This is a universal Python binding for the LMDB 'Lightning' Database.
LMDB is a tiny database with the following properties:
- Ordered map interface (keys are always lexicographically sorted).
- Reader/writer transactions: readers don’t block writers,
writers don’t block readers.
Each environment supports one concurrent write transaction.
- Cheap read transactions.
- Environments may be opened by multiple processes on the same host.
- Multiple named databases may be created with transactions covering
all named databases.
- Memory mapped, allowing for zero copy lookup and iteration.
This is optionally exposed to Python using the buffer() interface.
- Maintenance requires no external process or background threads.
- No application-level caching is required:
LMDB uses the operating system’s buffer cache.