* Tue Aug 22 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.0.0
* Support for N-dimensional arrays of intervals
See `news interval` for detailed changelog
* Thu Nov 24 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.0.0
* Operations from IEEE Std 1788-2015 which trigger an "exception"
shall return a value nonetheless. Conformance has been improved
in this new version, but may break compatibility with previous versions.
* Interval package comprises functions from VERSOFT, a verification
* Tue Jun 07 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.5.0
* norm: Added subordinate matrix norms and the max norm
* strictsubset: New interval comparison function
* Sat Oct 03 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.2.0
* The output format for intervals has been changed. The number of
decimal places now respects what has been set by the user with the
‘format short’ or ‘format long’ command, and is much shorter by
default. Also it is possible to use ‘format hex’. The old format
can be accessed with the ‘intervaltotext’ function.
* fminsearch: New optimizer function for finding the minimum value of
a function over interval constraints using the Skelboe-Moore
* fzero: Changed function parameters to support optimset options
* power: Improved speed of the general interval power function and
monomials with the notation x .^ n
* plot, plot3: Added support for colormaps
* Thu Aug 13 2015 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.1.0
* meshgrid, mince: New utility functions to help plotting of
* linspace: New interval arithmetic function
* intersect, max, min, union: Allow evaluation as aggregate
functions within an interval matrix along a common dimension
* Improvements in the documentation
* Sat Jun 20 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.0.0
* IEEE 1788, the standard for interval arithmetic, was approved on
June 11. To mark the occasion, the major version number has been
* All interval constructors have been extended to create interval
matrices from a single string. Commas or spaces may be used as a
column separator (consecutive separators are trimmed). Semicolon
and new line characters can be used as a row separator.
* hdist, idist, sdist, smig: New interval numeric functions
* User manual: Relicensed under GPL, added examples from the former
Octave SIMP package, and various minor improvements.
* Documentation was relicenced to GPL-3.0
* mtimes: Fixed matrix-vector multiplication of decorated intervals
* Fixed a linking error in mkoctfile that could prevent package
installation (bug #45280)
* Sun May 31 2015 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.2.1
* plot, plot3: New interval plotting functions. Pay attention to the
included examples, which can be executed with 'demo @infsup/plot'
and 'demo @infsup/plot3' respectively.
* polyval: New interval arithmetic algorithm
* bisect: New set operation for bisecting algorithms
* sinrev, cosrev, tanrev, atan2rev1, atan2rev2: Now allow non-scalar
* Simplified licensing: Relicensed parts of the software that were
not under GPL
* Updated information for citation of the package
* Mon May 04 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.2.0
* User manual included in the package
* New utility functions: cat, postpad, prepad, reshape, resize
* and, or: Removed deprecated functions
* Improved display output for cell arrays and new function: disp
* Minor performance improvements (all decorated interval functions,
* Wed Apr 08 2015 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.1.5
* Implicit decoration of bare intervals triggers a warning now and
can be allowed or forbidden by the user. Implicit decoration
of bare interval literals is not affected.
* newdec: New operation for explicit promotion of bare intervals
into decorated intervals (without warning).
* Decorated interval literals with illegal decoration are
no longer allowed and produce NaIs.
* hull: In contrast to the union function, the interval constructor
is no longer considered a set operation and can create intervals
with a non-trivial decoration.
* setdiff, setxor: New set operations
* intersect, union: Renamed set operations; the old function names (and, or)
are hereby deprecated and are going to be removed in the next release.
* intervaltotext, intervaltoexact: Decimal fractions no longer omit zero
before the point, and unnecessary trailing decimal places can be omitted
more consistently and in more cases than before (also affects console
output). Improved accuracy and performance with support for interval
* Thu Mar 19 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.1.4
* New interval constructors: hull, midrad
* New interval arithmetic functions: cbrt, cot, coth, csc, csch,
dilog, ei, erf, erfc, gamma, gammaln, psi, rsqrt, sec, sech
* mtimes: Support for fast, less accurate evaluation using BLAS routines
* mldivide, mrdivide, inv: Improved performance by using faster mtimes
* infsup, infsupdec: Enabled broadcasting of scalar boundaries
* rad: May compute mid and rad simultaneously
* subsref: Access to interval properties using field syntax: x.inf and x.sup
* Thu Feb 26 2015 email@example.com
- Split from octave-forge package, version 0.1.3