* Thu Apr 19 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.8.0:
* Switch to Meson.
* nemo-icon-view-grid-container.c: Add missing position shift
prior snapping a semi-positioned icon. This was causing the
free position check to potentially check the wrong grid spot,
causing shifting positions.
* nemo-icon-dnd.c: When calculating drop position, use the overall
canvas item's y centre, rather than just the icon's centre.
This is makes the final aligned position more closely match the
drag actor's apparent position.
* nemo-desktop-manager: Scale the window x and y positions, as
well as size when retrieving geometry from cinnamon.
* nemo-icon-dnd.c: Fix missing semicolon.
* nemo-icon-view-grid-container.c: Don't allow the vertical
adjustment to calculate out to more than half of the grid snap
height, this will cause grid checks to evaluate incorrectly.
* nemo-icon-container: Only mark (pseudo)-desktop icons as
transient if keep_align is active. This restores reasonable
behaviour for non-keep-aligned desktops, and prevents icon
movement when refreshing and during startup.
* Fix left pane in dual pane mode reverting to minimum width.
* Add g_return_val_if_fail to the beginning of reposition_paned.
* Rename Nemo icon from places to nemo.
* nemo-window.c: Listen for a position change on the split-view
paned widget when adding a new pane. When GtkPaned's position
property hasn't been explicitly set, it auto-adjusts to keep
* nemo-places-sidebar-.c: Get rid of old hack for the sidebar.
It was intended originally to make sure enough vertical height
was given to the scrolled container children in their various
states (collapsed categories). It does not appear to be
necessary any more, and now causes gtk theme issues.
* Add options to preview thumbnails for up to 16GB and 32GB.
* nemo-places-sidebar.c, nemo-action.c: Replace
g_drive_is_media_removable with g_drive_is_removable.
* nemo-window-slot.c: Remove padding from extra_location_widgets
* [gtk3.22] Pathbar style.
* Use symbolic icons.
* nemo-window: Check for an active slot when updating cursor.
* nemo-properties-window: Use utility functions if available.
* nemo-properties-window: Use gdk_pixbuf_scale_simple().
* eel-vfs-extensions: Update filename extensions.
* nemo-places-sidebar: Cleanup spacing.
* Fix sources: Use other version macro, fix fn call.
* actions: Fully support all system data paths, but respect the
install prefix for looking up fixed resources.
* Fix lmde3 build, don't build empty view by default.
* Fix thumbmails generation.
* nemo-file-operations: Revert a change that might be backfiring.
* nemo-view.c: Don't try to update undo menu items in a
* Fix open as root error.
* nemo-list-view.c: Don't clear the editable on focus-out, this
will get done properly when we chain up. We need to propagate
the focus-out-event signal, which the callback wasn't doing.
* Don't build/install gtkdocs by default
* nemo-icon-dnd.c: Fix segfault when dragging from nemo to
* search: Use newer GtkEntry method for focusing search box,
remove custom code.
* nemo-window-menus.c: Ignore "go home" shortcut on the desktop.
* nemo-view.c: Allow view display of files to commence even when
loading is ongoing, instead of waiting until files are entirely
* eel-editable-label.c: Don't queue a redraw on unrealised labels.
* nemo-icon-container.c: Don't perform relayouts on an unrealised
* nemo-list-view.c: Remove and re-add columns rather than moving
them. This prevents negative allocation warnings during the
* eel-canvas.c: Don't update the scroll region when clearing the
canvas to destroy it.
* query editor: Simplify, remove additional filters, just a
simple filename search.
* nemo-window.c: Go back to explicitly setting half the width for
the split-pane's position property, rather than counting on it
to fall that way naturally. The natural position can be
affected by sizing demands of the panes' children.
* search: Add a more convenient way for saving searches.
* nemo-file.c: Avoid recursion when updating symbolic links that
point to each other. See inline notes.
* nemo-file.c: Small fix and optimisation for 40dc6ae - return
the full link_file list as before if the target file is not a
link, and only check if the file is a link one time.
* libnemo-extension: Remove custom enum code for
NemoOperationResult - it's not necessary in modern builds due
* info provider extensions: Improvements to info provider
* nemo-query-editor.c: Add mnemonic to popup search keys for
* nemo-query-editor.c: Inhibit faves popup if the list is empty,
filter out typical keyboard modifiers during clicks on the
* nemo-desktop-application.c: Allow nemo-desktop to provide
coverage for the org.freedesktop.FileManager1 D-Bus interface.
* nemo-icon-view.c: Be more selective when updating the scroll
* refresh/reload: When reacting to a user-initiated view refresh,
regenerate any thumbnails as well.
* nemo-properties-window: Stop using stock buttons.
* prefs-window: Don't use stock buttons.
* menus: Convert most icons to symbolic versions.
* nemo-list-view.c: Re-apply right-click column handler when
reloading column settings (see inline notes, this only affects
certain Gtk versions.
* nemo-view.c: Add label to directory menu Cut and Copy.
* nemo-view.c: make mnemonics for Cut, Copy, Paste match Gtk's.
* Fix function argument order.
* Check for realized instead of mapped/visible to prevent
needless resize calculations (and associated warnings).
* nemo-file-management-properties: Fix 2px border width
surrounding content (see comments).
* Use symbolic icons for the places sidebar.
* places-sidebar.c: Use symbolic for eject button.
* More symbolic conversion.
* nemo-trash-monitor.c: Add a new path for the symbolic icon.
Our file views need a non-symbolic icon.
* More symbolic fixes, cleanup in pathbar.
* Missed a few trash icons.
* extensions: Show symbolic icons properly, hide the icon if it
is not a symbolic name.
* Add rubber-band selection to the list view.
* nemo-places-sidebar.c: Remove vertical padding for headers.
This is unnecessary, and looks bad when a theme has increased
spacing between all rows.
* go menu, bookmarks menu: Respect the menu-images setting.
* nemo-trash-monitor.c: Fix a copy-paste typo.
* nemo-icon-info.c: Stop using gtk_icon_theme_has_icon() - it
returns false negative when attempting to check for icons that
have been added using gtk_icon_theme_append_search_path().
This entire branch of functionality is considered "legacy" and
not recommended, but for dropbox emblems, where more than one
package may attempt to provide them, putting them in the
(recommended) hicolor icon folder won't work.
* Use media-mount icon for right-click action.
* Eject/unmount icon & new directory icon.
* Force UTF-8 to workaround build error.
* Fix some warnings.
* Sun Dec 24 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.6.5:
* nemo-desktop-manager.c: Add null checks for GErrors - it seems
as though g_dbus calls are not guaranteed to fill the error
* nemo-window: Restore inadvertantly removed menu actions for
view type selection (and their corresponding shortcuts), using
methods and practices more consistent with currently maintained
* Tue Nov 21 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.6.4:
* nemo-window: Restore initial synchronisation of view buttons.
This was inadvertantly removed in d237626 when getting rid of
some actual unused code related to an old way view types used
to be selected.
* Sat Nov 18 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.6.3:
* nemo-desktop-manager.c: Account for scale factor when using
cinnamon- supplied monitor info. Cinnamon runs at a scale
factor of 1 always, and things are scaled internally.
* dnd: Make sure to clear any source_fs pointers after dnd
* Sun Nov 12 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove the cinnamon-translations build requirement.
* Sat Oct 28 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.6.2 (changes since 3.4.7):
* actions: Escape single and double quotes that are part of a
file path. Add a "Terminal" key in the nemo_action file, to
execute the Exec line in a terminal window.
* actions: Update sample action for Terminal keyword, update
nemo_action sourceview files.
* actions: Only use nemo_launch_application_from_command_array()
when Terminal=true. This ensures compatibility with existing
actions, which will continue to use g_spawn_async().
* nemo-icon-info.h: Use standard icon sizes for the desktop.
* nemo-action.c: Fixup a few compiler warnings.
* nemo-icon-private.h: Avoid memory padding. Save a little memory
use by rearranging the fields to avoid memory padding in
* eel-editable-label.h: Avoid memory padding. Move fields in a
structure to avoid memory padding made padding explicit to
avoid warning messages if the padding compiler warnings are on.
* nemo-file-undo-operations.c: Use GQueue instead of GList for
our undo file pair lists.
* nemo-file-operations.c: Use g_remove for native (path-reachable)
files. Allowing the normal g_file_delete involves gvfs whether
the file is native or not.
* nemo.desktop: Remove DBusActivatable line - we don't actually
support it yet, it was an unnecessary change in ad5fcfc.
This ends up just causing issues with getting nemo to launch in
more up-to-date distributions.
* nemo-icon-container.c: Always treat desktop pseudo-files as
semi-placed icons - that is, they can have their positions
stored, then restored later, but their position can be adjusted
upon placement if their previously stored position is now
* nemo-progress-ui-handler.c: Use XAppGtkWindow for the progress
window, so we can pass progress info to Cinnamon.
* nemo-desktop-manager: Refactor and expand to integrate better
* plugin manager: Allow launching of an extension's config
application from the plugin window, rather than having it in
the main menu.
* desktop: Handle blank desktop windows properly during monitor
* nemo-desktop-manager.c: Don't just try to resize existing
desktops if the number of monitors has changed. In this case,
do a full re-layout.
* nemo-progress-ui-handler.c: Don't update the status icon if
it's not being shown.
* nemo-file-operations.c: Reduce progress ui update frequency
during file operations.
* Fix some warnings in libnemo-private
* nemo-desktop-manager.c: Don't run on_run_state_changed() during
the init phase when it's a fallback session as it can cause a
nasty recursion problem resulting in a crash.
* nemo-directory-async.c: Hold the directory alive for the
duration of an extension provider job, to ensure clean
termination to the job when asynchronous info providers are
* dbus services: Normalise file names.
* desktop: Don't show the "Show hidden files" menu item. We have
never show hidden files on the desktop, so having this is
* Add .rar and .7z to the archive mounting action.
* When activating files on the desktop (only), deselect them
after activating them.
* nemo-toolbar.c: Add an option to hide an elevated privileges
* Rename show-superuser-toolbar to show-root-warning.
* file: Let renames work on Google Drive Renaming. An item on
Google Drive does not change the actual GVfs path because the
path is made up of document-ids, which do not change.
A rename operation only affects the title of the entry.
In GIO terms, only the standard::display-name changes, but the
standard::name remains the same.
* file, file-undo-operations: Let renames on Google Drive be
undone. We really should be using standard::display-name when
renaming files - g_file_get_basename is simply not the right
thing to use. Moreover, in case of Google Drive, the URI might
not change with the display name and we can not get the old
display name from the old GFile.
* A send by mail action.
* Fix permissions on files/usr/share/nemo/actions/send-by-mail.py
* Update the man page.
* Update translations.
- Remove nemo-implicit-pointer-decl.patch,
nemo-void-return-no-return.patch: merged upstream.
* Sun Aug 20 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.4.7:
* eel_g_list_str_copy: Replace contents with g_list_copy_deep.
May improve performance somewhat for very high volume file
* nemo-main-application.c: Try to start as a service first, then
a client. This allows nemo to be started via dbus (which
requires it be run with the G_APPLICATION_IS_SERVICE flag) as
well as being able to connect to an already-running instance as
we can now.
* nemo-main-application.c: Re-add "no-desktop" command line
option. We don't use it anymore, but some programs apparently
hardcode nemo with this flag rather than use xdg-open or
mimetype activation. This allows them to continue working as
* nemo-view.c: Fix "follow link to original file" action when the
link is on the desktop. In these cases, we need to launch a
directory handler and pass it the full file name (which for
most file managers should open the folder and select the file).
* nemo-query-editor.c: Use a copy of the query text to check if
the query is empty (or all spaces). The function g_strstrip
modifies the string in-place, and passing the modified query
text causes issues when typing multiple words (separated by
spaces) in the query.
* Configure: Disable a tracker by default.
* nemo-desktop-icon-grid-view.c: Store layout timestamps any
time the layout is changed by a user action.
* Desktop: Remove metadata for pseudo-files on the desktop such
as Computer and Home when they're removed via preferences.
This simulates their deletion with respect to how metadata
timestamps are tracked and validated.
* nemo-icon-view-grid-container.c: Mark the sort as dirty any
time a file is added or removed (this determines whether and
when the sort direction indicator is shown in the context menu
when auto-arrange is not active.
* Sun Jul 09 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.4.6:
* nemo-icon-view-grid-container.c: Reset lazy flag when the icon
position is stored in auto-layout mode.
* nemo-file.c: Don't check for valid thumbnails if thumbnailing
* nemo-action.c: Use non-blocking checks for a directory.
* css: Treat NemoBlankDesktopWindow the same as NemoDesktopWindow
with regards to themes, add a couple fixes to our application
css to prevent background issues with certain themes
* move-to/copy-to dialogs: Allow remote locations in the sidebar.
* Wed Jun 28 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.4.5:
* search (ctrl-f): Don't search for an empty string.
If the user wants to search for every file, one can use the
* nemo-application: Only check/create the config directory at
startup for nemo, and have nemo-desktop check both config and
* nemo-window-menus.c: Fix control-n (new window) action callback
when used from the desktop process - it should launch the
preferred file manager instead of attempting to spawn a window
* configure.ac: Suppress deprecated warnings.
* Add --enable-silent-rules to debian/rules, quiet C89 warnings.
* l10n: Generate desktop files.
* Mon Jun 26 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.4.4:
* nemo-icon-view-grid-container.c: Skip default placement if we
are in auto-layout mode. We get false lazy flags on new icons
since the original desktop did not use auto-layout. We need to
handle this because we both store layout timestamps and provide
* nemo-window-slot.c: Initialise cache_bar to NULL, this is
checked for in nemo-window-manage-views
* Wed Jun 21 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.4.3:
* Remove decoration from desktop window (shows in weston).
* Desktop: Relax control of positioning for placed icons.
At startup, they are loaded and set to their stored position,
but not force-aligned, allowing the layout to ignore
fluctuations in the work area during system startup.
Fix some logic around "orphan" icons as well to prevent issues
with icons not being shown due to being falsely classified as
* icon container: Be more specific about when to flag icons
coming from a different monitor due to a desktop configuration
* metadata: Add back cached position values in NemoFile.
Be sure to clear the timestamp metadata on files being
moved/copied to or from the desktop. This ensures the lazy flag
operates correctly. With the desktop becoming a separate
process, transfers that include position info need to be
handled slightly differently, as the old way of just setting
metadata and reacting to it from a new container won't work -
the file gets debuted in the other process sooner than (or not
reliably after, at least) the metadata is written, resulting in
* Add gvfs-info action for inspecting file metadata (for purposes
of debugging) - right-click a file and it will send gvfs-info
output on that file to stdout.
* nemo-icon-view-grid-container.c: Improve updates after
* Wed May 24 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.4.2:
* nemo-icon-container.c: don't force a native window for the
desktop - fixes prelight hover sticking on the desktop when
leaving an icon to pass into another window.
* nemo-icon-view-grid-container: Don't show bracketed empty
spots, it's tacky.
* nemo-main.c: Remove back end requirement (only needed for the
* icon view/desktop: Fix hidpi scaling on the desktop.
This also fixes compact view mode in hidpi, which was
semi-broken since hidpi was implemented, and very broken since
the desktop grid was added.
* nemo-icon-dnd.c: Depopulate the dnd grid of the selected icons
so insertion marks aren't drawn in the icon's source position.
* nemo-window-manager-views.c: Simply close the window if the
current view has no backward history, instead of jumping home
or to the parent directory. The most common time for this to
occur is a directory opened from the desktop - if you delete
that directory, the window showing it then shows the desktop in
a directory, which doesn't make much sense.
* nemo-window-manage-views.c: Invalidate file info before
reloading the view, not after.
This fixes mount permissions being incorrect.
* dnd: Restore capability of "moving" files from and to the
desktop via drag'n'drop.
* Fetch file-roller mimetype info from a GDesktopAppInfo at
startup, instead of a static (and woefully out of date) list.
* nemo-file.c: Add EFAULT as a valid exception to the access_ok
function. This can throw when the file has just been moved or
is in the midst of being moved and the internal asynch updates
have not completed yet (usually during a fairly large transfer).
As a result, the icon cache problem bar appears needlessly.
* desktop: Size thumbnails more appropriately - scale them to our
icon size in height only, and allow the width to increase as
much as our max text width while maintaining the image aspect
* desktop thumbnails: Pad the thumbnail height when it ends up
smaller than the desired height due to aspect ratio and width
This ensures a nice alignment when keep-aligned is active.
* nemo-icon-view-grid-container.c: Highlight the current dnd
rectangle in debug mode.
* desktop grid: Use the layout size for determining constraint to
the canvas bounds instead of max size - this prevents files
with very long names from being pushed out of the grid alignment.
* misc: Clean up minor leaks, other issues.
* desktop grid: Include additional text (Icon Captions) in
calculations for the ellipsis limit, and update the desktop
when these change - instead of forcing the user to reload or
restart to see changes.
* nemo-style-application: Remove drop shadow from the selection
and pre-light states of desktop icons. The shadows are drawn
outside the calculated bounds of these items, and are
problematic to account for without doing frequent full screen
* DnD: Draw the highlight box around the entire text when an item
is prelit and highlighted as a drop target. The highlight box
was only drawing as if to surround only the normal, ellipsised
text, rather than the full, unellipsised height.
* Set a default font for the desktop - this is overridden by
distributions in most cases, but having something is better
than leaving it blank - you could set it to "Foo Sans 15"
and it would still show the labels, even though you lack that
* Add a default to our theme - Using the default font was always
supposed to be a fallback option, however the check in various
places for whether the gsettings key is empty or not is incorrect:
GSettings::get_string() will always return a string, never
NULL, so we need to check if the string is not empty instead
* desktop: Fix missing icons when "show orphans" is disabled
(we were incorrectly interpreting a monitor number of -1 (which
means, no previous location) and a missing monitor).
* Fix visual sort function - sort function was incorrect for the
new grid, and the new order was never set after a sort when
running the alignment routine.
* nemo-places-sidebar: Use folder-recents for the recent icon.
* grid view: Don't re-enable auto-arrange when changing zoom
* Desktop dnd - Use more sensible behaviour when keep-aligned is
* Fix dnd for netscape url drops.
* nemo-mime-actions.c: Don't fail for non-local links (like
dragged website links) - the check here is for the foreign url,
not the local desktop file (link), so it will never succeed,
and is not necessary.
* DnD: Fix some positioning issues with auto-align local moves,
and non-local icon moves (like nemo->nemo-desktop transfers).
* nemo-icon-view-grid-container.c: Keep the icon list synched
with the visual order of the desktop.
* dnd: Split out some container-specific code that had bled over a
* Modify desktop icon order.
* nemo-file-operations.c: store the desktop location during a
duplicate job, to fix DnD duplicate positioning on the desktop.
* Sun May 07 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.4.1 (changes since 3.2.2):
* Nemo-Icon-View: Fix missing cast warning.
* restore prototype lost in Nemo 3.2.0.
* Add a missing include.
* Fix quirks with tabs and search widgets.
* Don't reload while a reload is ongoing.
* Wildcard search for search-engine-simple.
* Fix a crash when attempting to delete an empty selection on
* Update polkit pkexec support.
* Fix search never resolving.
* nemo-dbus-manager.c: Add MoveURIs method.
* Improve date display.
* Use 24-hour date format when requested.
* Translate date formats.
* nautilus-file: Implement smarter dates.
* nautilus-list-view: Add a modified column with time.
* nautilus-file: Clarify translators comments.
* nautilus-file: Fix a memory leak.
* nautilus-file: Fix code style.
* Mark time format with xgettext:no-c-format.
* file: Fix date string day difference calculation.
* Use long day and month names if space allows.
* Make libselinux dependency controllable by configure switch.
* Raise tracker version.
* autogen.sh: Don't run aclocal.
* location-bar: Use a GFile in location-changed signal.
* l10n: Generate desktop file via generate_aditional_file.
* Add Cinnamon panel shortcuts (trash, computer, etc.) to the
* Fix compiler warnings in the eel/ directory.
* nemo-desktop-window, nemo-blank-desktop-window: Clean
delete-event handling up.
* window: Make NemoWindow a GtkApplicationWindow.
* nemo-file-operations.c: Use only template filenames for new
* nemo-navigation-action.c: Add new_tab_action.
* configure.ac: Remove CFLAGS line - the optimisation is
dangerous, and the fatal warnings for unused stuff was just
annoying when trying to refactor - warnings are enough.
* Use GTimer for tracking startup speed, and also use one to
track view loads.
* nemo-view.c: Add idle timer for benchmarking.
* Split off desktop handling into new process.
* Split off old icon container into the existing subclass
NemoIconViewContainer and set up a new subclass -
NemoIconViewGridContainer to match with a new
NemoDesktopIconGridView class. The old style is accessible via
the org.nemo.desktop 'use-desktop-grid' setting.
* Fix autostart file name so cinnamon session doesn't fail.
* Remove a bunch of comments, fix auto-layout not sticking.
* nemo-icon-container: Move debug drawing to the grid container
subclass. Trigger it using NEMO_DEBUG=Desktop when running
* Implement horizontal layout.
* General fixes, icons, metadata issues between monitors. Provide
per-monitor metadata for desktop containers.
* Improve DND during keep-aligned, allow for insertion of items.
Implement zoom scaling and allow adjustment.
* Improve highlighting of hovered items
* Fix desktop folder launching - xdg-open was never intended to be
the final answer.
* Fix ellipses change listening - the is_desktop flag was being
set too late in the view construction process to connect to the
correct gsettings key.
* Fix regression causing metadata to be inconsistent in nemo
client window when navigating to and away from the Desktop
* Add some gsettings listeners for grid stuff.
* Fix dnd between monitors - clamp grid values, and ensure we
have a grid on the target monitor.
* Fix zoom switching, dnd placement, snapping.
* nemo-desktop-utils.c: Improve how we store the monitor number
for a desktop window.
* Use black instead of theme colour for pre-light label
* nemo-icon-canvas-item.c: Extend redraw area slightly for canvas
items. This ensures any small shadow we have is cleaned up
after an item is de-selected.
* nemo-desktop-icon-grid-view.c: Don't trigger a real update
while updating menus.
* Disable zoom for the desktop window (allow it only via context
* nemo-desktop-application: Clean some commented lines up.
* Fix desktop file error (gh#linuxmint#nemo#1477).
* nemo-navigation-action.c: Extend, Fix Middle-Click
* l10n: Update POT file.
- Rebase nemo-void-return-no-return.patch.
* Thu Dec 15 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.2.2 (changes since 3.2.0):
* Add missing "Desktop" DEBUG flag.
* Add space to Name[en_GB].
* file-operations: Don't recurse for trash operations.
* Force X11 backend.
* Remove screen metadata (we only ever have one screen).
* nemo-file-operations.c: Don't update position metadata on most
file operations - it's costly, and can cause lockups.
* l10n: Generate additional files.
* Tue Nov 08 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.2.0:
* Migrate away from gnome-common deprecated vars and macros.
* Fix GCC pointer signedness warnings.
* Add a .view style class on the icon view scrolled window.
* window: Remove a custom get_preferred_width/height implementation.
We already take care of the default size when we create the
window, and these only break assumptions of the default
* pathbar: Avoid GTK+ warnings.
* pathbar: Remove a hardcoded width for sliders.
* Close an open_as_root child on child exit.
* nemo-context-menu-menu-item.c: Use correct grammar in the
context menu toggle.
* Fix a GTK+ 3.21.3+ desktop redraw issue (gh#linuxmint/nemo#1231).
* Replace a deprecated gtk_icon_info_free() with g_object_unref().
* file-operations: Reduce the time for reliable transfer rate.
* Remove a 'Show text in icon' preference.
* nemo-view.c: Unescape uris being passed to file-roller during
drag-and-drop (replaces %20 with spaces).
* Expand grid width to canvas.
* Minimum of one column.
* Update nemo-file.c.
* trash-monitor: Change trash monitoring process.
* Fix --geometry option when Nemo is already running.
* Keep warnings as warnings when building the packages.
* nemo-window.c: Save sidebar width 100ms after last change.
* nemo-application.c: Fix maximised window state preservation.
* Remove conditional ellipsis code for GTK+ < 3.12.0 builds.
* Bind double left click on blank to go to parent directory.
* Add an option to manage double cick in blank area (off by
default) because it changes previous behaviour.
* nemo-file.c: Only append .desktop to desktop files when they
actually need it. Trusted desktop files (ones that typically
get made and placed on the desktop) don't show their extension,
so when you try to rename them, the new name needs .desktop
appended to it.
* nemo-file-management-properties.glade: Improve the description
of the click-to-rename feature.
* nemo-thumbnails.c: Don't set a stack size.
* nemo-application.c: Look for already-existing desktop windows
before attempting to manage the desktop.
* desktop: Don't rebuild the desktop any time _NET_WORKAREA
changes - this can happen fairly frequently in some situations,
causing crashes due to the asynchronous nature of nemo's
directory loading back-end.
* eel-gnome-extensions.c: Use preferred terminal emulator when
using "Run in terminal" to execute something.
* nemo-desktop-manager.c: Run layout_changed when the widget
scale factor changes.
* file-undo-operations: Change trashed files matching condition.
* icon view: Use the correct container size for applying margins
to the icon container. Also, make sure icon data is fully
loaded before positioning items - desktop pseudo-items don't
necessarily have the correct bounding boxes defined by the time
layout occurs. Load this data just before trying to position
the icon, rather than just after.
* nemo-desktop-utils: Adjustments for Gtk 3.22 changes in monitor
management. gdk_screen_get_monitor_workarea() no longer returns
a valid workarea, it simply returns the geometry.
* nemo-desktop-manager.c: Reload the desktop in an idle callback.
* nemo-application.c: Add a whitelist for ignoring existing
desktop handlers by WM_CLASS match. By default 'conky' is in
- Remove nemo-fix-desktop-redraw.patch: fixed upstream.
- Move gtk-doc to the devel package.
- Update nemo-implicit-pointer-decl.patch and
* Tue Sep 27 2016 email@example.com
- Add nemo-fix-desktop-redraw.patch from upstream commit 4e5a103:
fix a GTK+ 3.21.3+ desktop (boo#1001431, gh#linuxmint/nemo#1231).
* Thu Jun 23 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.0.6:
* Generate action files manually (as opposed to during the build).
* nemo-desktop-utils.c: return 0 for monitor index if a widget
isn't realised (this can happen during configuration changes
and during session startup).
* nemo-desktop-icon-view.c: Disconnect from the same gsettings
instance we connected to.
* nemo-desktop-manager, nemo-application: Fix some cleanup
issues - disconnect from the correct objects when disposing of
the desktop manager, and destroy the desktop manager earlier
in Nemo's destruction so there are no issues freeing the
* notebook: Remove unused ifdef code.
* nemo-list-view.c: Detach the column header menu from metadata
when setting it up. Use the actual view's layout instead. When
reacting to visible columns being changed, simplify things by
iterating through the treeview column to build a new metadata
* nemo-list-view.c: Don't show trash-specific columns in the
* list view: Make changes to the search results view persistent.
gvfs can't save metadata for the search 'folder' so we store it
* eel-canvas.c: Fix touchscreen selection in icon views.
* Wed Jun 01 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.0.5 (changes since 3.0.3):
* Add standard settings for EelEditableLabel.
* Build-require cinnamon-translations.
* Use g_hash_table_remove_all and get rid of some callbacks.
* Tue May 24 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.0.3:
* nemo-places-sidebar.c: When gtk overlay scrolling is in effect,
add some padding right of the sidebar eject icons, otherwise
they are covered by the scrollbar when it pops up.
* Update pot file.
* Sat May 21 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.0.2:
* Fix build.
* Fix action i18n scripts to write UTF-8.
* nemo-icon-view: Include nemo-application.h needed in
nemo_icon_view_add_file for: nemo_application_set_cache_flag,
* nemo-pathbar: Use gint for slider_width instead of gint16
silences an incorrect pointer type warning.
* nemo-list-view.c: Don't explicitly unref columns anymore ?
they'll get handled when the tree view is destroyed.
* nemo-icon-container.c: Re-enable desktop type-to-select feature.
Also make a couple fixes on the positioning logic for this
little popup. Where possible, it will avoid overlapping panels.
* desktop windows: Maximise instead of relying on gdk for monitor
workarea ? it's inaccurate for anything but the primary monitor.
* nemo-icon-container.c: Special case desktop windows for search
popup ? now that we can rely on the window being the correct
size to account for panels, we can reliably position this popup
off of those panels.
* prefs: Don't try to hardcode a minimum size for the
* Use g_themed_icon_new instead of
* nemo-window.c: As of 9cb9c48 we maximise the desktop
containers to make sure they use the correct work area as set
by muffin. This started causing the window state 'maximized'
key to be set to true when opening a new nemo window.
This corrects that issue, using disable_chrome as an indicator
to ignore the window ? only the desktop windows set this true.