* Mon Mar 05 2018 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.7
* The option "--loose-trailing" has been added.
* The test used by clzip to discriminate trailing data from a
corrupt header in multimember or concatenated files has been
improved to a Hamming distance of 3.
* Thu May 11 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.6:
* The option '-l, --list' has been ported from lziprecover.
* It is now an error to specify two or more different operations
in the command line (--decompress, --list or --test).
* In test mode, plzip now continues checking the rest of the
files if any input file is a terminal.
- Update dependecies and sections for info file handling
* Sat Aug 20 2016 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.5
* The option "-a, --trailing-error", which makes plzip exit with
error status 2 if any remaining input is detected after
decompressing the last member, has been added.
* When decompressing, the file specified with the "--output" option
is now deleted if the input is a terminal.
* Thu Aug 06 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.4
* The option "-0" has been modified to use the new fast encoder of
lzlib 1.7, which achieves a compression speed and ratio
comparable to those of pigz's default compression level.
* Sun Feb 08 2015 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.3
* Testing of a non-seekable file or of standard input now uses up
to 30 MiB less memory per thread.
* "-dvvv" and "-tvvv" now show the dictionary size of the first
member, producing the same output as lzip for single-member
* Wed Oct 01 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.2
* Copying of file dates, permissions, and ownership now behaves
like `cp -p`. (If the user ID or the group ID cannot be
duplicated, the file permission bits S_ISUID and S_ISGID are
* Individual limits have been set on the number of packets produced
by each decompresor worker thread to limit the amount of memory
used in all cases.
* The license has been changed to GPL version 2 or later.
* Tue Sep 23 2014 email@example.com
- Drop gpg-offline build-time requirement; this is now handled by
the local source validator
* Sun Sep 29 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.1
* Plzip now shows the progress of compression at verbosity
level 2 (-vv).
* Wed Jun 05 2013 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.0
* Scalability of compression (max number of useful worker threads)
has been increased. Scalability when decompressing from/to
regular files has been increased.
* The number of worker threads is now limited to the number of
members in the input file when decompressing from a regular file.
- Do signature verification
- Wrap description at 70 cols
- Remove redundant %clean section
* Thu Apr 19 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.9: minor fixes and cleanup
* Sun Feb 26 2012 email@example.com
- update to 0.8:
* the option "-F, --recompress", which forces recompression of files whose
name already has the ".lz" or ".tlz" suffix, has been added
* the options "-d, --decompress" and "-t, --test" now also show compression
* inability to change output file attributes has been downgraded from error
* quote characters in messages have been changed as advised by GNU Coding
* Wed Mar 24 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.6:
* some small portability problems have been fixed
* updates to the manual
* Mon Feb 15 2010 email@example.com
- update to 0.5:
* parallel decompression has been implemented
* Wed Jan 27 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.3:
* the "--data-size" option has been added
* the output file is now removed if plzip is interrupted
* this version automatically chooses the smallest possible
dictionary size for each member during compression, saving
memory during decompression
* regular files are now opened in binary mode on non-POSIX
platforms defining the O_BINARY macro
* Tue Jan 19 2010 email@example.com
- initial version (0.2)