* Sun Mar 18 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 5.5.0
* Fixed various problems with the fake backend driver
(emulation mode), in particular when using a 4K sector disk
as backend storage.
* Properly set up direct I/O operation with the SG_IO interface
(SCSI and ATA backend drivers).
* Properly handle the maximum and optimal number of open zones
for drives with no limit and drives not reporting any limit.
* Skip open zone resource tests for drives with no limit or an
unreported limit on the maximum/optimal number of open zones.
* Add a new test to verify that a drive returns the correct
ASC/ASCQ sense error codes when writing to a full zone (HM
* Tue Aug 08 2017 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 5.3.1
* A rewrite of libzbc introducing significant changes to the
API. Support for draft standards 4.x is dropped. Compliance
to the final ZBC/ZAC standards is improved.
* All functions now operate using 512B sector units, regardless
of the device actual logical block size. This is in line with
Linux block device management and can simplify application
implementation by unifying the addressing unit used when
devices with different logical block sizes (512B or 4096B)
are being used. Applications must however still comply with
write request alignment to the device physical block size,
which may be different from the 512B sector size unit used.
* Improved read and write functions (zbc_pread and zbc_pwrite)
to not limit the request size to the device maximum request
data transfer size (calls are internally split into multiple
* Tue Nov 29 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 4.3.3
* block backend driver: support latest "official" kernel
interface queued up for kernel 4.10 release.
* Thu Sep 29 2016 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 4.3.0
* Properly handle detection of zoned block devices using sysfs
* Fixed handling of list view so that an operation on a zone does
not reset the current selection and view whenever possible.
* Improved handling of the list view using a filter model.
* Added support for direct I/Os (O_DIRECT). Note: this does not
work with SG node device files.
* Added maximum read/write command size in the device info
* Initialize maximum device read/write I/O size for each backend
* Check read/write command size against the maximum allowed for
* Fixed get capacity: the code is now common for ATA and SCSI.
This fixes problems in SCSI backend when RC_BASIS is 0 (report
zones was being executed without the max logical sectors being
set), and also adds RC_BASIS handling for ATA drives (this was
* Fri Jul 01 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 4.1.1
* This release implements support for ZBC and ZAC revision 4 and
above draft standards.
* Fixed the fake backend driver to pass all tests even if the
device specified is very small (i.e. it has only a few sequential
* Display SG_IO ioctl error message only when the log level is set
* Sat Feb 13 2016 email@example.com
- Update to new git snapshot 2.0.0.g32
* Support for ZBC and ZAC r04
* Added block device backend driver for use with kernels providing
SMR support and exposing host-managed disks as block devices.
* Thu Nov 12 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new git snapshot 2.0.0~git113
* Added sense key and sense code string, DATA PROTECT and ZONE IS READ ONLY.
* Added filling sense key/sense code when reads spanning other types of zone.
* Supported storing ASC/ASCQ data on ata.
* Supported URSWRZ flag on SCSi.
* Added flags in zbc_device_info structure and stored URSWRZ flag in it.
* Added forced ata read/write flag to read/write using pass through command.
* Supported ZBC sense key, ASC/ASCQ handling.
* Mon Jun 08 2015 email@example.com
- Update to new git snapshot 2.0.0~git65
* supports the ZBC standard draft Rev 02
and Rev 01 of the ZAC standard draft
* Mon Mar 16 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial package (version 1.1.0~git68) for build.opensuse.org
* Tue Aug 17 2021 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 5.12.0
* No changes; maintainers are still experimenting with libtool
* Wed Jul 28 2021 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 5.11.1
* New versioning scheme and SONAME
* Wed Jul 28 2021 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 5.11
* Increase of the default command timeout from 20s to 30s to be
in-line with the kernel default settings. Similarly to the
kernel, the timeout for device write cache flush commands is
also double the default value (60s).
* Improved handling of timeout errors. These errors are now
notified using the ETIMEDOUT error code instead of the generic
* SCSI backend driver fixes and improvements: optimized SAT
correctness detection for ZAC devices and faster device
* Block backend driver improvements: retreive the maximum
number of open zones from the device sysfs attributes if the
kernel exposes it.
* Improvement of the zbc_report_zones() function that avoids
multiple buffer allocation/free operations for large reports.
* Sat May 22 2021 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 5.10
* Fix the block backend driver to always issue a reset zone ioctl
* Fix the fake backend driver zbc_fake_set_write_pointer() function
* Fix the tools command line parsing and error messages
* Thu Jul 30 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 5.9.0
* Compilation warning fixes
- Drop 0001-build-avoid-double-definition-of-zbc_log_drv-etc.patch
* Mon Mar 16 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add 0001-build-avoid-double-definition-of-zbc_log_drv-etc.patch
* Mon Mar 09 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 5.8.5
* Fix potential IO error for large IO requests with a buffer
not page aligned.
* Modifications to the block backens driver to support the new
ioctl() commands introduced in kernel 5.5 (zone open, close
and finish ioctls).
* Sat Jan 25 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 5.8.4
* zbc_device_is_zoned() does not use a device real path as
given by zbc_realpath(), causing problems with symbolic
* Better handling of sense data reporting feature on ATA
drives: some drives do not accept setting this feature
causing zbc_open(). to fail. Fix this by testing first if the
feature is already enabled instead of blindly setting it.
* Fix zbc_write_zone tool not writing any data to a zone due to
a loop control error.
* Thu Dec 12 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 5.8.3
* This release fixes a bug in gzviewer and compilation
warnings. It also adds the --disable-gui configuration option
to allow manually disabling the compilation of GUI tools
(gzbc and gzviewer).
* Mon Sep 02 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to new release 5.8.2
* Fix SG IO header dxfer_len field to avoid failures of
vectored IOs with more than a single vector.
* Change error code returned by zbc_preadv() and zbc_pwritev()
from -EINVAL to -EIO in the case of an an unaligned IO
request. This change matches the kernel returned error value.
* New gzviewer tool to graphically display a device zone state.
* Fri Jun 28 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to new upstream release 5.8.0
* This new release adds the new functions zbc_preadv() and
zbc_pwritev() to support vectored read and write. The
zbc_read_zone and zbc_write_zone tools are also updated to
allow using these new functions with the new -vio option.
Various bug fixes are also included.
* Sat Oct 20 2018 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to new upstream release 5.7.1
* Improved handling of non-SCSI zoned block devices.
* Change the behavior of zbc_open() to return an error when
trying to open a regular block device that was not
initialized for the emulation mode using the zbc_set_zones.