* Wed Jul 19 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to singlespec
- new documentation subpackage
* includes samples
- clean up specfile
* Sat Jan 25 2014 email@example.com
- Update to 2.0.18:
* Numerous changes, see REALEASE_NOTES.txt. Major changes below.
* Fixing identifier_exists attribute for product items.
* Fixing multipack attribute.
* Various changes related to products.
* Various changes related to OAuth.
* Added support for various feeds in Content API.
- Changes from 2.0.17 also numers, major ones listed here:
* Fixing behavior in atom.http_core.Uri._get_query_string for query
parameters with no parameter value.
* Fixed batch function issues in content api for shopping client.
* Fixing bug in recent change to the Email Settings API client library.
* Fix issues 590/591: Contact's gender XML element was wrong.
* Fixing issue 587. Wrong URL used for batch ACL changes.
* Various changes related to OAuth.
* Added various sample code.
- Update source URL.
- Fix more EOL and exec permissions issues in %prep.
* Thu Oct 24 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Require python-setuptools instead of distribute (upstreams merged)
* Wed Mar 28 2012 email@example.com
- Update to version 2.0.16:
+ Add support for label deletion in the Email Settings API client
+ Fix ACL batching URI in Docs.
+ Update RetrieveAllUsers and RetrieveAllAliases to return all
pages instead of one.
+ Removing force=True from some ACL requests in DocsClient
+ Add RetrieveGroups method and updated RetrieveAllGroups and
+ Add a client for organization unit provisioning
+ Add client architecture for group provisioning
+ Add client architecture for provisioning api and tests for
+ Add support for batch requests to update spreadsheet cells.
+ Add GetAcl alias for get_acl in DocsClient
+ Add new ACL and get by ID methods to DocsClient.
+ Add some conditional imports for tlslite.
+ Updates to category handling for Documents list API
+ Add a function to retrieve all the aliases for a given user
+ Add test for RetrieveAllUserAliases and changed OAuth scopes
+ New and improved samples.
* Thu Nov 10 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.0.15:
* No upstream-provided changes
* Thu Jun 09 2011 email@example.com
- Remove shebang lines for files in Python sitelibdir instead of
fixing their executable bit.
* Wed Jun 01 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.0.14:
* Fixed issues 456, 462, 482, 491, 493, 501
- Spec file cleanup:
* Removed rpmlintrc and fixed warnings instead
* Use fdupes for duplicates
* Tue Dec 07 2010 email@example.com
- Update to version 2.0.13:
+ Bug Fixes:
- Correctly constructs queries based on categories for Blogger
- YouTubeUserQuery constructor passes incorrect overridden
parameter to base class.
+ Accept proxy username and password in http(s)_proxy environment
+ Adding support for specifying URI to v3 docs client.
+ Adding tests for revisions for arbitrary file types in
Documents List API.
+ Google Base, added bucket node to attributes.
+ Adding ContainsSampledData XML Element to Analytics Data Feed
and updating samples
* Mon Sep 27 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.0.12:
+ Bug Fixes:
- PATCH request generates incorrect Content-Type
- get_blog_name() does not correctly handle blog URLs
- Packages should contain gdata.apps.audit in setup.py
- Lots of memory usage when uploading big video files
+ Turn on SSL be default for the spreadsheet API
+ Added support for new Analytics feeds
+ All V3 code and development has been out of this project and
+ Added partial support for the YouTube API in v2
- Changes from version 2.0.11:
+ Added the following new APIs:
- Apps Audit APIs
- Apps Organization
- Added Email Settings API client library v2.0
+ Fixes to file permissions for samples.
+ Fixing a broken calendar resource client from r983, removing a
superfluous call to MakeResourceFeedUri(), adding regression
tests for edit links.
+ Abstracting out AppsProperty so that it's usable by other libs.
+ Added optional change_password parameter to
+ Fixing minor bugs in analytics samples
+ Switch default connection type back to non-SSL connections.
+ Added OAuth test cases
+ Many APIs now use SSL, and some require it, so the following
APIs now default to using HTTPS:
- Calendar Resource
* Mon Sep 06 2010 email@example.com
- Fix build with python 2.7, by fixing a filename in the file list.
* Fri Aug 06 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.0.10:
+ Add check for liveness of proxy in live tests. Also add in
upload-diffs.py to make using codereview.appspot.com easier.
+ Add the ResourceEmail attribute to CalendarResourceEntry
+ Adding new single page methods to apps.groups.service.
+ Cleanup in service GetWithRetries.
+ Adding much more test coverage for calendar_resource.client.
+ Fixing Calendar Resource get_resource to use correct feed URI
+ Adds support for Blogger Pages.
* Thu Mar 25 2010 email@example.com
- Update to version 2.0.9:
+ Fixed URL related bug in gdata.calendar.service. You can now
edit and delete against https URLs.
+ Removed hard coded Python version from gdata.contacts.
- Changes from version 2.0.8:
+ Added support for resumable uploads with a sample that shows
it's use with Google Docs.
+ Added the publish element and copy() method to the DocsClient.
+ Added support for the JSON-C data format recently released for
the YouTube API.
+ Fixed import bug when using cryptomath with Python2.4 and
+ Modified gdata.gauth to be usable under Python2.3.
+ Fixed errors which affect RetrieveAllEmailLists
RetrieveEmailLists RetrieveAllRecipients RetrieveAllNicknames
RetrieveNicknames RetrieveAllUsers in gdata.apps.service.
+ Fixed issues with contacts client returning a raw get and not a
ContactEntry and a few auth_tokens are not being passed into
the HTTP request.
+ Fixed issue parsing worksheet feed, entry was the wrong type,
corrected to WorksheetEntry.
+ Fixed typo in gdata.spreadsheets.client (auth_service).
+ Fixed bug in Google Apps APIs UpdateSSOSettings.
+ The gdata.data.LinkFinder now looks in both the link and
feed_link members for an ACL link.
+ Removed client side check on video type in YouTube service.
Rely on the server to provide an error if the format is not
+ Improved documentation for SpreadsheetsService's UpdateRow
method to explain the use case it addresses and recomment
+ Changed projecthosting to use the host member with relative
+ Added a get_headers function to be used in Python2.2 and 2.3
since httplib.HTTPResponse does not have getheaders in those
versions of Python.
+ Added a client smoke test to check version and auth related
class members which all gdata.x.client's should have.
+ Updated the docs service_test.py to run as part of
* Wed Jan 27 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.0.7:
- Added gdata.calendar_resource.client to support the management
of calendar resources (like conference rooms) for Google Apps
- Updated the sites API client to use version 1.1 of the sites
- Added support for 2 Legged OAuth to the GDClient and included a
- Added a revoke_token method to GDClient to invalidate AuthSub
or OAuth tokens.
- Added a get_record method to the Spreadsheets client to fetch a
single record entry.
- Added includeSuspendedUsers parameter to the apps groups API.
- Fixed a client login bug present in the Maps API client.
- The client_id property in the YouTube service object is now
- Added optional 'feed' parameter to YouTube service's Query
- Updated tlslite's use of sha1 to use hashlib if using python2.5
- Added a deadline parameter to gdata.alt.appengine to allow the
urlfetch timeout to be modified to as high as 10 seconds.
- Added GetGeneratorFromLinkFinder to GDataService which
simplifies pagination across the entries in a feed.
- Removed the default value for the test domain option.
- Moved auth scopes to gdata.gauth from gdata.service.
* Thu Dec 24 2009 email@example.com
- Update to version 2.0.6:
+ updated the Google Analytics Data Export API to v2.
+ added support for batch operations on contacts and profiles.
+ added a DocsQuery class for the Documents List v3 API.
+ removed now obsolete ACL classes from gdata.docs.data in favor
of using classes in gdata.acl.data.
+ fixed bug in querying group membership by email.
+ removed import which are not present in Python2.2 from
gdata.service to maintain support for Python2.2.
+ added additional debug information to MockHttpClient.
* Thu Dec 17 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.0.5:
+ Added new gdata.contacts.client (and data) which uses version
3.0 of the contacts API.
+ Added new gdata.docs.client which uses version 3.0 of the
Documents List API.
+ Added new v2 modules for the Analytics API
+ Added conditional get using etags on get_entry.
+ Fixed bug in how Calendar redirect headers are handled when
using this library in an App Engine app.
+ Added new Calendar XML elements to the gdata.calendar module.
+ Added v2 data model classes for finance, notebook,
webmastertools, ACLs, opensearch and youtube.
+ Fixed issues with contacts.service when editing profiles.
+ Fixed bug in GDClient's get_next method.
+ Improved usability in Python2.3.
- Changes from version 2.0.4:
+ Added support for the project hosting issue tracker API.
+ Added a get-with-retries method to the v1 service for use with
the Google Apps API to automatically retry.
+ Revised Google Sites client to use text input when creating a
+ Changed demo calendar in the Google Calendar API example.
- Changes from version 2.0.3:
+ Added support for Google Sites Data API.
+ Added support for Google Contacts profiles.
+ Added support for the Spreadsheets v3 API Tables feed and
+ Added support for the Google Apps Admin Settings API.
+ New sample which illustrates use of the Blogger v1 API on App
Engine using OAuth.
+ Added a new MediaSource for use with v2 data model classes.
+ The v2 client classes can now force all requests to be made
+ Revised the test config system to allow test settings to be
specified as command line arguments or prompt the user to enter
+ Fixed UTF encoding issue in unittest on big endian
+ Fixed XML parsing bug in Spreadsheets data class.
+ Fixed bug in webmaster tools service verification method
+ Fixed download URL recognition in Document List Data API.
+ Some progress made in re-adding support for Python2.3.
- Changes from version 2.0.2:
+ Added support for the Google Maps Data API.
+ Added experimental data model classes for the v3 Spreadsheets API.
+ Auth token lookups when running in App Engine are now memcached
which should improve efficiency.
+ Fixed a bug with the v2 HTTP proxy client. If behind a proxy,
the full URL is now sent as the request selector.
+ Removed the gdata.client.GDataClient class which had been
* Thu Sep 24 2009 email@example.com
- Use new python macros to fix build on openSUSE 11.2.
- build as noarch for 11.2 and newer.
* Fri Jul 31 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.0.1:
+ Added support for Secure AuthSub, OAuth with HMAC and with RSA
to the v2 auth code.
+ Added v2 data model classes for all XML elements in the gd
+ Usability improvements in the gdata.docs.service module
+ Made the dependency on elementtree only required if you are
using Python 2.4 and lower
+ Setting the ssl member in atom.service.AtomService will now
override a URL which starts with http:
+ Added a proxy HTTP client which will use proxy environment
variables to send all requests through the desired proxy server
+ Added user agent string indicating that this is from the gdata
python v2 library
+ Removed unneeded title parameter from the Blogger client's
+ Added an all_tests_local script which runs all tests except
those which would make HTTP requests to remote servers
+ Added the birthday element to contacts entry, the reminder
element to calendar events, and the method attribute to
calendar's reminder class
+ The analytics GetData method no longer requires the dimenrions
- Update to version 2.0.0:
+ Released support for version 2 of the Google Data APIs
protocol. To use the new version-aware code, use the
gdata.client, atom.data, gdata.data modules and classes that
derive from them. For example, use
gdata.blogger.client.BloggerClient instead of
gdata.blogger.service.BloggerService. High level, service
specific classes are not available yet for other services, so
feel free to migrate as they become available. The v1 service
classes are still included so your existing code should be
+ Included new Blogger samples to illustrate v2 support, a
command line demo and an app for App Engine
+ Added OAuth sample app which uses App Engine
+ Added the gCal:sequence element to CalendarEventEntry
+ Added two decorators to diaply warnings when deprecated methods
+ Added a login utility for command line samples to share to
standardize the auth process on in a sample program
+ Fixed a bug in v2 XML parsing which prevented multiversion XML
classes from correctly parsing and generating v2 code
+ Fixed v1 HTTP Host header settings, not default ports should
now be included in the Host header
+ Fixed pickle error when an OAuth-RSA token is saved to the App
+ Fixed missing data in the Document List API unit tests
+ Improved backwards compatibility of v2 data model classes be
adding aliases to v1 functions.
* Tue Jun 09 2009 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.3.3:
+ Added support for the Google Finance API.
+ The Google Data Service classes now support version 1.0a of the
+ Fixed a naming bug in unit tests for atom.service which
appeared when using Python 2.6.x
+ Fixed URL parameter propogation when calling
GDataService.Delete. The URL parameters are now preserved.
+ Fixed incorrect return type for gdata.FeedLinkFromString.
+ Added data model classes for the Atom and AtomPub XML elements
which support version 2 of the Google Data APIs (by means of
dynamic AtomPub namespace switching). The version 2 XML classes
are much more backwards compatible with v1 classes than in
* Sat May 23 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.3.2:
+ Added support for the Google Analytics API.
+ Added support for the Google Book Search API.
+ Improved support for 2 legged OAuth and added a sample app.
+ Simplified the way an XML response from the server is parsed
into the desired class for the version 2.0 API client
* Sat Apr 25 2009 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.3.1:
+ Fixed issues with setting the developer key in the YouTubeService
+ For the Document List API:
- Added writersCanInvite element
- Fixed a small errors in Document Entry
- Added category label when creating different types of docs
- Fixed DownLoad helpers which shouldn't write a file if server returns
- Addied DocumentListEntryFromString converter and using
DocumentListEntry class instead of GDataEntry class to create
+ URLs in HTTP requests can now be unicode strings.
+ Improvements for the upcoming version 2.0.0 release:
- The v2 auth code now support AuthSub and has been tested on
- Unit tests for the v2 client code will default to not use the
local file cache but will make live requests unless cached
responses is set to True in the test configuration module.
- Older v1 unit tests can now use the v2 testing framework,
migrated contacts API tests as a proof of concept. This will
come in handy when testing backwards compatibility for the
- Improved support for unicode and other character encodings in
the v2 XML core module.