* Tue Feb 27 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- add firewalld service
* Sat Feb 24 2018 email@example.com
- update version 0.11.10
* see NEWS
- drop boo1021353-ocserv-doc-racing-in-parallel-build.patch
- add ocserv-LZ4_compress_default.patch
* leap doesn't have LZ4_compress_default
* Thu May 11 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use readline (current) instead of readline5:
+ Replace readline5-devel BuildRequires with readline-devel.
* Mon Jan 23 2017 email@example.com
- fix boo#1021353: ocserv randomly misbuilds man pages
- add patch: boo1021353-ocserv-doc-racing-in-parallel-build.patch
* occtl and ocpasswd are both built from args.def, which
will cause a racing problem in parallel builds that autogen
write contents randomly. fixed by adding a prefix to make
them different in filename.
* Wed Dec 21 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update version 0.11.6
* cserv: Improved detection of mobile clients
* ocserv: Update the worker's ID on Radius accounting messages.
That is, even if we initially advertize the ID of the worker
handling the client as NAS-Port, the client may eventually end-up
being served by another process with different ID. In that case we make
sure that the radius server is notified on the next accounting message.
If you are using radius see doc/README.radius.md about NAS-Port, since
that behavior may cause issues in freeradius installations.
* ocserv: Added config option 'switch-to-tcp-timeout'. That allows an
automatic switch to TCP in case of no received UDP traffic for
* ocserv: Pre-load the OCSP response file; that way worker processes can
serve it, even if they have no access to it.
* ocserv: When compiled with GnuTLS 3.5.6 automatically set DH
parameters from the known set.
* Fri Feb 12 2016 email@example.com
- update version 0.10.11
* Corrected the reporting of keepalive to occtl.
* Handle clients which send the first request to /VPN
* Prevent a crash in per-user config dir is not available if
expose-iroutes is set to true.
- update license: GPL-2.0
- open ports using ocserv.SuSEfirewall
- enable ip forwarding using ocserv.sysctl
* Thu Jan 07 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update version 0.10.10
* Increase the number of log messages logged in the default level.
That is added messages that could be of use to administrators.
* Introduced ipv6-subnet-prefix config option. That option allows
to specify the IPv6 subnet prefix to be given to client. That is,
allow providing the clients networks larger than /128. The default
setting is 128 to keep backwards compatibility.
* Introduced the expose-iroutes config option. That option allows
the server to advertise routes offered by some clients to all of
them. This requires the config-per-user option.
* When a client has assigned iroutes which cannot be applied, he
will be denied access.
* Added restrict-user-to-routes configuration option which will
execute ocserv-fw script on user connection. The script will
set firewall rules which deny the user access to any other
networks than the routes set for the user. This is added as a
tech preview; details of this option may change on later releases.
* When banning IPv6 addresses treat a /64 network as a single address.
* Fixed conflict with isolate-workers and user-profile.
* occtl: Allow disabling the pager functionality on compile time
* Wed Oct 21 2015 email@example.com
- update version 0.10.9
* When compiled with GnuTLS 3.4 automatically sort the certificate
list to be imported
* Reload the CRL during periodic maintaince if its modification
* Address issue with duplicate check failing on IPv6 addresses
* Added the ability to specify a UsersFile in plain auth for using
This allows to use an OTP 2nd factor authentication without having
to rely on PAM. This change, also enables the usage of an empty
password field in the password file if an OTP file is present
* Allow loading DER-encoded CRLs
* Re-added the PAM accounting method. That accounting method can
be combined with any authentication method, and can be used to
check for a valid system account
- changes in 0.10.8
* Pass the proxy protocol information at earlier stage to main
process, to allow the correct information to be passed at the
connect script and occtl
* Added the IP_REAL_LOCAL environment variable to scripts. This
passes the local IP the client connected to
* The PAM accounting method was dropped as there was no practical
usage of it, the way it was implemented
* When assigning IPv6 addresses use the whole available netmask
* occtl: Print the local IP the client connected to, with the
* occtl: Print the configured for the client split-dns domains
- changes in 0.10.7
* Added a fuzzying factor to CPU intensive, or radius communication
tasks when initiated by worker process. That avoids a very
high load periodically, e.g., when multiple clients connect
at the same time
* Added support for haproxy's protocol v2 format. That allows
to report the correct client IP even on proxied sessions.
It introduces the configuration option listen-proxy-proto
* occtl: added -n/--no-pager option. That allows to disable
* occtl: fixed several cases of invalid JSON output
- changes in 0.10.6
* Transmit packets to the last incoming source, allowing faster
switch of the communication channel
* The worker processes will utilize the UDP socket address
(if any), when reporting peer's address if the listen-clear-file
option is set
* Lifted the limit on the number of configuration options. That
allows to add an "unlimited" number of 'route' options
* Support encrypted key files. That adds the key-pin and srk-pin
* The dbus communication option has been dropped
* Radius: depend on radcli radius library
* occtl: added -j/--json option. That allows to output in a
* Mon Jun 08 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- set isolated-workers to false since we didn't build w/ seccomp yet
- change systemd socket ports as well
* Sun Jun 07 2015 email@example.com
- update version 0.10.5
* Added tgt-freshness-time option for gssapi/Kerberos authentication
option. That allows to specify the maximum number of seconds after
which a reauthentication with Kerberos is required to login to VPN.
* main/sec-mod: impose long timeouts on reads from sec-mod. That
would prevent issues when reading in a blocked in authentication
* radius: When using radius accounting with certificate
authentication, properly notify of user session termination.
* radius: On definitely terminated sessions contact the radius server
as soon as possible. For sessions that can still be resumed the
radius server is contacted periodically after the cookies expire.
* radius: consider Acct-Interim-Interval when seen by the server.
That will be taken into account if groupconfig=true in radius
* Added configuration options persistent-cookies and session-timeout.
* radius: added support for Route-IPv6-Information,
Delegated-IPv6-Prefix, NAS-IPv6-Address, NAS-IP-Address,
* Corrected desync of main and sec-mod by introducing a synchronous
communication socket. Reported by Mani Behrouz.
* PAM: forward the actual prompt to worker process, and not only
- drop ocserv-str_init.patch, upstream fixed.
* Fri Feb 13 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- add user.tmpl, for certificate login
- tweak default config more
- add README.SUSE as setup instructions
* Mon Feb 02 2015 email@example.com
- initial version 0.9.0.1
* Added native support for radius. That adds the new auth
configuration option "radius", which has as parameters
the freeradius-client configuration file and optionally
the groupconfig option which instructs to read
configuration from radius; the stats-report-time option
enables interim-updates. That adds the dependency to
freeradius-client (see doc/README.radius).
* Reply using the same address that received UDP packets
* Simplify the input of IPv6 network addresses.
* Use a separate IPC and PID namespace in Linux systems
for worker processes. That effectively puts each worker
process in a separate container. This can be enabled at
compile time using --enable-linux-namespaces.
* Configuration option 'use-seccomp' was replaced by
'isolate-workers', which in addition to seccomp it enables
the Linux namespaces restrictions.
* Added support for stateless compression using LZ4 and LZS.
This is disabled by default.
- disable dbus interface because currently it provides less
function than unix socket
- add patch: ocserv-str_init.patch
- add patch: ocserv-enable-systemd.patch
- add patch: ocserv.config.patch