* Thu Mar 02 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.9.6 (changes since 0.9.3):
* Add user definable removal of timezones in datetimes
* Fix a duplicate header warning in add_table when there is only
one user defined header (gh#jmcnamara/XlsxWriter#380).
* A fix for the center_across property in add_format
* A fix for a missing remove_timezone option in the Chart class
* A fix for a table with data but without a header
* Add a warning when the number of series in a chart exceeds
Excel's limit of 255 (gh#jmcnamara/XlsxWriter#399).
- Update for the multipython build.
* Mon Aug 15 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix update-alternatives implementation.
* Fri Jul 22 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.9.3 (changes since 0.8.7):
* Add workbook :func:`set_custom_property` method to set custom
* Fix for :func:`insert_image` issue when handling images with
* Add :ref:`trendline properties <chart_series_option_trendline>`:
``intercept``, ``display_equation`` and ``display_r_squared``.
* Documented used of font rotation in chart :ref:`data labels
* Add workbook :func:`set_size` method to set the workbook window
* Add check to :func:`add_table` to prevent duplicate header
names which leads to a corrupt Excel file.
- Fix SLE 11 build.
* Wed May 25 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.8.7
* Fix for issue when inserting read-only images on Windows.
Issue `#352 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/352>`_.
* Added :func:`get_worksheet_by_name()` method to allow the retrieval of a
worksheet from a workbook via its name.
* Fixed issue where internal file creation and modification dates where in the
local timezone instead of UTC.
- Switch to pythonhosted URL.
- Rename to python3-XlsxWriter to conform to python packaging guidelines
- Implement update-alternatives
* Thu Apr 28 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.8.6 (changes since 0.8.4):
* Add additional documentation on :ref:`ewx_pandas` and
* Add fix for :func:`set_center_across` format method.
* Fix for ``external:`` urls where the target/anchor contains
* Thu Feb 11 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.8.4 (changes since 0.7.7):
* Add checks for valid and non-duplicate worksheet table names.
* Add chart pattern fills, see :ref:`chart_formatting_pattern`
* Add additional documentation on :ref:`working_with_formulas`.
* Add option to set chart tick interval.
* Add transparency option to solid fill colours in chart areas
* Add options to configure chart axis tick placement.
* Fix for :func:`write_url` exception when the URL contains two
``#`` location/anchors. Note, URLs like this aren't strictly
valid and cannot be entered manually in Excel.
* Mon Nov 23 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 0.7.7:
* Add support for table header formatting and a fix for wrapped
lines in the header.
* Sat Oct 10 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.7.6:
* Add option to allow data validation input messages with the
'any' validate parameter.
* Fix url encoding of links to external files and directories.
* Allow hyperlinks longer than 255 characters when the link and
anchor are each less than or equal to 255 characters.
* Add ``hyperlink_base`` document property.
* Fix for images with negative offsets.
* Sat Jul 18 2015 email@example.com
- Initial package.
* Thu Jan 30 2020 Todd R <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 1.2.7
* Fix for duplicate images being copied to an XlsxWriter file. Excel uses an
optimization where it only stores one copy of a repeated/duplicate image in
a workbook. XlsxWriter didn't do this which meant that the file size would
increase when then was a large number of repeated images. This release fixes
that issue and replicates Excel's behavior.
* Added documentation on :ref:`num_format_categories` and
* Added note to :func:`protect()` about how it is possible to encrypt an
XlsxWriter file using a third party, cross platform, open source tool called
- Update to version 1.2.6
* Added option to remove style from worksheet tables.
- Update to version 1.2.5
* Added option to add hyperlinks to textboxes. See :ref:`textbox_hyperlink`.
- Update to version 1.2.4
* Added option to link textbox text from a cell. See :ref:`textbox_textlink`.
* Added option to rotate text in a textbox. See
- Update to version 1.2.3
* Increased allowable worksheet url length from 255 to 2079 characters, as
supported in more recent versions of Excel. A lower or user defined limit
can be set via the ``max_url_length`` property in the :func:`Workbook`
* Fixed several issues with hyperlinks in worksheet images.
- Update to version 1.2.2
* Fixed Python 3.8.0 warnings.
- Update to version 1.2.1
* Added the :func:`add_write_handler` method to allow user defined types to be
handled by the :func:`write` method. See :ref:`writing_user_types` for more
* Add support for East Asian vertical fonts in charts.
- Update to version 1.2.0
* Refactored exception handling around the workbook file :func:`close()`
method to allow exceptions to be caught and handled. See
:ref:`ex_check_close`. Also refactored the code to clean up temp files in
the event of an exception.
* Added the option to allow chart fonts to be rotated to 270 degrees
to give a stacked orientation. See :ref:`chart_fonts`.
- Update to version 1.1.9
* Another fix for issues where zipfile.py raises "ZIP does not support
timestamps before 1980" exception.
* Sat Sep 14 2019 John Vandenberg <email@example.com>
- Use %pytest, as setup.py test invokes python which does not exist
if only python3 flavour is built.
* Mon Jul 22 2019 Todd R <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to Release 1.1.8
* Added ability to combine Doughnut and Pie charts.
* Added gauge chart example which is a combination of a Doughnut and a Pie
- Update to Release 1.1.7
* Added docs on object_position.
* Added fix for sizing of cell comment boxes when they cross columns/rows that
have size changes that occur after the comment is written.
* Added fix for the sizing of worksheet objects (images, charts, textboxes)
when the underlying cell sizes have changed and the "object_position"
parameter has been set to 1 "Move and size with cells". An additional mode 4
has been added to simulate inserting the object in hidden rows.
* Added object positioning for charts and textboxes, it was already supported
for images. Note, the parameter is now called ``object_position``. The
previous parameter name ``positioning`` is deprecated but still supported
- Update to Release 1.1.6
* Fixed issue where images that started in hidden rows/columns weren't placed
correctly in the worksheet.
* Fixed the mime-type reported by system ``file(1)``. The mime-type reported
by "file --mime-type"/magic was incorrect for XlsxWriter files since it
expected the ``[Content_types]`` to be the first file in the zip container.
* Mon Feb 25 2019 John Vandenberg <email@example.com>
- Update to v1.1.5
* Break compatibility with Python 2.6
* Fri Feb 22 2019 John Vandenberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to v1.1.4
* Fix for issues where zipfile.py raises "ZIP does not support
timestamps before 1980" exception.
Issue `#535 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/535>`_.
- from v1.1.3
* Fix handling of ``'num_format': '0'`` in duplicate formats.
Issue `#584 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/584>`_.
- Activate the test suite using the GitHub repository archive.
* Sat Dec 22 2018 Todd R <email@example.com>
- Update to version 1.1.2
* Fix for issue where ``in_memory`` files weren't compressed.
Issue `#573 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/573>`_.
* Fix ``write()`` so that it handles array formulas as documented.
Issue `#418 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/418>`_.
* Fix for issue with special characters in worksheet table functions.
Issue `#442 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/442>`_.
* Added warnings for input issues in :func:`write_rich_string()` such as blank
strings, double formats or insufficient parameters.
Issue `#425 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/425>`_.
- Update to version 1.1.1
* Added comment font name and size options.
Issue `#201 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/201>`_.
* Fix for issue when using text boxes in the same workbook as a chartsheet.
Issue `#420 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/420>`_.
- Update to version 1.1.0
* Added functionality to align chart category axis labels. See the
``label_align`` property of the :func:`set_x_axis()` method.
* Added worksheet :func:`hide_row_col_headers()` method to turn off worksheet
row and column headings.
Issue `#480 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/480>`_.
* Added the :func:`set_tab_ratio()` method to set the ratio between the
worksheet tabs and the horizontal slider.
Issue `#481 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/481>`_.
* Fixed issue with icon conditional formats when the values were zero.
Issue `#565 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/565>`_.
- Update to version 1.0.9
* Fix for issue with formulas quoted as strings in conditional formats,
introduced in version 1.0.7.
Issue `#564 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/564>`_.
- Update to version 1.0.8
* Added named exceptions to XlsxWriter. See :ref:`exceptions`.
* Removed the implicit :func:`close()` in the destructor since it wasn't
guaranteed to work correctly and raised a confusing exception when any other
exception was triggered. **Note that this is a backward incompatible
change.** The ``with`` context manager is a better way to close
automatically, see :func:`close()`.
* Added border, fill, pattern and gradient formatting options to
Issue `#545 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/545>`_.
* Added ``top_right`` position to :func:`set_legend()`.
Issue `#537 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/537>`_.
- Update to version 1.0.7
* Fix for unicode type error in Python 3.
Issue `#554 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/554>`_.
- Update to version 1.0.6
* Added some performance improvements.
PR `#551 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/pull/551>`_.
- Update to version 1.0.5
* Added example of how to subclass the Workbook and Worksheet objects. See
:ref:`ex_inheritance1` and :ref:`ex_inheritance2`.
* Added support for WMF and EMF image formats to the Worksheet
- Update to version 1.0.4
* Set the xlsx internal file member datetimes to 1980-01-01 00:00:00 like
Excel so that apps can produce a consistent binary file once the workbook
:func:`set_properties` ``created`` date is set.
Pull request `#495 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/pull/495>`_.
* Fix for jpeg images that reported unknown height/width due to unusual SOF markers.
Issue `#506 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/506>`_.
* Added support for blanks in list autofilter.
Issue `#505 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/505>`_.
- Update to version 1.0.3
* Added Excel 2010 data bar features such as solid fills and control over the
display of negative values. See :ref:`working_with_conditional_formats` and
Feature request `#502 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/502>`_.
* Fixed :func:`set_column` parameter names to match docs and other methods.
Note, this is a backward incompatible change.
Issue `#504 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/504>`_.
* Fixed missing plotarea formatting in pie/doughnut charts.
- Update to version 1.0.2
* Fix for cases where the hyperlink style added in the previous release didn't
Feature request `#455 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/455>`_.
- Update to version 1.0.1
* Changed default :func:`write_url` format to the Excel hyperlink style so that
it changes when the theme is changed and also so that it indicates that the
link has been clicked.
Feature request `#455 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/455>`_.
- Update to version 1.0.0
* Added icon sets to conditional formatting. See
:ref:`working_with_conditional_formats` and :ref:`ex_cond_format`.
Feature request `#387 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/387>`_.
- Update to version 0.9.9
* Added ``stop_if_true`` parameter to conditional formatting.
Feature request `#386 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/386>`_.
- Update to version 0.9.8
* Fixed issue where spurious deprecation warning was raised in ``-Werror`` mode.
ssue `#451 <https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter/issues/451>`_.
- Update to version 0.9.7
* Minor bug and doc fixes.