* Fri Mar 12 2021 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 1.22
* New options: -e/--reproduce, --lzip-level, --lzip-name,
- -reference-file and -E/--debug-reproduce.
* Remove --dump-tdata, --remove-tdata and --strip-tdata.
* New debug options -M/--md5sum and -U/--unzcrash.
* Mon Jan 07 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to new upstream release 1.21
* No differential changelog to 1.21~rc1 provided.
* Fri Dec 14 2018 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to new upstream release 1.21~rc1
* The options '--dump', '--remove' and '--strip' have been
added, mainly as support for the tarlz archive format.
* Detection of forbidden combinations of characters in trailing
data has been improved.
* '--split' can now detect trailing data and gaps between
members, and save each gap in its own file. Trailing data (if
any) are saved alone in the last file. (Gaps may contain
garbage or may be members with corrupt headers or trailers).
* '--ignore-errors' now makes '--list' show gaps between
members, ignoring format errors.
* '--ignore-errors' now makes '--range-decompress' ignore a
truncated last member.
* '--ignore-errors' now makes '--dump', '--remove' and
'--strip' ignore format errors.
* Mon Mar 05 2018 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.20
* Splitting was broken for files larger than 64 KiB because of
a bug introduced in version 1.16.
* The options "--dump-tdata", "--remove-tdata", and
"--strip-tdata" have been added to ease the management of
metadata stored as trailing data.
* The option "--loose-trailing", has been added.
* The test used by lziprecover to discriminate trailing data
from a corrupt header in multimember or concatenated files
has been improved to a Hamming distance of 3.
* Wed Jul 05 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.19 (2017-04-17)
* '--merge' is now able to fix files with thousands of scattered
errors per member by grouping the errors into clusters and then
merging the files as if each cluster were a single error.
* The option '-a, --trailing-error' now also works with
'-l, --list' and '-D, --range-decompress'.
* Mon Nov 21 2016 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.18
* The option "-a, --trailing-error", which makes lziprecover exit
with error status 2 if any remaining input is detected after
decompressing the last member, has been added.
* "--merge" now detects identical files by their CRC.
* "--repair" now tries to detect gross damage in the file before
attempting to repair it.
* "--repair" now can repair a damaged dictionary size in the header.
* When decompressing, the file specified with the "--output"
option is now deleted if the input is a terminal.
* "--merge", "--range-decompress", "--repair" and "--split" now
preserve dates, permissions, and, when possible, ownership of
the files created just as "--decompress" does.
* The new option "-A, --alone-to-lz", which converts lzma-alone
files to lzip format without recompressing, just adding a lzip
header and trailer, has been added. Only streamed files with
default LZMA properties can be converted; non-streamed
lzma-alone files lack the end of stream marker required in lzip
* The new option "-W, --debug-decompress=<pos>,<val>", which sets
the byte <pos> to the value <val> and then decompresses to
stdout the resulting corrupt data, has been added.
* The new option "-X, --show-packets", which shows the LZMA
packets (coding sequences) coded in a given file, has been
* The new options "-B, --block", "-d, --delta", "-t, --truncate"
and "-z, --zcmp" have been added to unzcrash.
* Sat Nov 07 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.17
* Merging files now uses an algorithm similar to the ones used to
solve the "Master Mind" game, which makes it much faster. Up to
two orders of magnitude faster depending on number of files and
number of errors.
* Repair time has been reduced by 15%.
* Wed Oct 01 2014 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.16
* Repairing of single-byte errors is now about 10 times faster,
depending on file size and position of error.
* Copying of file dates, permissions, and ownership now behaves
like `cp -p`. (If the user ID or the group ID cannot be
duplicated, the file permission bits S_ISUID and S_ISGID are
* The license has been changed to GPL version 2 or later.
* Sun Sep 29 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.15
* Lziprecover can now repair multi-member files with up to one byte
error per member, without having to split them first.
* Lziprecover can now merge multi-member files without having to
split them first, even if some copies have the header and the
* Mon Jun 10 2013 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.14
* The new option "-i, --ignore-errors", which in conjunction with
"-D" decompresses all the recoverable data in all members of a
file without having to split it first, has been added.
* Option "-l, --list" now accepts more than one file.
* Decompression time has been reduced by 12%.
* "--split" now uses as few digits as possible in the names of the
files produced, depending on the number of members in the input
* "--split" in verbose mode now shows the names of files being
- Wrap description at 70 cols; more robust make install call;
remove redundant %clean section; signature verification
* Tue Apr 03 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- initial version (1.13)