- Update to version 2.9 * Multiple viewing modes, including new stats and rate/bytes view. See help text for details. * Another presentation view, show rate/bytes + plotter. * Update plotter on timer, not input, we want to see the gaps. * Change style of headings from top style to pimctl/mroutectl style. * Improved viewing modes and plotter characters for dupes/delay/etc. * Improved column sizing for better use of whitespace in narrow ttys. * Show stats on exit. * Support for scrolling log up/down with PgUp/PgDn. * Support for displaying uptime, also shown on exit. * Support for generating duplicate frames, for testing purposes. * Support for toggling debug logs at runtime.
- Update to version 2.8 * Detect a default interface even on systems without default route. * Support Ctrl-L to refresh a garbled display. * Support for a deadline timeout -W sec. * Support for redirecting output to a log file e.g. "mcjoin -l debug > file". * Document reverse path filtering in Linux. * Document how to test with older IGMP versions in Linux. * Fix resize glitch in plotter (new event based framework). * Fix TTY restore on abort or abnormal exit. * Fully restore support for old output, "-o".
- Update to version 2.7 * New user interface, inspired by mtr. Easier to track multiple streams and spot gaps in real-time. * Adjust ulimit so we can open enough sockets to send/receive multicast. * Support for adjusting payload length, 42 -> 1648. * Support for adjusting packet send/poll rate. * Support for using old UI using -o flag. * Support any source port in (S,G) joins. * Greatly improved IPv6 support, portability and multiple groups. * Dropped -r SEC option, not needed anymore and was misleading. * Fix #8: Handle IPv6 being disabled, per group and per socket. * Fix #9: No feedback on receiver when using mcjoin as sender. * Fix #10: Calculate and show gaps in received groups.
- Initial package, version 2.2
- Update to version 2.6 * Full IPv6 support, both send and join. * Increase MAX number of groups to join: 250 -> 2048 * Relocate source code to src/ sub-directory * Add support for sending with/to IPv6 address/group * Update docs slightly
- Update to version 2.5 * Replaced mutually exclusive options -q and -d with -l level. Default log level is notice, for true quiet mode, use -l none * Added new daemon mode, which makes mcjoin detach from its controlling terminal and run in the background, with all output except progress redirected to syslog * Fix possible file descriptor leak * Improve error detection if mcjoin cannot find a default interface, a valid (source) IP address, or anything else goes wrong * Add support for -w SEC, initial delay before actually starting. Useful if started very early in a system bootstrap before network has come up properly - Update to version 2.4 * Support for SSM (S,G) join, in addition to the existing ASM (*,G) join * Find interface bsaed on default route with best metric * Initial support for IPv6 (*,G) and (S,G) joins
- Update to version 2.3 * Automatically detect default interface * Enable support for multiple mcjoin receivers on one host using the same destination (Internet) port * Fix #1: Receiver does not stop after count received packets * Avoid using GLIBC extension `__progname`