A robust email address syntax and deliverability validation library
for Python 2.7/3.4 by Joshua Tauberer.
This library validates that address are of the form
firstname.lastname@example.org. This is
the sort of validation you would want for a login form on a website.
- Good for validating email addresses used for logins/identity.
- Friendly error messages when validation fails (appropriate to show to end users).
- (optionally) Checks deliverability: Does the domain name resolve?
- Supports internationalized domain names and (optionally) internationalized local parts.
- Normalizes email addresses (super important for internationalized addresses! see below).