- Run testsuite
* Mon Oct 24 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- initial package (version 1.5.3)