* Sun Jan 15 2017 email@example.com
- update to 3.2.6:
* If a recursive download operation is also requested with delete mode,
attempt to remove empty directories after all files have completed
* No longer trying to utime() after every single block on downloads,
which could cause noticable performance degradation when the local
filesystem was not local.
* Changed behavior of resuming downloads where the timestamp wasn't
preserved (because of the utime change, above). The new behavior is
to resume the download when the local copy has a recent timestamp
(less than a week).
* You can now disable use of MFMT like you could similarly disable
SITE UTIME (e.g., "-o noMFMT" and "-o noSITE_UTIME").
* Now able to use sendfile() for uploads, on Linux/FreeBSD/Mac.
Progress reports work too, with a small performance penalty.
Ncftpput has a "-s" option to toggle whether it is used (defaults
to on in ncftpput and ncftpbatch, off in ncftp).
* Ncftpbatch/spooler now use larger buffers for pathnames, allowing
for deeper directory trees.
* Ncftpbatch/spooler now interpret a received SIGUSR1 as a hint to
exit when the current file has finished.
* Ncftpbatch/spooler now interpret a received SIGUSR2 to request it
to stop sleeping and recheck the queue immediately.
* Ncftpbatch/spooler's spool files now allow for you to specify that
the local and/or remote file be renamed after a successful transfer.
* Ncftpbatch/spooler now a little less chatty by reducing the number
of PWD/CWD operations.
* Ncftpbatch/spooler now log some xfer stats in its general log file,
and ncftpspooler has a new "-x" option to specify a separate
xfer log file.
* Ncftpbatch/spooler now use a larger default maximum for its log
file (10 MiB rather than 200 kB), and ncftpspooler has an -O command
line option that can set this limit. Use "-O 0" for no maximum.
* Ncftpbatch/spooler now try to present time in local timezone rather
than UTC where possible.
* Ncftpbatch/spooler now support multiple items per transaction
* Tue Jun 02 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cleanup spec file with spec-cleaner
* Tue Feb 18 2014 email@example.com
- update to 3.2.5
+ ncftpls now prefers that you omit the leading dash when you use the -x
option. For example, if you wanted to try "ls -lrt", then try doing
"ncftpls -x lrt" rather than "ncftpls -x -lrt".
+ If a server's MLSx output returns both the "UNIX.mode" and the "perm"
parameters, UNIX.mode will take precedence
+ confirm-close is now off by default.
- license is the Clarified Artistic License
- use correct line endings for documentation
- remove __DATE__ from binary added patches:
- use source URLs
* Fri Aug 27 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 3.2.4
* Fixed a bug in Ncftpget/put/ls which could ignore the username (-u)
and password (-p) command line parameters.
* Ncftpget and ncftpput can now read $HOME/.ncftp/bookmarks and take a
bookmark name in place of a hostname.
* Support for local validation of DNSSEC when combined with libraries
available from the DNSSEC Tools project (Thanks, Robert Story).
* Microsoft disabled recursive directory listings altogether when fixing
* Wed Aug 05 2009 email@example.com
- reduce buildrequires to ncurses-devel
* Thu Jul 30 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 3.2.3:
* Large File Support has been updated internally to use newer
APIs, rather than the transitional API
* you can now specify an IP address for binding the local end
* bug fixed where binding an ephemeral port number in a
specified range (rare) may not have used all available
retries for binding
* local writes now "retry" when the write returns less than the
full number of bytes specified, and will call write() again
to write out the remaining bytes.
* fixed a bug where the global firewall pref files were not
read if the user's home directory was the root directory
* using MFMT command to set remote timestamps, if available, in
preference to SITE UTIME or MDTM
* host, user, and pass fields have been increased in size
* bug fixed where the firewall preference files were ignored
for the root user
* Ncftpls now has a "-Z" option that will disable doing the
actual directory listing; this is useful for use with the
"-Y" option to send a raw FTP command without doing a listing
- added missing BuildRequires in spec file
- dropped ncftp-3.2.0-mkdir_parents.diff, merged upstream
* Mon Sep 08 2008 email@example.com
- Update to 3.2.2
* Fixed an assertion failure in NcFTP's "help" command
* PASV mode will now be retried, in case of a transient failure.
* Fixed feature detection for WS_FTP servers.
* HOME, END, and DEL keys may work on more terminal types
* You can now type just ".." or the absolute path of a directory
* Added command aliases "mv" and "ll" which alias to "rename"
* ncftpbatch now has an -L option to specify the name of a
* The default connect timeout has been reduced from 30 to 10
* Mon Aug 13 2007 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update ncftp to 3.2.1 [#299587]
- Now a little more tolerant of FTP servers who send their internal network IP addresses in their PASV response. When thi
- Resuming of uploads can now work for servers that do not support REST + STOR. The APPE command will be used instead.
- Fixed problem with Resume All [R!] in ncftp, which was just appending to subsequent files rather than resuming them. (Thanks, Terry Brown)
- ncftpput for version 3.2.0 did not work correctly when both -f and -c/-C were used
- Various small fixes.
* Tue Sep 12 2006 email@example.com
- Update to 3.2.0 including:
o Makefile fixes (obsoletes ncftp-3.1.8-DESTDIR.diff)
o Makefile fix (ncftp-3.2.0-mkdir_parents.diff)
o ncftpls can now try to attempt to filter the files with a wildcard
with the new -i option.
o ncftpls can also now behave similar to /usr/bin/find, with the new -g
option. When invoked with -gg, it appends a slash to directory pathnames
so you can distinguish files from directories.
o Fixed a problem with ASCII translation where a CR+LF may not have
been converted to the local text EOLN format if the CR+LF was split
over an internal block boundary.
o You can now edit remote files.
o Progress meters now output to stderr.
o You can now resume uploads when uploading into a temporary file
o Fixes for Cygwin.
o Some fixes for largefile support on Windows.
o You can now resume transfers in ASCII mode, rather than just binary.
o Fixed a problem with recursive uploads for Windows.
o You can now use an empty password if your user account does not have
o Fixed a problem in the "ls" implementation for international
o Fixed a bug where Type of Service socket options were being set
with IPPROTO_TCP instead of IPPROTO_IP.
* Wed Jan 25 2006 firstname.lastname@example.org
- converted neededforbuild to BuildRequires
* Fri Jan 20 2006 email@example.com
- Don't strip binaries.
* Fri Sep 23 2005 firstname.lastname@example.org
- fix implicit declaration
* Thu Jul 21 2005 email@example.com
- Update to 3.1.9 including:
o Renamed internal libraru function getline() to gl_getline()
to avoid namespace collision with glibc.
o Recognize additional error response codes to SITE UTIME, to
prevent using it if the server doesn't support it.
o If the server does not support setting timestamps in MDTM,
quit trying it if it fails the first time.
o Do not allow control characters such as NUL, CR, LF in FTP
URLs, to avoid command injection
o Fixed a problem where a timed-out transfer may have been
detected but still locked up the process
o ncftpget and ncftpput now accept a "-C" parameter which is
similar to the "-c" option (ftp "cat" mode), where stdin
(stdout) is not used and the filename is specified as a
parameter instead. This is useful if you don't want to
specify a password on the command line.
o ncftpput now allows the "-m" option in conjunction with the
"-c" or "-C" options.
* Wed Aug 11 2004 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 3.1.8 including:
o Ncftpget, ncftpput, and ncftpls now try to erase the
arguments to the -u/-p/-j (user, password, account) options
so they do not show in a "ps" command
o Recognize broken IBM mainframe FTP servers and work around them.
o Working around a problem with ProFTPD 1.2.9 and later which
would cause recursive downloads to fail.
o Fixed a bug where ncftpput in recursive mode could lock up if
you used a trailing slash on the directory to upload.
o For the malicious server problem that was addressed in 3.1.5,
enhanced the fix for better compatibility with mainframe FTP
o Ncftpget, ncftpput, and ncftpls, and ncftp's open command now
accept an additional advanced option (-o) which lets you do
things like disable NcFTP's use of SITE UTIME, FEAT, HELP
o A couple of looping problems with ncftpbatch fixed.
o Bug fixed with the upload socket buffer not being set
o The utility programs now accept "-" for the config file name
used with "-f" to denote standard input.
o Bug fixed with ncftpput when using both -c and -A
* Wed Feb 04 2004 email@example.com
- Update to 3.1.7 including:
o Fixed a memory leak introduced in 3.1.6.
o Fixed problem where it was assumed that daylight saving's
time occurred at the same time each year for all timezones.
o Bug fixed with running a shell escape.
o Ncftpget now uses passive-with-fall-back-to-port mode like
ncftpput and ncftpls.
o Problem fixed with "ls -a" where occasionally a row with
".." and another file would be omitted.
o Ncftpbatch now uses the UTC timezone for spool files.
o The configure script can now detect when the config.cache
file has been improperly recycled from a machine with a
o The Windows version now uses the USERPROFILE environment
variable, if it was set, as the location of the user's home
o Recognize broken DG/UX servers and work around them.
* Thu Oct 16 2003 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don't build as root
- Update to 3.1.6 including:
o Fixed an important bug that was causing socket leaks on Windows.
o Added support for GCC 3.4 precompiled headers.
o Aborting transfers is now more robust.
o Re-fixed a problem where high ASCII characters at the NcFTP
prompt could cause it to exit.
o Bug fixed where timeouts may not have worked.
o To the improved ASCII handling from 3.1.5, added another case
where we workaround files sent by a buggy FTP server
implementation whose files have CR+CR+LF end-of-lines.
o Bug fixed where an upload filename could have been limited to
o Firewall exception hosts are no longer case sensitive.
o Bug fixed in ncftpput's "-c" option so it works with the "-f"
o Ncftpbatch will now try to temporarily skip a failing host in
the current run
o Bug fixed where a several minute delay would be incurred if
you tried to transfer a file that did not exist.
o For the malicious server problem that was addressed in 3.1.5,
enhanced the fix for better compatibility with Serv-U and WS_FTP
* Thu Nov 14 2002 email@example.com
- Update to 3.1.5, mainly bugfix release
* Tue Sep 17 2002 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Removed bogus self-provides
* Wed May 15 2002 email@example.com
- Update to 3.1.3, several impovements and bugfixes
* Thu Apr 18 2002 firstname.lastname@example.org
- fixed to build