Portable Efficient Assembly Code-generator in Higher-level Python (PEACH-Py)
PEACH-Py is a Python framework for writing high-performance assembly kernels.
PEACH-Py is developed to simplify writing optimized assembly kernels while
preserving all optimization opportunities of traditional assembly. Some
- Automatic register allocation
- Stack frame management, including re-aligning of stack frame as needed
- Generating versions of a function for different calling conventions from
the same source (e.g. functions for Microsoft x64 ABI and System V x86-64
ABI can be generated from the same source)
- Allows to define constants in the place where they are used (just like in
- Tracking of instruction extensions used in the function.
- Multiplexing of multiple instruction streams (helpful for software