* Mon Oct 14 2019 Matej Cepl <email@example.com>
- Replace %fdupes -s with plain %fdupes; hardlinks are better.
* Sat Dec 22 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 7.0:
* Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.3.
* Wrap ``click.Choice``'s missing message.
* Add native ZSH autocompletion support.
* Document that ANSI color info isn't parsed from bytearrays in
* Document byte-stripping behavior of ``CliRunner``.
* Usage errors now hint at the ``--help`` option.
* Implement streaming pager.
* Extract bar formatting to its own method.
* Add ``DateTime`` type for converting input in given date time
* ``secho``'s first argument can now be ``None``, like in ``echo``.
* Fixes a ``ZeroDivisionError`` in ``ProgressBar.make_step``, when the
arg passed to the first call of ``ProgressBar.update`` is 0.
* Show progressbar only if total execution time is visible.
* Added the ability to hide commands and options from help.
* Document that options can be ``required=True``.
* Non-standalone calls to ``Context.exit`` return the exit code,
rather than calling ``sys.exit``.
* ``click.getchar()`` returns Unicode in Python 3 on Windows,
consistent with other platforms.
* Added ``FloatRange`` type.
* Added support for bash completion of ``type=click.Choice`` for
``Options`` and ``Arguments``.
* Only allow one positional arg for ``Argument`` parameter
* Add ``case_sensitive=False`` as an option to Choice.
* ``click.getchar()`` correctly raises ``KeyboardInterrupt`` on "^C"
and ``EOFError`` on "^D" on Linux.
* Fix encoding issue with ``click.getchar(echo=True)`` on Linux.
* ``param_hint`` in errors now derived from param itself.
* Add a test that ensures that when an argument is formatted into a
usage error, its metavar is used, not its name.
* Allow setting ``prog_name`` as extra in ``CliRunner.invoke``.
* Help text taken from docstrings truncates at the ``\f`` form feed
character, useful for hiding Sphinx-style parameter documentation.
* ``launch`` now works properly under Cygwin.
* Update progress after iteration.
* ``CliRunner.invoke`` now may receive ``args`` as a string
representing a Unix shell command.
* Make ``Argument.make_metavar()`` default to type metavar.
* Add documentation for ``ignore_unknown_options``.
* Add bright colors support for ``click.style`` and fix the reset
option for parameters ``fg`` and ``bg``.
* Add ``show_envvar`` for showing environment variables in help.
* Avoid ``BrokenPipeError`` during interpreter shutdown when stdout or
stderr is a closed pipe.
* Document customizing option names.
* Disable ``sys._getframes()`` on Python interpreters that don't
* Fix bug in test runner when calling ``sys.exit`` with ``None``.
* Clarify documentation on command line options.
* Fix crash on Windows console.
* Fix bug that caused bash completion to give improper completions on
* Added support for dynamic bash completion from a user-supplied
* Added support for bash completions containing spaces.
* Allow autocompletion function to determine whether or not to return
completions that start with the incomplete argument.
* Fix option naming routine to match documentation and be
* Fix path validation bug.
* Add test and documentation for ``Option`` naming: functionality.
* Update doc to match arg name for ``path_type``.
* Raw strings added so correct escaping occurs.
* Fix 16k character limit of ``click.echo`` on Windows.
* Overcome 64k character limit when writing to binary stream on
* Add bool conversion for "t" and "f".
* ``NoSuchOption`` errors take ``ctx`` so that ``--help`` hint gets
printed in error output.
* Fixed the behavior of Click error messages with regards to Unicode
on 2.x and 3.x. Message is now always Unicode and the str and
Unicode special methods work as you expect on that platform.
* Progress bar now uses stderr by default.
* Add support for auto-completion documentation.
* Allow ``CliRunner`` to separate stdout and stderr.
* Fix variable precedence.
* Fix invalid escape sequences.
* Fix ``ResourceWarning`` that occurs during some tests.
* When detecting a misconfigured locale, don't fail if the ``locale``
* Add ``case_sensitive=False`` as an option to ``Choice`` types.
* Force stdout/stderr writable. This works around issues with badly
patched standard streams like those from Jupyter.
* Fix completion of subcommand options after last argument
* ``_AtomicFile`` now uses the ``realpath`` of the original filename
so that changing the working directory does not affect it.
* Fix incorrect completions when defaults are present
* Add copy option attrs so that custom classes can be re-used.
* "x" and "a" file modes now use stdout when file is ``"-"``.
* Fix missing comma in ``__all__`` list.
* Clarify how parameters are named.
* Stdout is now automatically set to non blocking.
* Do not set options twice.
* Move ``fcntl`` import.
* Fix Google App Engine ``ImportError``.
* Better handling of help text for dynamic default option values.
* Fix ``get_winter_size()`` so it correctly returns ``(0,0)``.
* Add test case checking for custom param type.
* Allow short width to address cmd formatting.
* Add details about Python version support.
* Added deprecation flag to commands.
* Fixed issues where ``fd`` was undefined.
* Fix formatting for short help.
* Document how ``auto_envvar_prefix`` works with command groups.
* Don't add newlines by default for progress bars.
* Use Python sorting order for ZSH completions.
* Document that parameter names are converted to lowercase by default.
* Subcommands that are named by the function now automatically have
the underscore replaced with a dash. If you register a function
named ``my_command`` it becomes ``my-command`` in the command line
* Hide hidden commands and options from completion.
* Fix absolute import blocking Click from being vendored into a
project on Windows.
* Fix issue where a lowercase ``auto_envvar_prefix`` would not be
converted to uppercase.
- Drop patch merged upstream python-click-test_compat.py.patch
* Wed Dec 05 2018 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Trim bias and future aims from description.
* Tue Dec 04 2018 Matej Cepl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Remove superfluous devel dependency for noarch package
* Tue Sep 12 2017 email@example.com
- Added python-click-test_compat.py.patch to let %check section
Disabled test_legacy_callbacks() for the time being
* Tue Apr 04 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- better test runner that works with pypy
* Wed Mar 22 2017 email@example.com
- Converted to single-spec
- Changed source URL to pypi.io
* Thu Mar 16 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 6.7:
* Make `click.progressbar` work with `codecs.open` files. See #637.
* Fix bug in bash completion with nested subcommands. See #639.
* Fix test runner not saving caller env correctly. See #644.
* Fix handling of SIGPIPE. See #626
* Deal with broken Windows environments such as Google App
Engine's. See #711.
* Thu Nov 17 2016 email@example.com
- Include in SLE 12 (FATE#320818, bsc#979331)
* Thu Sep 15 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 6.6:
* Fix bug in `click.Path` where it would crash when passed a
`-`. See #551.
- update to version 6.4:
* Fix bug in bash completion where click would discard one or more
trailing arguments. See #471.
- update to version 6.3:
* Fix argument checks for interpreter invoke with `-m` and `-c` on
* Fixed a bug that cased locale detection to error out on Python 3.
* Thu Dec 03 2015 email@example.com
- Update to version 6.2
* Correct fix for hidden progress bars.
- Changes from version 6.1
* Resolved an issue with invisible progress bars no longer
* Disable chain commands with subcommands as they were
* Fix `MissingParameter` not working without parameters passed.
- Changes from version 6.0
* Optimized the progressbar rendering to not render when it did
not actually change.
* Explicitly disallow nargs=-1 with a set default.
* The context is now closed before it's popped from the stack.
* Added support for short aliases for the false flag on
* Click will now attempt to aid you with debugging locale
errors better by listing with the help of the OS what locales
* Click used to return byte strings on Python 2 in some
unit-testing situations. This has been fixed to correctly
return unicode strings now.
* For Windows users on Python 2, Click will now handle Unicode
more correctly handle Unicode coming in from the system.
This also has the disappointing side effect that filenames
will now be always unicode by default in the `Path` type
which means that this can introduce small bugs for code not
aware of this.
* Added a `type` parameter to `Path` to force a specific string
type on the value.
* For users running Python on Windows the `echo`) and `prompt`
functions now work with full unicode functionality in the
Python windows console by emulating an output stream. This
also applies to getting the virtual output and input streams
* Unittests now always force a certain virtual terminal width.
* Added support for allowing dashes to indicate standard
streams to the `Path` type.
* Multi commands in chain mode no longer propagate arguments
left over from parsing to the callbacks. It's also now
disallowed through an exception when optional arguments are
attached to multi commands if chain mode is enabled.
* Relaxed restriction that disallowed chained commands to have
other chained commands as child commands.
* Arguments with positive nargs can now have defaults
implemented. Previously this configuration would often
result in slightly unexpected values be returned.
- Changes from version 5.1
* Fix a bug in `pass_obj` that would accidentally pass the
- Changes from version 5.0
* Removed various deprecated functionality.
* Atomic files now only accept the `w` mode.
* Change the usage part of help output for very long commands
to wrap their arguments onto the next line, indented by 4
* Fix a bug where return code and error messages were incorrect
when using ``CliRunner``.
* added `get_current_context`.
* added a `meta` dictionary to the context which is shared
across the linked list of contexts to allow click utilities
to place state there.
* introduced `Context.scope`.
* The `echo` function is now threadsafe: It calls the `write`
method of the underlying object only once.
* `prompt(hide_input=True)` now prints a newline on `^C`.
* Click will now warn if users are using ``unicode_literals``.
* Click will now ignore the ``PAGER`` environment variable if
it is empty or contains only whitespace.
* The `click-contrib` GitHub organization was created.
* Sat Jul 18 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 4.1
* Fix a bug where error messages would include a trailing
* Fix a bug where Click would crash on docstrings with
* Added color parameters to lots of interfaces that directly
or indirectly call into echoing. This previously was always
autodetection (with the exception of the echo_via_pager
function). Now you can forcefully enable or disable it,
overriding the auto detection of Click.
* Added an UNPROCESSED type which does not perform any type
changes which simplifies text handling on 2.x / 3.x in
some special advanced usecases.
* Added NoSuchOption and BadOptionUsage exceptions for more
generic handling of errors.
* Added support for handling of unprocessed options which
can be useful in situations where arguments are forwarded
to underlying tools.
* Added max_content_width parameter to the context which
can be used to change the maximum width of help output.
By default Click will not format content for more than
80 characters width.
* Added support for writing prompts to stderr.
* Fix a bug when showing the default for multiple arguments.
* Added support for custom subclasses to option and argument.
* Fix bug in clear() on Windows when colorama is installed.
* Reject nargs=-1 for options properly. Options cannot be
* Fixed an issue with bash completion not working properly
for commands with non ASCII characters or dashes.
* Added a way to manually update the progressbar.
* Changed the formatting of missing arguments. Previously
the internal argument name was shown in error messages,
now the metavar is shown if passed. In case an automated
metavar is selected, it?s stripped of extra formatting first.
* Tue Aug 26 2014 email@example.com
- Fix %description
* Tue Aug 26 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial package of python-click