* Sun Feb 18 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.10:
* LZ_compress_finish now adjusts dictionary size for each member.
* lzlib.c (LZ_decompress_read): Detect corrupt header with HD=3.
* main.c: Added new option '--loose-trailing'.
* main.c (main): Option '-S, --volume-size' now keeps input files.
* main.c: Replaced 'bits/byte' with inverse compression ratio.
* main.c: Show final diagnostic when testing multiple files.
* main.c: Do not add a second .lz extension to the arg of -o.
* main.c: Show dictionary size at verbosity level 4 (-vvvv).
* lzlib.texi: Added chapter 'Invoking minilzip'.
- Includes 1.9:
* Compression time of option '-0' has been reduced by 3%.
* Compression time of options -1 to -9 has been reduced by 1%.
* Decompression time has been reduced by 3%.
* main.c: Continue testing if any input file is a terminal.
* License of the library changed to "2-clause BSD".
- partial cleanup with spec-cleaner
* Tue May 31 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.8:
* decoder.c (LZd_verify_trailer): Removed test of final code.
* main.c: Added new option '-a, --trailing-error'.
* main.c (main): Delete '--output' file if infd is a terminal.
* main.c (main): Don't use stdin more than once.
* configure: Avoid warning on some shells when testing for gcc.
* Makefile.in: Detect the existence of install-info.
* testsuite/check.sh: A POSIX shell is required to run the tests.
* testsuite/check.sh: Don't check error messages.
- Move info scriplet to preun
* Thu Aug 06 2015 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.7
* The fast encoder, which produces a compression speed and ratio
comparable to those of gzip, has been ported from lzip.
* The option "-0" has been ported from lzip to minilzip.
* If all the data to be compressed are written in advance, lzlib
will automatically adjust the header of the compressed data to
use the smallest possible dictionary size. This feature reduces
the amount of memory needed for decompression and allows minilzip
to produce identical compressed output as lzip.
* Wed Oct 01 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.6
* Compression ratio of option -9 has been slightly increased.
* Minilzip now copies file dates, permissions, and ownership like
`cp -p`. (If the user ID or the group ID cannot be duplicated,
the file permission bits S_ISUID and S_ISGID are cleared).
* The license has been changed to "GPL version 2 or later with link
* Tue Sep 23 2014 email@example.com
- Drop gpg-offline build-time requirement; this is now handled by
the local source validator
* Sun Sep 29 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.5
* Decompression support for deprecated version 0 files has been
* A bug has been fixed that would make an instance of
"struct LZ_Encoder" unresponsive if "LZ_compress_sync_flush" were
called at the wrong moment.
* Wed Jun 05 2013 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.4
* Compression ratio has been slightly increased.
* Compression time has been reduced by 8%.
* Decompression time has been reduced by 7%.
* Arguments and return values of functions in lzlib.h have been
changed from "long long" to "unsigned long long".
* "LZ_decompress_read" now tells "header error" from "unexpected
eof" the same way as lzip does when the EOF happens at the header.
- Do signature verification
- Base name of devel package on main name
- Remove static libraries from installation
- Wrap description at 70 cols
* Thu Apr 12 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.3:
* Lzlib has been translated to C from the C++ source of lzlib 1.2. This has
been done to avoid the dependency on libstdc++, making lzlib useful in more
* Sun Jan 29 2012 email@example.com
- Remove redundant tags/sections per specfile guideline suggestions
* Thu Oct 27 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.2:
* for large values of "--match-length", compression ratio has been slightly
increased and compression time has been reduced by up to 6%
* the option "-F, --recompress", which forces recompression of files whose
name already has the ".lz" or ".tlz" suffix, has been added to minilzip
* Wed Dec 08 2010 email@example.com
- update to 1.0:
* new functions: LZ_decompress_member_finished, LZ_decompress_member_version,
* variables declared "extern" have been encapsulated in a namespace
* a warning about fchown's return value being ignored has been fixed
* input_buffer has been integrated in Range_decoder, simplifying the code and
making decompression slightly faster
- SONAME changed from 0 to 1
* Mon Feb 15 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.9:
* compression time has been reduced by 8%
* Tue Jan 19 2010 email@example.com
- initial package (0.8)