- Update to 0.3.0: * small bugfixes - Remove patch merged upstream: * correct_large_version_number.patch
- Add correct_large_version_number.patch fixing bt#pypa/distlib#129
- Skip test_abi tests. bt#pypa/distlib#129
- Update to 0.2.9.post0: * updated pypi urls * various small bugfixes - Remove merged patches: * pypi-url-update.patch
- Remove Windows executables
- Add upstream merged pypi-url-update.patch to replace pypi.python.org with pypi.org
- Convert to single spec - Activate test suite - Change license to Python-2.0 to match sdist - Update URL to https://bitbucket.org/pypa/distlib - Remove unnecessary build dependency on python-devel - Add fdupes - Remove unnecessary backports with remove-backports.patch - Update to v0.2.8 * database + Fixed #108: Updated metadata scan to look for the METADATA file as well as the JSON formats. * locators + Handled wheel tags and platform-dependent downloads correctly in SimpleScrapingLocator. * metadata + Updated documentation on testing to include information on setting PYTHONHASHSEED. * scripts + Avoided unnecessary newlines in script preambles, which caused problems with detecting encoding declarations. * util + Removed existing files (which might have been symlinks) before overwriting. - from v0.2.7 * compat + cache_from_source is now imported from importlib.util where available. * database + InstalledDistributions now have a modules attribute which is a list of top-level modules as read from top_level.txt, if that is in the distribution info. * locators + Fixed #103: Thanks to Saulius Žemaitaitis for the patch. * metadata + Added support for PEP 566 / Metadata 1.3. * scripts + Updated launcher binaries. - from v0.2.6 * compat + Updated to handle a case where sys.getfilesystemencoding() returns None. * database + Eliminated a crash in EggInfoDistribution.list_distinfo_files() which was caused by trying to open a non-existent file. + Handled a case where an installed distribution didn't have 'Provides:' metadata. * locators + SimpleScrapingLocator no longer fails prematurely when scraping links due to invalid versions. * markers + Improved error messages issued when interpreting markers * scripts + Improved the shebangs written into installed scripts when the interpreter path is very long or contains spaces (to cater for a limitation in shebang line parsing on Linux) + Updated launcher binaries. * Numerous test refinements - from v0.2.5 * general + Changed regular expressions to be compatible with 3.6 as regards escape sequences. + Closed some resource leaks related to XML-RPC proxies. + Removed Python 2.6 from the support list. * locators + Made downloadability a factor in scoring URLs for preferences. * markers + Replaced the implementation with code which parses requirements in accordance with PEP 508 and evaluates marker expressions according to PEP 508. * util + Changed _csv_open to use utf-8 across all platforms on Python 3.x. * wheel + Changed to look for metadata in metadata.json as well as pydist.json. * version + Updated requirement parsing in version matchers to use the new PEP 508-compliant code. * Numerous test refinements - from v0.2.4 * compat + Updated to not fail on import if SSL is unavailable. * index + Switch from using gpg in preference to gpg2 for signing. This is to avoid gpg2's behaviour of prompting for passwords, which interferes with the tests on some machines. * locators + Changed project name comparisons to follow PEP 503. + Added errors queue to Locator. * manifest + Changed match logic to work under Python 3.6, due to differences in how fnmatch.translate behaves. * resources + Updated finder registry logic to reflect changes in Python 3.6. * scripts + Fixed regular expression in generated script boilerplate. * util + Updated to not fail on import if SSL is unavailable. + Added normalize_name for project name comparisons using PEP 503. * tests + Updated to skip certain tests if SSL is unavailable. + Numerous other test refinements. - from v0.2.3 * util + Changed get_executable to return Unicode rather than bytes. + Fixed #84: Allow + character in output script names. + Relaxed too-stringent test looking for application/json in headers. * wheel + sorted the entries in RECORD before writing to file. * Numerous test refinements. - from v0.2.2 * database + Added support for detecting distributions installed by wheel versions >= 0.23 (which use metadata.json rather than pydist.json). * locators + Updated default PyPI URL to https://pypi.python.org/pypi * metadata + Updated to use different formatting for description field for V1.1 metadata. + Corrected "classifier" to "classifiers" in the mapping for V1.0 metadata. * scripts + Improved support for Jython when quoting executables in output scripts. * util + Made the internal URL used for extended metadata fetches configurable via a module attribute. + Improved entry point parsing to handle leading spaces in ini-format files. * docs + Numerous documentation updates, not detailed further here. * tests + renamed environment variable SKIP_SLOW to SKIP_ONLINE in tests and applied to some more tests. + Numerous other test refinements. - from v0.2.1 * locators + Return a Distribution instance or None from ``locate()``. + Skipped special keys when looking for versions. + Improved behaviour of PyPIJSONLocator to be analogous to that of other locators. * resource + Added resource iterator functionality. * scripts + Updated launchers to decode shebangs using UTF-8. This allows non-ASCII pathnames to be correctly handled. + Ensured that the executable written to shebangs is normcased. + Changed ScriptMaker to work better under Jython. * util + Changed the mode setting method to work better under Jython. + Changed get_executable() to return a normcased value. * wheel + Handled multiple-architecture wheel filenames correctly. * docs + Numerous documentation updates, not detailed further here. * Numerous test refinements.
- Initial packaging of v0.2.0