* Thu May 03 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Replace enchant-devel with pkgconfig(enchant) BuildRequires.
* Wed Aug 09 2017 email@example.com
- update to 1.1.0:
* New "VI" mode (option 'vi_mode') (Holger Weiß)
* Fix issues in buddylist rebuild (franky)
* Do not use g_slist_free_full() which requires glib2 2.28.0 (Frank Bergmann)
* Use UTF-8 validation of file content when sending a message from a file
* Documentation updates
- use enchant instead of aspell [bsc#1052959]
* Fri Feb 10 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.0.5:
* Much better performances with huge rosters.
* Fix an issue with carbons (CVE-2017-5589, bsc#1024690).
* Fix a small memory leak.
* contrib/vim: Support reloading filetype detection.
* Sat Dec 10 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.0.4 (changes since 1.0.2):
* Link with the tinfo library.
* Fix default modules directory on OpenBSD.
* Create the history log directory if it doesn't exist.
* [OTR] Do not send empty subjects.
* [UI] /set does not display password values anymore.
* [MUC] Use nick to set the role.
* Check the origin of roster pushes (bsc#1014976).
See Gajim's CVE-2015-8688 and
* Misc help/documentation updates.
* Fri Mar 04 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.0.2:
* Compatible with Loudmouth >=1.5.3 with SHA256 support.
* Ignore the untrusted certificate warning when user sets a
* Stop HTML-escaping OTR messages ? only strip known tags.
* Read $HOME/.mcabberrc if there is no mcabber configuration
* Minor documentation updates.
* Thu Feb 11 2016 email@example.com
- Update to 1.0.1:
* [PGP] Improve PGP-encryption support.
* [PGP] Improve support for GnuPG v2+.
* [PGP] Encrypt messages with our own PGP key and decrypt our own
encrypted messages when Carbons are enabled.
* [PGP] New PGP options: 'gpg_path' and 'gpg_home'.
* [PGP] Check all signatures and stop immediately if one could be
* Improve Carbons support.
* New option: 'clear_unread_on_carbon'.
* Improve SSL fingerprint management;
Display the server SSL fingerprint when we connect.
* Use XDG configuration directory if it contains a configuration
* Fix a few memory leaks.
* Fix external password support (especially on OS X).
* Fix resizing when mcabber is built with --enable-sigwinch.
* Fix reading of history log files w/o LF character.
* Minor documentation updates.
* Other misc. bugfixes and cleanups.
- Use tarball signing.
* Thu Aug 20 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Correct ncurses BuildRequires.
* Sun Jun 28 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 1.0.0:
* Message Carbons support / XEP-0280.
* Support for using external password managers.
* [UI] Add a backward completion.
* [UI] Multilanguage spell checking.
* [UI] New option 'buffer_smart_scrolling' to lock buffer.
automatically when scrolled u.
* [UI] New command /roster next_open_buffer.
* [UI] New option 'attention_char'.
* [UI] Try to display the GLib warnings in the log window.
* [UI] Display the number of occupants in MUC rooms.
* [UI] New option switch /room topic -u to unescape the topic.
* [MUC] A Support for storing MUC room passwords.
* [MUC] Use bookmarked password (if any) when using "/room join".
* [Hooks] New "hook-mdr-received" hook.
* Remove support for obsolete XEP 22.
* Misc. bugfixes and minor improvements.
* Fri Mar 06 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- add patch up_one_line_message_length.patch (bnc#906685)
* Thu Oct 30 2014 email@example.com
- Update to 0.10.3:
* [UI] Add option 'iq_time_hide'.
* [UI] Add 'iq_version_hide_os', 'iq_version_hide_version'.
* Improved handling of damaged history log files.
* Switch to libotr v4 API.
* Add SSL options.
These options require a patched Loudmouth library.
- "ssl_ciphers" to define the allowed ciphers.
- "ssl_ca" to set additional trusted certificates.
* Fix compilation for old loudmouth libraries.
* Add 'color_timestamp' to highlight timestamp added by server.
* Handle SIGHUP signal.
* Misc. bugfixes.
- Drop mcabber.desktop.
- Major spec cleanup.
* Sun Jun 16 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- libotr2-devel became required to build to fix oS 12.3+.
- Fixed up via `spec-cleaner`.
- License tag was set to GPL-2.0+ to fix warning.
* Sun Dec 02 2012 email@example.com
- update to 0.10.2:
* the FIFO and url_regex systems have been modularized
* load the appropriate modules if you want these features
(the sample configuration file has been updated)
* Wed Dec 01 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.10.1:
* display a warning when the configuration file hasn't been updated
* display better messages when connecting to the XMPP server
* [MUC] do not block MUC private messages when 'block_unsubscribed' is set
* [MUC] fix handling of empty room topic
* [MUC] add caps to presence when joining a MUC room
* new option 'completion_ignore_case' - completion is now case sensitive by default
* display module API information in the output of /version
* increase the number of available categories for completions
* [Hooks] new "hook-subscription" hook, update to the message-in hooks (See ChangeLog.api)
* many misc. bugfixes
* minor documentation update
* Sun Apr 11 2010 email@example.com
- update to 0.10.0:
* switch to the loudmouth Jabber library
* "username" has been replaced with "jid" in the configuration file
* mcabber can now do DNS SRV lookups
* buffers have priorities, that are used to jump to the next unread buffer
* the attention sign (!) is displayed for urgent messages or when the user nickname is used in a MUC room
* prints a list of options with "/set"
* add support for modules
* sample "beep" module
* message receipts (XEP-0184) support
* new command /request ping
* add libidn support
* allow changing the nickname in MUC bookmarks
* a suffix can be appended to completed nicknames
* command "/source" now accepts a file pattern
* tracelog level can now be changed at runtime
* small vCard support improvements
* startup status can be set in the configuration file
* obsolete option 'hide_offline_buddies' has been removed
* obsolete XEP-0022 (message events) is now disabled by default
* no suffix is displayed in the status bar after the 'info' value
* add vim syntax file for mcabber history log files
* Wed Oct 07 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.9.10:
* supports spell checking with Enchant
* many small improvements and bugfixes
* Thu Oct 09 2008 email@example.com
- update to 0.9.9:
* a few bugfixes
* some translation updates
* a new Czech translation
* Mon Oct 06 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.9.8:
* URLs can be extracted from messages to the log window using the url_regex
* OTR messages are now flagged with "O"
* two new commands have been added, "/buffer save" and "/echo"
* several new options and UI improvements
* Thu Apr 17 2008 email@example.com
- new upstream version
* Sun Jan 13 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.9.6
* Wed Nov 21 2007 email@example.com
- update to 0.9.5