* Fri Jan 05 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.16.2:
* Make the test suite less chatty
* Various build system improvements
* Fixes to the systemd unit to make it work again with recent
* Point to the nbd mailinglist, rather than to the maintainer's
personal email address, for bug reports.
* Thu Nov 23 2017 email@example.com
- Replace references to /var/adm/fillup-templates with new
%_fillupdir macro (boo#1069468)
* Fri Oct 13 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disable restart on update to keep existing client connections alive
* Thu Sep 07 2017 email@example.com
- Add nbd-client.service which will provide a nbd@.service to
allow other units to require a firstname.lastname@example.org if /etc/nbdtab
is configured accordingly
* Thu Jun 08 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.16.1:
* Only change is a minor bugfix from 3.16, so that
- -enable-syslog is unbroken.
- Changes for version 3.16.0:
* Implement the NBD_OPT_GO and NBD_OPT_INFO negotiation options
in both the client and the server, and use them in preference
over NBD_OPT_EXPORT_NAME (but fall back to the latter in case
the serverdoesn't support NBD_OPT_GO).
* Make sure we still run the postrun command, even if the
connection was closed improperly.
* Add a new "waitfile" parameter.
* Make sure that nbd compiles on non-Linux platforms again, in
the face of all variants of the GnuTLS options.
* Various fixes for issues found by Coverity
* Fri Mar 24 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.15.2:
* Fix the copyonwrite situation with multiple threads. This has
been broken since nbd 3.12, where multiple outstanding writes
could corrupt the copyonwrite diff file.
* Build system improvements so that things work again if
nbd-client isn't buildable while GnuTLS is enabled
* Documentation updates
* Fixes to the GnuTLS usage, and the ability to configure the
priority string for that library
- Changes for version 3.15.1:
* minor but crucial fix in the handling of the WRITE_ZEROES
command, which would otherwise not work in cooperation with
- Changes for version 3.15.0:
* Implement NBD_CMD_WRITE_ZEROES, for efficiently writing large
numbers of zeroes (server side implementation only)
* (optional) support for NBD_OPT_STARTTLS, using GnuTLS.
* Support for multiplexing commands over multiple connections,
for improving performance (requires Linux 4.10 or above).
* Support for using splice(), also for improving performance
* Protocol errors during negotiation now are accompanied by a
human-readable error string.
* Fix the handling of maxconnections, so that it is not a global
setting (over all exports) but rather a per-export setting.
* Fix handling of unknown options sent to the server. Previously
we would desync from the protocol, causing another error and a
* Produce a log message when the address family of the client
socket does not match the expected address family in the
authfile handling. A proper fix would convert IPv4 sockets to
v6-mapped v4 sockets, but that's much more complicated.
* and various other minor fixes too small to mention here; see
- Changes for version 3.14.0:
* Major review of doc/proto.md, with many clarifications.
* Some bug fixes for nbd-server that were discovered during the
extensive updates to proto.md
* Some fixes for non-Linux platforms,
* Some minor incremental improvements to the new nbdtab
* Fix the way we tell the kernel about really small exports,
* Removal of references to the no longer supported oldstyle from
* Minor updates, clarifications, and syntax fixes for man pages
and other documentation
* Addition of a systemd unit file for nbd-client. This requires a
kernel which issues change events upon disconnect
(commit 37091fdd83), and a udev which correctly sets
- Drop init.nbd-server and support for non systemd distributions
- Drop patches:
* nbd-2.9.25-close.diff (upstreamed)
* nbd-2.9.25-doxyfile.diff (no longer needed)
- Do not build doc subpackage
* Mon Feb 08 2016 email@example.com
- autoload nbd module
* Fri Feb 05 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- nbd-server.service: implement reload
* Sat Jan 23 2016 email@example.com
- Update to 3.13
* This is mainly a bugfix release, containing fixes found in
3.12.1 by compiling on different architectures, submitting the
build to Coverity Scan, and some analysis of intermittent
failures that found a race condition.
* Tue Dec 01 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.12.1
* ensures the source to the "nbdtab" man page is correctly shipped
with the rest of the source.
- Changes from version 3.12
* inetd mode should work again, now using the default export name
in the newstyle protocol
* when specifying an export on the server command line or not specifying
a name on a client command line, the newstyle protocol is used with
the default export name (but a warning will be produced stating
that oldstyle is no longer supported)
* All traces of oldstyle (except a few error messages) have been
* We now listen on IPv4 and IPv6 by default, regardless of what
the system's configuration is like, by explicitly listening both
on 0.0.0.0 and ::.
* Some bugs in the handling of the TRIM command have been removed
* nbd *client now uses readit() in the negotiation, rather than
plain non *retrying read().
* It is now possible to listen on multiple addresses; the
"listenaddr" parameter has been changed into a comma *separated
list of addresses to listen on
* nbd *client now supports an nbdtab file, which allows connecting
a device by just using the device name
* nbd *server now uses a GThreadPool to implement asynchronous handling
* Punching holes on files is now supported on cygwin, too.
- Remove no-return-nonvoid.patch; fixed on upstream release
* Thu May 28 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 3.11
* nbd-server: fix unsafe signal handling
* define error values as part of the protocol
* docs/proto: clarify NBD_CMD_FLUSH
- Drop nbd_signaling_CVE-2015-0847.patch as fix is included in
* Mon May 11 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix CVE-2015-0847
* Fri Apr 17 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 3.10
* There really is only one change since 3.9: drop of the
"oldstyle" support from nbd-server and nbd-client.
* Thu Mar 05 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cleanup spec-file with spec-cleaner
- Do not generate config.example from README
* add config.example as source
- Add unit file (nbd-server.service)
- Add sysconfig template (nbd-server.sysconfig)
- Add no-return-nonvoid.patch
- Update requirements
- Update to 3.9
* AF_UNIX support
* Fixed test suite on non-GNU getopt() implementations
* New "treefiles" mode, which exports a gazillion of page-sized
files; useful for exporting things which are stored on an
SSHFS or amazon AWS (trough FUSE) or similar, where every
write causes an upload to the backend storage
* New "cowdir" option, allowing to specify where copy-on-write
files are written.
* Minor changes so that nbd-client can now also be compiled for
the Android platform. This required removal of the -swap
command line option, which requires the mlockall() system
call, unavailable on Android.
* Protocol update: a reserved bit is used to avoid sending
the 124 bytes of useless data at the beginning of the
negotiation. The change is implemented so that things will
still work with clients not supporting this option, however.
* gznbd is now built by the same build system, rather than
a separate one. Note however that gznbd is still
unmaintained; it should be considered a "contrib" feature.
* "nbd-server -V" will now output the nbd-server version number.
* Various fixes found through Coverity and the clang static
analyzer, and lots of other minor things too small to
* Sun Nov 09 2014 Led <email@example.com>
- fix bashisms in pre script
* Thu Apr 18 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 3.3:
* and various bugfixes, upgrading is strongly recommended
* Fix various nbd-server misbehave bugs
* Tue Jul 10 2012 email@example.com
- Fix restart_on_update usage.
* Fri May 18 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to nbd-3.1
* minor bug fixes
* new feature: ability for the client to list the exports a server
* Wed Feb 29 2012 email@example.com
- Update to nbd-3.0
* minor bug fixes
- removed obsolete nbd-2.9.25-have_falloc_ph.diff
- compile with -fno-strict-aliasing to prevent breakage with new gcc
* Thu Jan 05 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to nbd-2.9.25
* TRIM now uses FALLOC_FL_PUNCH_HOLE
* minor bug fixes
- removed obsolete nbd-2.9.20-bigendian.diff
- refreshed nbd-2.9.20-close.diff