- Update to version 1.5.2 * Builds with Octave 4.2. * Links to core Octave documentation work now in html version of package documentation. * Fixed treatment of one-parameter-functions in `jacobs'. * The sign of `lambda' returned for equality constraints by `quadprog' has been changed for compatibility with Matlab. * Deprecated `nmsmax' -- the same code is in `fminsearch' in core Octave, with a slightly different interface. * Fixed bug which could break building oct-files. - Fix GCC warnings * optim-gcc-warnings.patch
- Update to version 1.5.0 * Compatible with Octaves new exception-based error handling. * New compatibility wrapper functions 'lsqnonlin' and 'lsqcurvefit', calling the more general functions 'nonlin_residmin' and 'nonlin_curvefit' iternally. * New compatibility wrapper function 'nlinfit', calling 'nonlin_curvefit' and 'curvefit_stat' internally. New functions 'statset' and 'statget' for compatibility in handling options of 'nlinfit'. * New common frontend option 'TypicalX'. Additional common frontend options 'FinDiffRelStep' and 'FinDiffType', to match usual option names. 'diffp' and 'diff_onesided' are still available and can now also be specified as scalars. * nonlin_residmin and nonlin_curvefit return determined Lagrange multipliers of any constaints * New interface function 'quadprog', similar to Octaves 'qp'. * New function 'lsqlin'. * Removed deprecated functions 'minimize', 'd2_min', and 'fmin'. Removed obsolete documentation 'optim-mini-howto-2'. - Drop obsolete: * optim-gcc-errors.patch * optim-no-doc-rebuild.patch
- Update to version 1.4.1 * Made compatible with Octave 4.0. * Fixed bug #43699.
- Split from octave-forge package, version 1.4.0 - Fix no-return-in-nonvoid-function * optim-gcc-errors.patch - Disable documentation rebuild * optim-no-doc-rebuild.patch
- Fix compilation error due to missing iostream.h include Add add_missing_iostream_include.patch - Corrected Url: tag
- Update to version 1.5.3: * Added dependency on statistics package. * Some bug fixes and build fixes for Octave 4.4. * Unit test for nlinfit is now reproducible. * Added unit tests in nonlin_residmin and nonlin_curvefit. * Default algorithm of `nonlin_min' is now more robust. * Standalone function `samin' is deprecated. The functionality has been moved into a `samin' backend of function `nonlin_min'. - Drop optim-gcc-warnings.patch: incorporated upstream.