* Sun Feb 28 2016 email@example.com
- update to 1.5.3
- Switch to SHA256 fingerprints.
- Do not load system certificates if trusted certs are explicitly
- Improve automake/autoconf support.
* Thu Feb 18 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.5.2
- openssl: always fill the fingerprint field of LmSSL
- try generic cc before testing for gcc
- remove libresolv relict
- include the right gssapi.h
- Add libasyncns to Libs.private
- Add the new API to the reference documentation
- update Url field to point to the github project instead of the
* Tue Nov 10 2015 email@example.com
- update to 1.5.1 and switch to the mcabber branch:
- This Loudmouth release is compatible with current Glib/GTK
- The internal asyncns copy has been removed
- The security has been improved in several ways:
- Certificates: added checking of SAN(s) when CN does not match
and fixed CN wildcard handling
- SSL 2 and 3 have been deactivated; TLS 1.1 and 1.2 have been
- Use the default cipher suite of GnuTLS
- New API: Implementation of lm_ssl_set_ca and
lm_ssl_set_cipher_list This enables the application to choose
additional CA certificates to trust as well as the cipher
suites which are used by OpenSSL or GnuTLS
- Many resolver and parser issues have been fixed
For details on the branch switch see:
- enable gssapi support. new BR: krb5-devel
- enable IDN support: new BR: pkgconfig(libidn)
- drop patches:
* Tue Apr 14 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- build against openssl-devel, to avoid fixing the gnutls 3.4.0
* Mon May 21 2012 email@example.com
- Use libgnutls-devel BuildRequires instead of gnutls-devel for
openSUSE > 12.1: gnutls-devel has been removed from Factory.
* Sun Dec 04 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Change Source to point to our local file: The upstream server is
currently unavailable and this stops us from checkins to Factory.
* Sun Nov 27 2011 email@example.com
- Add loudmouth-glib.patch: Fix build with glib 2.31.
- Clean spec file using spec-cleaner.
* Wed Nov 23 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- add libtool as buildrequire to avoid implicit dependency
* Fri Feb 12 2010 email@example.com
- Add patches from Debian:
+ loudmouth-fix-sasl-md5-digest-uri.patch: use the right URI for
SASL md5 digest.
+ loudmouth-fix-async-resolving.patch: do not check for sync DNS
failures when using async DNS.
+ loudmouth-drop-stanzas-on-fail.patch: ignore stanza that we
+ loudmouth-use-pkg-config-for-gnutls.patch: use pkg-config to
detect gnutls. Fix build on Factory.
- Remove AutoReqProv: it's default now.
- Use makeinstall macro.
- Remove .la files.
* Wed Dec 24 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.4.3:
+ Various fixes
* Thu Nov 06 2008 email@example.com
- fix requires for doc subpackage
* Tue Sep 16 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix debug package dependencies.
* Fri Sep 12 2008 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.4.2:
+ Various fixes.
* Thu Sep 04 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix -devel package Requires.
* Mon Sep 01 2008 email@example.com
- Update spec to match library policies
- Upgrade to 1.4.0
* [LM-95] - File descriptor leak in lm-connection.c
* [LM-116] - lm_connection_set_jid() required when not using SRV
* [LM-117] - Reentrancy error on failed connect
* [LM-121] - Getting time outs when going through NAT on Linux
* [LM-085] - Asynchronous DNS requests
* [LM-106] - Don't call ID handler if the message is not error or result
* [LM-110] - On server hangup, the last few messages from the server sometimes
* [LM-107] - SSL cert checking never works with GNUTls
* [LM-111] - Add a pointer to check in the README file
* [LM-55] - Check disconnect error reasons like conflicting resource and invalid
xml (fix forward ported from 1.2)
* [LM-88] - Segfault in _lm_ssl_begin for openssl (fix forward ported from 1.2)
* [LM-10] - Loudmouth API docs error
* [LM-49] - loudmouth does not determine server_from_jid correctly
* [LM-62] - Crashes when connecting to server that requires STARTTLS
* [LM-74] - Compiling loudmouth fails on lm-ssl-gnutls.c (Upgrade GnuTLS requirement)
* New Features
* [LM-63] - Implement the support for the SRV DNS records, please
* [LM-76] - Support for SASL (XMPP 1.0)
* Thu Apr 03 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upgraded to version 1.2.3:
* [LM-104] - Problems with <stream:error/> in
* [LM-105] - Patch to suppor getting local host address and full JID
* Tue May 22 2007 email@example.com
- update to 1.2.0
* This is the same as 1.1.5 but marked as stable and released as 1.2.0.
* For a complete list of changes since 1.0.5 look at the changes in 1.1.1-1.1.5
* Fixed leak when closing a connection, LM-59
* Escape the resource string (fixes problems with iChat contacts), LM-48
* Stale incoming source destroyed/unreffed, LM-60
* Fixed a leak in the synchronous layer, LM-66
* Fixed a couple of warning when building on 64 bit alpha, LM-41.
* Generate better message IDs, LM-56
* Fixed a leaking proxy object, LM-51
* Fixed random bugs on connection errors, LM-58
* Removed a warning when using proxy, LM-50.
* Infinite reading of 0 bytes when disconnected using gnutls, LM-45
* Loudmouth exports some internal SHA* functions, LM-47
* Fix auto* warning, LM-46
* Support for internationalised domain names, LM-42
* Fixed issue where no disconnect signal was emitted when connection closed
during opening, LM-43
* Plugged a memory leak in LmConnection, LM-39
* Fixed warnings due to uninitialized value, LM-35
* Fixed a reentrancy-related issue with LmConnection, LM-37
* Tue Mar 27 2007 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Require check-devel.
* Tue Feb 13 2007 email@example.com
- Do not build unusable static libraries (#238552#c17).
* Tue Jan 16 2007 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spec file cleanup.