* Tue Mar 26 2019 Benoît Monin <email@example.com>
- update to version 3.1:
* The following new features have been included in the release:
+ A Contributing Guide has been added (#732)
+ A new configuration option to set the footnote separator has
been added. Also, the rel and rev attributes have been
removed from footnotes as they are not valid in HTML5. The
refs and backrefs classes already exist and serve the same
+ A new option for toc_depth to set not only the bottom section
level, but also the top section level. A string consisting of
two digits separated by a hyphen in between ("2-5"), defines
the top (t) and the bottom (b) (<ht>..<hb>). A single integer
still defines the bottom section level (<h1>..<hb>) only.(#787)
* The following bug fixes are included in the 3.1 release:
+ Update CLI to support PyYAML 5.1.
+ Overlapping raw HTML matches no longer leave placeholders
+ Emphasis patterns now recognize newline characters as
+ Version format had been updated to be PEP 440 compliant
+ Block level elements are defined per instance, not as class
+ Double escaping of block code has been eliminated (#725).
+ Problems with newlines in references has been fixed (#742).
+ Escaped # are now handled in header syntax (#762).
- remove yaml5.patch: merged upstream
* Fri Mar 15 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Fix build with PyYAML > 5:
* Wed Jan 02 2019 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.0.1:
* Brought back the `version` and `version_info` variables
* Added support for hexadecimal HTML entities
* Mon Dec 10 2018 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Fix fdupes call
* Thu Oct 18 2018 Benoît Monin <email@example.com>
- update to version 3.0: major release
* backwards-incompatible changes:
+ enable_attributes keyword deprecated
+ smart_emphasis keyword and smart_strong extension deprecated
+ output_formats simplified to html and xhtml
+ safe_mode and html_replacement_text keywords deprecated
+ Positional arguments deprecated
+ Extension name behavior has changed
+ Extension configuration as part of extension name deprecated
+ HeaderId extension deprecated
+ Homegrown OrderedDict has been replaced with a purpose-built
+ Markdown class instance references
+ markdown.util.isBlockLevel deprecated
+ md_globals keyword deprecated from extension API
+ Added new, more flexible InlineProcessor class
* new features:
+ a new testing framework is included as a part of the Markdown
library, which can also be used by third party extensions
+ a new toc_depth parameter has been added to the Table of
+ new toc_tokens attribute has been added to the Markdown class
by the Table of Contents Extension
+ when the Table of Contents Extension is used in conjunction
with the Attribute Lists Extension and a data-toc-label
attribute is defined on a header, the content of the
data-toc-label attribute is now used as the content of the
Table of Contents item for that header
+ additional CSS class names can be appended to Admonitions
- update and adapt the patch for python-3.7:
* add markdown-3.0-python37.patch
* remove markdown-2.6.11-python37.patch
- run the tests via unittest discover
- remove nose from BuildRequires: not used anymore
* Tue Aug 07 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add patch to build with python 3.7:
* Mon Mar 19 2018 email@example.com
- Add build/runtime dependency over setuptools wrt bsc#1079287
- Remove python-devel dependency which is not really needed
* Fri Jan 05 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 2.6.11: bugfix release
* Added a new BACKLINK-TITLE option to the footnote extension so
that non-English users can provide a custom title to back links
- additional changes from version 2.6.10: documentation update
- remove encoding conversion: fixed upstream
* Fri Aug 18 2017 email@example.com
- update to version 2.6.9: bugfix release
* Sun May 07 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- convert the package to singlespec
- call fdupes to fix duplicated files
- fix encoding of the single file with CR/LF:
avoid python-bytecode-inconsistent-mtime in every other files
* Thu Jan 26 2017 email@example.com
- update to version 2.6.8: bugfix release
* Sat Sep 24 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 2.6.7: bugfix release
- change source url to files.pythonhosted.org
* Wed Mar 23 2016 email@example.com
- update to version 2.6.6: no upstream changelog
* Wed Nov 25 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 2.6.5: bugfix release
* Sat Nov 07 2015 email@example.com
- update to version 2.6.4: bugfix release
* Tue Oct 27 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 2.6.3: bugfix release
* Tue Apr 21 2015 email@example.com
- update to version 2.6.2: bugfix release
* Tue Mar 10 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 2.6.1: bugfix release
The (new) yaml option has been removed from the Meta-Data
Extension as it was buggy
* Fri Feb 20 2015 email@example.com
- update to version 2.6:
* `safe_mode` Deprecated
* Positional Arguments Deprecated
* "Shortened" Extension Names Deprecated
* Extension Configuration as Part of Extension Name Deprecated
* HeaderId Extension Pending Deprecation
* The `configs` Keyword is Deprecated
* Official Support for PyPy
* YAML Style Meta-Data
* Table of Contents Extension Refactored
* Pygments can now be disabled
* Mon Nov 24 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 2.5.2: bugfix release
* Fri Oct 03 2014 email@example.com
- update to version 2.5.1: bugfix release
* Tue Sep 16 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 2.5:
* The force_linenos config key on the CodeHilite extension has
* Both safe_mode and the associated html_replacement_text
keywords will be deprecated in version 2.6.
* Positional arguments on the markdown.Markdown() function are
* The builtin extensions did not require the full path to be
provided. This behavior will be deprecated in version 2.6.
* The previously documented method of appending the extension
configs as a string to the extension name will be deprecated in
* The Smarty extension has had a number of additional
configuration settings added.
* Named extensions can now point to any module and/or Class on
* The extension configuration code has been refactored.
* The command line interface now accepts a --extensions_config
* The amonition extension is no longer considered experimental.
* Various bug fixes have been made.
- add python-PyYAML to BuildRequires: needed for tests
* Wed Jul 09 2014 email@example.com
- fix conflicts with python3-Markdown
* both use update-alternatives
* Mon May 26 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- disable tests for 11.1 and SLES 10 builds
* Mon Feb 17 2014 email@example.com
- update to version 2.4:
* the "force_linenos" config setting of the CodeHilite extension
has been marked as Deprecated.
* URLs are no longer percent-encoded.
* the Smarty Extension has been added, which implements
* the Table of Contents Extension now supports new permalink
option for creating Sphinx-style anchor links.
* it is now possible to enable Markdown formatting inside HTML
blocks by appending `markdown=1` to opening tag attributes.
* The code blocks now support emphasizing some of the code lines.
* Various bug fixes have been made.
- fix CRLF in all files: upstream converted to DOS encoding
* Wed Jan 15 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 2.3.1:
- additional changes from version 2.3.0:
* Support has been dropped for Python 2.5.
* All classes are now "new-style" classes.
* "safe_mode" has been further restricted.
* The ids assigned to footnotes now contain a dash (`-`) rather
than a colon (`:`) when `output_format` it set to "html5" or
* The "force_linenos" config setting of the CodeHilite extension
has been marked as Pending Deprecation and a new setting
"linenums" has been added to replace it.
* The "RSS" extension has been removed.
* The "HTML Tidy" Extension has been removed.
* The entire code base now universally runs in Python 2 and
Python 3 without any need for running the 2to3 conversion tool.
* The Admonition Extension has been added.
* Various bug fixes have been made.
- drop sed call to remove shebangs: fixed upstream