* Sun Apr 01 2018 email@example.com
- Build with sdl and sdl2:
* Preserve backward compatibility. Both "sdl" and "sdl2" modules
can be compiled into MLT 6.6.0 and later
* Mon Mar 05 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build with SDL2.
* Wed Jan 24 2018 email@example.com
- Update to release 6.6.0 and build with gcc7
- Combined melt6 sub package into melt subpackage.
- Remove incorporated patches:
- Upstream changes:
This version builds upon the previous release with performance
improvements using the sliced image processing framework.
It also improves compatibility with dependencies
(FFmpeg, Qt 5, SDL 2, NDI, OpenCV, libebur128).
For full details see:
* Fri Aug 25 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix build against glibc-2.26 with libmlt-nomorexlocale_h.patch.
- Rebased 6c658e5d8cd11933bf799a2a985aa4b24cfbcb60.patch,
libmlt-0.8.2-vdpau.patch, rem_close.patch and
* Sat Aug 05 2017 email@example.com
- Build with Qt5 unconditional because PackageHub has a recent Qt5
* Thu Jul 13 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build with gcc6, fix build failure for 42.2/3 due to movit
building with gcc6.
* Thu Jul 06 2017 email@example.com
- Trim filler wording from descriptions; fix identical
descriptions being used in different subpackages.
* Wed Jul 05 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add rem_close.patch from upstream that prevents crashes of apps
in some circumstances, as reported on openSUSE ML.
* Fri Jun 09 2017 email@example.com
- Added files for linked package webvfx which provides qmelt needed
by shotcut for video export see boo#1043070. Webvfx has to build
within the mlt sources.
* Tue Feb 21 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- replace mlt-6.4.1_fix_opengl_install.patch with
upstream solution to the problem
* Tue Feb 21 2017 email@example.com
- enable OpenGL and OpenVC modules
- OpenGL: movit-devel
- OpenVC: pkgconfig(openvc)
- added mlt-6.4.1_fix_opengl_install.patch: fix install of OpenGL
* Wed Nov 16 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 6.4.1
* This is a hot-fix release for v6.4 that fixes a symbol
version declaration problem for the new C++ method
* Sat Nov 12 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 6.4.0
This is both a bugfix and enhancement release:
* Added functions for multi-threaded slice-based image processing:
mlt_slices_init, mlt_slices_close, and mlt_slices_run.
* Added Mlt::Profile::is_valid().
* Added MLT_DIRLIST_DELIMITER to mlt_types.h.
* Renamed mlt++/config.h to mlt++/MltConfig.h.
* Fixed mlt_properties_set_lcnumeric() on macOS.
* Fixed address of Free Software Foundation in comment headers.
* Added crop_to_fill property to composite transition.
* Added sliced_composite property to composite transition.
* Added peak and true peak properties to loudness_meter filter.
* Added qtblend transition and filter to qt module.
* Added ndi (NewTek NDI) module with producer and consumer.
* Added opencv module with opencv_tracker filter.
* Added line_spacing, strech, wrap_width, and wrap_type properties to
* Added oblique value for style property to pango producer.
* Added fontmap-reload event to pango producer.
* Added support for pkg-config to sdl module.
* Added .kra (Krita Image) file name extension to loader.dict.
* Improved performance of kdenlivetitle producer.
* Improved decklink producer and consumer.
* Improved accuracy of seeking on lossy compressed audio in
* Improved mix transition using 32-bit floating point.
* Fixed avfilter when image format changes.
* Fixed loading relative file name in vidstab filter.
* Fixed crash on Windows with avfilter.
* Fixed parsing LADSPA_PATH with semi-colon delimiter on Windows.
* Fixed parsing FREI0R_PATH with semi-colon delimiter on Windows.
* Fixed reading relative path with backslash (Windows) in xml producer.
* Fixed loading relative file name for av.file (avfilter).
* Fixed loading multiple LADSPA plugins on some systems.
* Fixed compile error when not configured with --enable-gpl.
* Fixed loading in avfilter.lut3d in locales with comma decimal point.
* Fixed a possible crash in resample filter.
* Fixed alpha channel in kdenlivetitle producer.
* Fixed possible crash in pixbuf and qimage producers.
* Fixed count when counting down in count producer.
* Moved some avformat presets from lossless to new intermediate folder.
* Added a YouTube avformat consumer preset.
* Changed metadata.rb metadata publisher to output Markdown.
- Removed dupes
* Mon Jul 25 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build with ffmpeg unconditional
* Thu Apr 21 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 6.2.0:
+ There are no framework changes in this release. The major
announcement is the introduction of support for libavfilter!
This is still a work-in-progress. It is limited to FFmpeg 2.3
and up, and there are a number of filters that are black-listed
because they are known to not integrate with MLT, which is not
a full libav* environment or simple wrapper for it. There are
likey avfilters that are not yet black-listed but might not
work because they have not been completely tested. Also, they
do not support MLT's keyframable property animation nor its
frame-threaded parallelism due to architectural or integration
limitations. However, some avfilters are slice-threaded
(internal parallelism), and that works. Finally, libavfilter
filtergraph syntax is not supported either.
All of the supported libavfilters are exposed as MLT filters
beginning with the prefix "avfilter." All of the avfilter
parameters are exposed as MLT properties with the "av." prefix
to prevent clashes with MLT properties. You can run `melt
- query filters` to see the new avfilters, and `melt -query
filter=avfilter.rotate`, for example, to view generated
documentation for an individual filter.
+ Notable fixes and enhancements in this release:
- Added support for libavfilter to avformat module.
- Added auto-rotate support to avformat producer.
- Added animated GIF preset for avformat consumer.
- Prevent serializing and deserializing mlt_type property to
- Fixed relative paths for WebVfx "plain:" resources in xml
- Updated libebur128 to v1.1.0 in plus module.
- Added dynamic_loudness filter to plus module.
- Added loudness_meter filter to plus module.
- Qt 5 fixes for kdenlivetitle producer.
- Added gradients and text shadows to kdenlivetitle producer.
- Added support for building rtaudio against external build of
- Upgraded bundled RtAudio to v4.1.2.
- Added status parameters to ladspa producer and filters.
- dded 5.1 surround to stereo downmix to audiochannels filter
in core module.
- Fixed compiling SWIG bindings for Ruby 2.0.
- Changes from version 6.0.0:
+ This is a bugfix and minor enhancement release. Note that our
release versioning scheme has changed. We were approaching 1.0
but decided to synchronize release version with the C library
ABI version, which is currently at v6. Here are some of the
notable changes and enhancements:
- Added unit tests for tractor, multitrack, and field.
- Deprecate mlt_frame_get_alpha_mask().
- Added drop_count readable property to mlt_consumer.
- Added mlt_factory_repository().
- Added mlt_properties_to_utf8().
- Define MIN, MAX, CLAMP in mlt_types.h in not already defined.
- Switched to APPLE and _WIN32 defines throughout codebase.
- Added UDP and SMPTE 2022-2 support to cbrts consumer.
- Fixed build against latest FFmpeg versions - now requires
v1.1 and up.
- Added audiospectrum filter to qt module.
- Added meta.media.0.codec.rotate property to avformat producer
to let apps and other services get the media orientation.
- Make the avformat producer handle animated images.
- Added style property to dynamictext filter.
- Added timewarp producer to core module.
- Fixed slowly accumulating A/V sync drift in mix audio
- Added width_crop and width_fit properties to pango producer.
- Added -abort option to simply exit without full cleanup.
- Fix key-press handling on Windows.
- Add pkgconfig(libpulse) BuildRequires: Build pulseaudio support.
- Add pkgconfig(Qt5OpenGL) BuildRequires: Build qt5 opengl support.
- Add pkgconfig(fftw3) BuildRequires: Build lightshow, fft and
- Drop libmlt-ffmpeg3.patch: Fixed upstream.
* Thu Feb 18 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove usage of depcrecated functions
* Mon Nov 16 2015 email@example.com
- Restore pkgconfig(libavdevice), multiple providers should be
solved with Prefer: pkg in prjconf
* Fri Nov 13 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build with ffmpeg on Leap and Tumbleweed by default to make it a
bit more useful (boo#954841)
- Replace pkgconfig(libavdevice) BuildRequires with
libavdevice-devel to prevent an unresolveable choice between that
* Thu Nov 05 2015 email@example.com
- Build against Qt5 on Leap as well, the included kdenlive 15.08.1
(which is KF5/Qt5 based) will crash on startup otherwise (boo#930616)
* Fri Aug 07 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.9.8
* Added mlt_service_disconnect_producer() and
* Added mlt_multitrack_disconnect() and Mlt::Multitrack::disconnect().
* Added mlt_tractor_remove_track() and Mlt::Tractor::remove_track().
* Added mlt_service_insert_producer() and Mlt::Service::insert_producer().
* Added mlt_multitrack_insert() and Mlt::Multitrack::insert().
* Added mlt_tractor_insert_track() and Mlt::Tractor::insert_track().
* Added mlt_transition_set_tracks() and Mlt::Transition::set_tracks().
* Added Mlt::Properties::get_animation().
* Added Mlt::Properties::get_anim().
* Added Mlt:Animation class with methods: length(), is_key(),
keyframe_type(), get_item(), next_key(), previous_key(), set_length(),
remove(), interpolate(), serialize_cut().
* Added mlt_animation_key_count() and Mlt::Animation::key_count().
* Added mlt_animation_key_get() and Mlt::Animation::key_get().
* Added audiowaveform video filter.
* Added fft audio filter.
* Added dance video filter (uses fft).
* Added lighshow video filter (uses fft).
* Added distort property to movit.rect video filter.
* Added rotate property to pango video producer.
* Added 2K DCI and 4K modes to decklink producer and consumer.
* Added audiomap (channel remapping) filter.
* Added property animation to all LADSPA audio filters and producers.
* Sun Apr 19 2015 email@example.com
- libmlt for Tumbleweed/Factory is now QT5 based !!
- Update to 0.9.6
* Added color_trc (transfer characteristic) property to mlt_consumer and mlt_frame.
* Added Mlt::Profile::set_display_aspect(int, int).
* Added mlt_pool_stat().
* Added mlt_smpte_df and mlt_smpte_ndf to mlt_time_format for non-drop-frame timecode support.
* Added Mlt::Tractor::Tractor(Mlt::Profile&).
* Added mlt_frame_get_alpha().
* Added default, copy, and assignment methods to Mlt::Frame.
* Added Mlt::Filter::process(Mlt::Frame&).
* Added support for color_trc property to avformat and opengl modules.
* Performance improvements for composite and matte transitions.
* Added fill, halign, and valign properties to affine transition and filter.
* Added producer.* and consumer.* properties to consumer producer.
* Fixes for libavformat and libavcodec v56.
* Dropped support for FFmpeg < v1.0 and Libav < v9.
* Added a lumakey filter.
* Added a localtime property to dynamictext filter.
* Added date/time format string support to dynamictext filter.
* Added no_root property to xml consumer.
* Added audio-only tone producer.
* Added drop property to count producer.
* Added caching to pango producer to improve performance.
* Added WMV and WMA avformat consumer presets.
* Added a ProRes-Kostya avformat consumer preset.
* Changed VP9 WebM preset to use Opus audio codec.
* Added 4K UHD and 2.5K QHD profiles.
* Added x265-medium and x265-medium-pass1 avformat consumer presets.
* Added a unit test for Mlt::Frame.
- Drop upstreamed patches
* Tue Nov 11 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Temporarly disabled vid.stab support, as the submission to
Tumbleweed hit a legal road bump. While it's enabled in the devel
project, other packages depending on libmlt are being blocked.
* Tue Nov 04 2014 email@example.com
- Enable exif support
- Add missing stdlib.h inclusion in qt
* Sat Oct 25 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add vid.stab support
Add BuildRequires: pkgconfig(vidstab)
* Thu Oct 16 2014 email@example.com
- Update to 0.9.2
* Added "boolean" parameter type and "argument" parameter
attribute to service metadata schema.
* Added mlt_properties_frames_to_time().
* Added mlt_properties_time_to_frames().
* Changed mlt_events_fire() to return the number of listeners.
* Added consumer-thread-create and consumer-thread-join events.
* Added LC_NUMERIC handling for Windows.
* Added mlt_playlist_mix_out() and mlt_playlist_mix_in().
* Added mlt_properties_from_utf8().
* Renamed "qimage" module to "qt".
* Added support for Qt 5.
* Added qtext producer, which is now prefered by dynamictext
filter over pango.
* Added xml-nogl consumer.
* Consolidated dgraft, burningtv, and rotoscoping into new
* Added vid.stab module with vidstab and deshake filters. This
depends on external vid.stab library unlike its predecessors.
* Rewrote opengl module.
* Added loudness filter based on EBU R128.
* Added rgblut filter to plus module.
* Added luma-only liftgammagain filter to plusgpl module.
* Added lift_gamma_gain filter to plus module.
* Added support new keyframable animated properties to brightness,
volume, panner, boxblur, wave, sepia, charcoal, burn, gamma,
grain, dust, lines, tcolor, oldfilm.
* Added movit.luma transition to opengl module.
* Added cbrts consumer to plusgpl module.
* Removed the "ppm" PPM-pipe producer.
* Added more VITC functionality to decklink module.
* Added matte transition to core module.
+ DEPRECATION WARNINGS
* Deprecate videostab module with videostab and videostab filters.
This will not be removed soon in order to keep old scripts and
* Deprecate the dv (libdv), kino, and vorbis modules. These are
scheduled to be removed in next release.
- Update use-recommended-freetype-include.patch
* Wed Dec 11 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added use-recommended-freetype-include.patch -- Freetype upstream
recommends using their macros together with ft2build include.
Positive sideeffect is that this patch makes it build with both
freetype2 2.5.1, and older version
* Sun Jun 30 2013 email@example.com
- Update to 0.9.0
* new, properly integrated property animation API
* Improved pause behavior when using buffered rendering in
* Added mlt_color type.
* Deprecated mlt_geometry API.
* Support for the latest versions of FFmpeg and Libav (but
dropping support for 0.5 and 0.6 versions).
* Added alpha channel output to avformat consumer.
* Added reconnect and exit_on_disconnect properties to avformat
* Added qglsl consumer to use opengl with avformat, sdi, and
* Added avsync module with blipflash producer and consumer for
* Added new "count" producer to gtk2 module.
* Changed frei0r to use index-based property names making it
impervious to param name changes (param name still accepted
* Added default parameter values to frei0r metadata.
* Added more python example web services.
* Started a unit test suite.
- Dropped patch libmlt-0.8.0-versioned_dirs.patch due to upstream
support for versioning (--enable-extra-versioning configure flag)
* Thu May 02 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- By default disable VDPAU as requested by Dan Dennedy
* Fri Apr 19 2013 email@example.com
- Fix missing buildrequire for alsa-devel
* Mon Jan 21 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.8.8
* Purely a bugfix release
* Fri Nov 30 2012 email@example.com
- Make multiple versions of melt parallel installable
* Tue Nov 27 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix build in non-x86 platforms (ARM, PPC ETC..)
* Thu Nov 15 2012 email@example.com
- Update to 0.8.6
* Fix a performance regression on videos that use full-range
colorspaces such as yuv420p.
* Tue Apr 13 2021 Luigi Baldoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 6.26.1
* This version fixes a major regression in version 6.26.0 in
the avformat producer to read from network URLs.
* Sun Apr 11 2021 Dave Plater <email@example.com>
- Removed depreciated webvfx linked package, qmelt is no longer
needed for shotcut export.
- Deleted obsolete webvfx-nobrowser.patch and
* Sat Apr 10 2021 Luigi Baldoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 6.26.0
* Added support for `hwaccel` query string parameter to the
`avformat` producer. It accepts the following values: vaapi
* Added support for `hwaccel_device` query string parameter to
the `avformat` producer. This is only used with vaapi
(device path) and cuda.
* Improved the usage of image slice threading in `frei0r`.
This only applies when `threads`=0 and only works with some
frei0r plugins that you must decide yourself.
* Added an ellipse item to `kdenlivetitle` producer.
* Added support for PNG and GIF as album art in the `avformat`
* Added BT.2020 color space metadata to the `avformat`
* Resolved many FFmpeg deprecations in the `avformat` producer
making it possible to support AV1 decoding.
* Added a `strobe` fitler that periodically makes the alpha
* Added a new `typewriter` text filter (currently only works
with the kdenlivetitle producer).
* Improved sound quality for lower pitch shifts in `rbpitch`.
* Fixed speed of trick play in the `jack`, `rtaudio`,
`sdl_audio`, and `sdl2_audio` consumers.
* Fixed matrix for independent channels in `swresample` filter.
* Fixed leading zeros for the `timer` filter.
* Fixed flickering using `affine` with a `luma` transition.
* Fixed a crash using RGBA images in the `qimage` producer
(regression in v6.22.0).
* Fixed `brightness` filter misbehaves on `alpha` > 1.
* Fixed writing `flac` format file does not set its duration
in the `avformat` consumer.
* Fixed an infinite loop in `rbpitch` filter.
* Fixed `ttl` in the `qimage` producer.
* Fixed building with OpenCV 4.5
* Fixed artifacts with multiple HTML `qtext` filters and frame
* Deprecated the `start` and `end` properties on the following
(use property animation instead):
* Deprecated the following services:
+ transition filter
+ Fixed building without SWIG.
+ Added many "MOD_..." options to explictly disable modules.
+ Added src/tests and the option `BUILD_TESTING`, which
+ All dependency checks moved to top level CMakeLists.txt.
+ Install melt man page.
+ Install oldfilm SVG files.
+ Added src/examples.
+ Install framework/metaschema.yaml.
+ Fixed `plusgpl` datadir.
+ Added all swwig/ languages.
+ Increased C++ standard to C++14.
* Added an `AV1` encoding preset.
* Improved documentation of the requirement for C11.
* The minimum version of FFmpeg is v4.0 and Libav is no longer
- Drop libmlt-0.8.2-vdpau.patch and everything related to vdpau
(no longer present in the tree)
- Enable libebur128
* Mon Dec 07 2020 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 6.24.0
* Trigger a `property-changed` event on
* Fixed using a video transition with a video clip on an audio
* Reduce the amount of service caching to 2X #tracks to reduce
* Added the `pillar_echo` filter to the plus module.
* Added a `qtcrop` filter to the qt module.
* Added `html`, `resource`, `overflow-y`, and `_hide`
properties to the `qtext` filter for rich text.
* Added the filter `choppy` to the core module.
* Added slice threading to the `brightness` filter.
* Fixed compiling with OpenCV 4.
* Fixed the colors when using `mlt_image_format=rgb24a` with
* Fixed a possible crash in the `timewarp` producer on sources
with non-integer frame rates.
* Fixed a regression in version 6.22 with multiple affine
filters at the same time.
* Fixed possible abort or deadlock on recursive pthread
mutexes in `avformat` producer.
* Fixed a crash in `crop` filter with large `center_bias`
value when `use_profile` is 1.
* Fixed a white video frame appearing on threaded rendering in
* Fixed MLT XML DRD to permit empty playlists, which may occur
on empty tracks in a multitrack.
* Fixed initializing QApplication in the `qimage` producer.
* Fixed interpolation when scaling with the `affine` rect and
* Fixed high memory usage with high factors of pitch shifting
in the `rbpitch` filter.
* Fixed a crash on files with more than 32 streams in the
* Added the Python binding to the CMake build.
* Added the `sdl` (v1) module to the CMake build.
* Removed minrate and maxrate from the `webm` avformat
* Sun Aug 02 2020 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 6.22.1
* This patch version only fixes the version reported in the
* Fri Jul 31 2020 email@example.com
- Update to version 6.22.0
* Added mlt_properties_exists() and
* Added mlt_audio C class
* Added Mlt::Audio C++ class
* Fixed drop-frame timecode for 59.94 fps.
* Fixed crash on null pointer passed to mlt_consumer_stop().
* Fixed frei0r transitions with preview scaling.
* Fixed affine ox and oy properties incorrect with preview
* Fixed a crash and incorrect preview scaling with more than
filter active on the same frame.
* Fixed preview scaling for the rotoscoping filter.
* Added the sample_fmt property to the avformat consumer.
* Fixed a possible segfault in the mix transition.
* Removed support for text keyframes to the text and qtext
to fix regression on strings containing '='.
* Disable frame-threading with bigsh0t, distort0r, and medians
* Added "meta.media.%d.stream.projection" property the
* Fixed a crash with with filters not supporting preview scale
in frei0r transitions.
* Fix artifacts in luma transition and affine filter with
* Stop including 'title="Anonymous Submission"' in xml
* Fixed a crash in opencv.tracker filter.
* Fixed a crash in composite transition if luma file fails to
* Added validations in opengl module to prevent asserts in
* Fixed building with OpenCV 4.
* Moved some services from gtk2 module to new gdk module:
gtkrescale filter, pango producer and pixbuf producer
* Deprecated the gtk2 module and no longer enabled by default.
* Changed avformat producer to accept a '?' in
argument/resource property by escaping it as '\?'.
* Changed the background property of the affine filter to be
* Deprecated the linsys (DVEO SDI) module.
* Fixed changing the audio_index property in the avformat
* Changed resample filter to more resiliant to frequency
* Added a video_delay property to the sdl2_audio and rtaudio
* Add millisecond options to the timer filter.
* Fixed the in point handling for the timewarp producer.
* Fixed some audio gaps and sync issues with the rbpitch
filter and timewarp pitch compensation.
* Fixed a possible crash caused by producer consumer.
* Changed avformat consumer to set AVOption color_primaries
based on the MLT colorspace if not already set as property.
* Fixed crop right on image with odd width skews image in crop
* Fixed incorrect silence value for unsigned 8-bit audio in
* Changed qimage to use Qt's internal orientation detection
instead of libexif.
* Reduced clicks in mix transition by silencing buffers on
* Improved A/V synchronization in (sw)resample filters - also
reduces audio clicks.
* Improved speed of the qimage producer.
* Fixed incorrect color using libx264rgb in avformat consumer.
* Fixed relative paths for avfilters that have the "filename"
* Fixed some avfilters dropping the alpha channel: smartblur,
* Improved performance of the resize filter.
* Fixed an affine filter inside a transition was always
nearest neighbor interpolation.
* Changed the lift_gamma_gain filter to use round values up.
* Fixed melt option "-group" applies to an implicit consumer.
* Added "-quiet" option to melt (implies -silent but more so).
* CMake build improvments adding modules: gdk, jackrack, lumas
resample, sox and vorbis
* Added avformat consumer presets: Slide-Deck-H264 and
* Removed intra=1 from some avformat presets (use g=1 for
intra only): intermediate/MPEG-2, intermediate/MPEG-4
- Drop 0001-Fix-build-with-Qt-5.15.0.patch (merged upstream)
* Thu Apr 02 2020 Christophe Giboudeaux <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add upstream patch to fix build with Qt 5.15:
* Mon Feb 17 2020 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 6.20.0
* Added consumer scaling:
+ support for a double "scale" property to melt and the xml
* Fixed mlt_properties_set() with an invalid expression.
* Added new functions that do not evaluate expressions:
* Improved the service-caching heuristic in mlt_multitrack.
* Fixed possible crashes in mlt_playlist get_frame() and
* Added the rubberband module with a rbpitch filter.
* Added pitch compensation to timewarp producer.
* Added the invert_scale property to the affine filter and
* Added the reverse property to shape filter.
* Added support for text keyframes to the text and qtext
* Added support for the CSRT and MOSSE algorithms in
* Fixed a crash on empty algo property in the opencv.tracker
* Changed vorbis module to no longer be deprecated.
* Improved colorspace conversions in the avformat module.
* Fixed audio artifacts on initial seek to in point in
* Fixed the colorspace of the cached image in avformat
* Fixed white video flashes on property changes in the qtext
* Fixed a crash in the rotoscoping filter with large spline
* Fixed a crash in the sdi consumer if the driver is not
* Improved support for a video clip as luma producer to the
* Fixed a crash in the matte transition.
* Fixed a crash when using invert property =1 in the composite
* Added more avformat consumer presets:
+ intermediate/ProRes HQ
* Fixed some parameters in the XDCAM and D10 avformat
* Fixed link failure on some CPU architectures.
- Refreshed libmlt-fixluma.patch
* Tue Nov 12 2019 Luigi Baldoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 6.18.0
* Fixed some data races in mlt_consumer, mlt_deque, and
* Fixed the mlt_events listener incorrect owner argument.
* Added support for the LC_ALL environmant variable on Windows.
* Fixed the argument to mlt_factory_init() not working on
* Fixed mlt_service_identify() not reliable in some use cases.
* Added some default and copy constructors and assignment
operators to mlt++
+ Filter( const Filter &filter )
+ Filter& operator=( const Filter &filter )
+ Producer( const Producer &producer )
+ Producer& operator=( const Producer &producer )
+ Properties( const Properties &properties )
+ Properties& operator=( const Properties &properties )
+ Service( const Service &service )
+ Service& operator=( const Service &service )
+ Transition( const Transition &transition )
+ Transition& operator=( const Transition &transition )
* Added mlt_luma_map:
* Fixed preset overrides depend on the XML attribute order.
* Fixed serializing an animated property with a new length.
* Fixed interpolation in rotoscoping filter.
* Fixed crop filter not working with color producer.
* Fixed some data races in the sdl and sdl2 consumers.
* Fixed some data races in the avformat producer.
* Added a movit.flip filter to the opengl module.
* Fixed using filters on frei0r producers.
* Added support for in and out attributes on the "consumer"
* Fixed using an in point with the multi consumer.
* Fixed avfilter fails if the image size changes.
* Fixed showing superfluous decimals for seconds in the timer
* Stop serializing an invalid producer as an "INVALID" text
producer in xml.
* Fixed an access violation crash in wave filter.
* Added the meta.media.color_range property to the avformat
* Fixed full range yuv422p not converted correctly in the
* Fixed the text filter not working with pango.
* Fixed a regression using dynamictext with pango.
* Added a position property to avfilter for filters that need
* Fixed avfilter.subtitles not using the source position.
* Added an analyze property to vidstab filter. When set,
analysis only starts and the results file written if true.
* Fixed crash combining affine the affine filter with the
* Added interlace detection from AVCodecContext.field_order.
* Changed the avformat producer to not use the rescale.interp
Previously, when interp == nearest, it would relax seeking.
Now, seek accuracy is reduced during trick play (rewind or
* Fixed sws flags for auto-inserted scalers in avfilter.
* Fixed a double free crash in ladspa filter on channel count
* Refactored the composite and luma transitions to use
* Refactored the pgm producer and shape filter to use
* Refactored the lumas module to use mlt_luma_map.
* The lumas module is now disabled by default and must be
* Added property animation to the threshold filter.
* Added a cairoblend_mode filter to the frei0r module to
affect a frei0r.cairoblend transition used to
* Added support for new vaapi options to the avformat consumer:
+ connection_type: x11 or drm
* Fixed the timewarp producer with a colon in the filename.
* Fixed a relative file name with a colon in it in the xml
* Fixed defaulting to album or poster art if there is another
* Fixed parameter animation in frei0r plugins when using frame
This change also enables frame-threading for more plugins.
* Improved the qtblend filter to not process alpha if no
* Added a background_color property to the qtblend filter.
* Fixed the opencv.tracker incorrect behavior on cut clips.
* Changed opencv.tracker to store absolute frame numbers.
* Fixed incorrect frame offset on render in opencv.tracker.
* Add an alpha_over property to luma transition. This
addresses a behavior regression in version 6.14.0.
* Fixed noimagecache not working in the avformat producer.
* Mlt++ now requires C11 compiler support.
* Fixed closing melt SDL2 window from window manager (i.e.
* Added -repository option to the melt command.
* Added unit tests for Mlt::Event.
* Fixed returning image data for Python 3.
* Switch to python3 by default.
* Updated the prores encoding presets to set vendor ID and
* Added a CMake build system. This is not yet prefered over
the existing configure script and Makefiles and has less
flexibility. It is a start and has limited support.
- Use python 3
- Added libmlt-fixluma.patch
* Wed May 08 2019 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 6.16.0
* Added functions to get/set a creation date to a producer
* Fixed dance filter not showing when lower track is
* Refactored dynamictext filter to use
* Marked frei0r rgsplit0r plugin version < 1.1 as not
* Fixed possible null pointer crash in
* Sun Mar 31 2019 Luigi Baldoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 6.14.0
* This version is mostly fixes plus a few API additions and
* Added mlt_profile_lumas_dir().
* Added mlt_frame_get_unique_properties().
* Added mlt_playlist_reorder() and Mlt::Playlist::reorder().
* Added some new convenience constructors to mlt++
+ Producer(mlt_profile profile, const char *id, const char
* service = NULL)
+ Consumer(mlt_profile profile, const char *id , const char
* service = NULL)
+ Transition(mlt_profile profile, const char *id, const char
* arg = NULL)
+ Filter(mlt_profile profile, const char *id, const char
* service = NULL)
+ Tractor(mlt_profile profile, char *id, char *arg = NULL)
* Added Mlt::Transition::connect(Service&).
* Added unit tests for mlt_playlist.
* Fixed a crash on invalid transition track values in
* Fixed a deadlock regression in v6.12.0 of mlt_consumer when
a paused state (producer speed=0).
* The avformat module now requires at least FFmpeg v2.4 or
* Added mask_start and mask_apply filters to the core module.
* Added qtext filter to qt module.
* Changed dynamictext and timer filters to use qtext.
* Fixed number of digits for seconds in timer filter.
* Added mlt_image_format property to color producer.
* Improved color accuracy of libswscale RGB->YUV conversion.
* Fixed frei0r producer not working with tractor.
* Fixed decklink consumer stalling on dropped frames.
* Generate lumas for 16:9, 9:16 (vertical), and square aspect
* Fixed crash in qimage when alpha_size is zero.
* Fixed the mlt_consumer channels property not being passed to
* Fixed the shape filter for full range color and crashes.
* Converted the shape filter to use mlt_animation.
* Added a use_mix property to the shape filter.
* Fixed invert=1 and mix=100 gives wrong image in shape filter.
* Fixed a possible free null pointer in the linsys sdi
* Fixed using destroyed temporary object in qimage.
* Fixed a possible null pointer dereference in the
* Fixed memory leak on swr_convert() failure in swresample
* Fixed possible null pointer dereference in affine when not
* Fixed loading image sequence on Windows in qimage.
* Fixed some null pointer crashes using Movit opengl services.
* Fixed sdl2 consumer crashes during initialization on Linux
* Fixed distorted image using melt_file.
* Fixed qimage build on Qt version < 5.5.
* Added offset property to the timer filter.
* Changed the boxblur hori & vert properties' minimum to 0.
* Fixed crash in duplicate frame on rotated videos.
* Added automatic scaling and padding to avfilter.
* Fixed field order when encoding progressive as interlace.
* Fixed frei0r plugins to use the number of slices from the
* Fixed over compositing with transparent clips in luma
* Added sliced processing to dissolve-with-alpha using the
* Added createdate keyword to dynamictext filter.
* Fixed possible crash changing audio_index in avformat
* Fixed small memory leaks in xml consumer, jackrack, and
* Fixed compiling opencv module with OpenCV > 3.
* Added vertical video profiles:
* Mlt++ now requires C++11 compiler support.
* Added --disable-windeploy to configure to keep bin & lib
folders on Windows.
* Added support for consumer in & out to melt.
* Fixed color accuracy of lossless/Ut Video preset and use
* Fixed x264 lossless preset to use crf=0.
* Fixed compiling with mingw32.
* Fixed build with Python 3.
* Mon Nov 26 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 6.12.0
* Changed buffer property to be mutable and adaptive to speed
property in mlt_consumer.
* Changed macOS RELOCATABLE build to use standard app bundle
+ lib/mlt -> ../PlugIns/mlt
+ lib/frei0r-1 -> ../PlugIns/frei0r-1
+ lib/ladspa -> ../PlugIns/ladspa
+ share/mlt -> ../Resources/mlt
+ share/movit -> ../Resources/movit
* Fixed a_track of transitions matching deleted track in
* Fixed multi-thread race crash in mlt_properties_clear().
* Fixed possiblle null pointer crash in
mlt_property_get_rect() and mlt_property_get_time().
* Fixed non-animated strings containing ';' or '=' in
* Fixed crash in clear_property() with mlt_animation.
* Added a generic text filter to the plus module.
* Added a timer filter to the plus module.
* Added audio timeout handling to sdl2 consumers.
* Added spot_remove filter to the plus module.
* Added dds, ico, and webp filename extensions for qimage
* Added support for color_range property in avformat consumer:
"pc" or "jpeg" for full range, otherwise limited range.
* Added a window property to the audiowaveform filter.
* Added MM:SS.SS to the timer filter.
* Added query string param "multi" to the xml producer to
force using the
* Improved WebP image support in avformat producer.
* Integrated hwupload filter in avformat consumer if using
* Changed count producer to use pango if qtext not available.
* Changed qt moduled to not call XInitThreads()
* Changed color producer to only set alpha on frame if rgb24a
requested or not opaque.
* Changed the xml producer to pass quality and performance
parameters to the multi consumer.
* Fixed sdl2_audio distortion (regression in v6.10.0).
* Fixed dynamictext filter to not error on empty text.
* Fixed dynamictext aliased (regression in v6.10.0).
* Fixed qimage outputs premultiplied if scaled internally.
* Fixed crash in cbrts consumer if running property was never
* Fixed rendering edges of some typefaces in qtext producer.
* Fixed qimage fails to load with wrong filename extension.
* Fixed affine dark right and bottom edge artifacts regression
* Fixed support for vp8 and vp9 with alpha channel in avformat
* Fixed interpolation mode selection in qimage producer.
* Fixed crash in qimage with alpha channel.
* Fixed some AAC MP4 files start playing from middle in
* Fixed crash in avfilter if initialization fails.
* Fixed crash in mix when frame rate is very low.
* Fixed crash on missing luma file in composite transition.
* Fixed A/V sync on some files in avformat producer.
* Fixed seeking on audio filter with album art in avformat
* Fixed colorspace conversion in avformat consumer.
* Added more avformat consumer presets:
+ alpha/Quicktime Animation
+ alpha/Ut Video
+ lossless/Ut Video
* Added square video profiles:
* Added support for nodejs to the swig bindings.
* Changed configure script to require opencv module be
* Numerous spelling fixes in source code and comments thanks
* Sun Oct 21 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disabled build of opencv module to fix boo#1068792.
- Only build sdl2 module.
* Mon Jul 02 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 6.10.0
* This version fixes bugs and supports serializing animation
keyframes with a specified time format (previously only
* Reverted mlt_pool change in v6.8.0 pending further testing.
(USE_MLT_POOL compiler define is now a 0/1 boolean, defaults
* Fixed crash regression in v6.8.0 "parsing non-animated
string as an animation."
* Added pointer checks to mlt_animation.
* Changed producer cache size heuristic in mlt_multitrack to
be more liberal.
* Fixed handling reserved characters in names for YAML in
* Added clamping to prevent computing negative in and out
points to mlt_producer.
* Added functions to serialize animation with a time format:
+ Mlt::Properties::get(int, mlt_time_format)
+ Mlt::Animation::serialize_cut(mlt_time_format, int, int)
* Added functions to clear a property to mlt_properties:
* Fixed enabling sliced pix_fmt conversion in avformat
* Fixed incorrect seek and sync on audio files with discard
* Added support for avcodec_send_frame() API to avformat
* Fixed compile errors with Libav master.
* Fixed a crash in affine transition.
* Fixed a crash in ladspa filters when consumer frame rate is
low (e.g. <= 8).
* Fixed a crash in boxblur filter.
* Added animation support to boxblur hori and vert properties.
* Fixed a crash in movit.convert.
* Fixed incorrect alpha in affine transition blending routine.
* Converted frei0r from deprecated mlt_geometry to
* Fixed tilde in text string for pango producer.
* Fixed using more than one channelcopy filter.
* Fixed the mono filter reducing volume level.
* Fixed degraded audio scrubbing in sdl2_audio consumer.
* Converted dynamictext filter to use affine transition for
alpha compositing and sub-pixel positioning.
* Added time format support for animation keyframes to the xml
* Added animation support to more affine transition properties:
* Fixed gaps in text when characters overlap in qtext and
* Fixed a crash in pixbuf producer with multiple render
* Converted the oldfilm vignette filter from mlt_geometry to
* Numerous updates to mlt-xml.dtd.
* Categorized many of the encode presets (using
* Wed Jun 20 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 6.8.0
* This version improves support for multi-channel audio and
adds some new manipulation functions to the mlt_animation
* Added support for musl C library.
* Added functions for audio channel layouts:
* Added channel_layout property to mlt_consumer.
* Added mlt_channel_layout enum.
* Disabled memory pooling by default and require compile macro
USE_MLT_POOL to re-enable it.
* Fixed reliability of keyframed properties serializing
* Fixed parsing non-animated string as an animation.
* Added more functions to mlt_animation:
* Fixed some crashes in qimage producer especially with alpha
* Fixed >2 channel audio output in the SDL consumers.
* Fixed >2 channel audio output in the rtaudio consumer on
* Fixed vorbis encoding with FFmpeg v3.4+.
* qimage and qtext are now higher priority than gtk2 pixbuf
and pango by the loader producer.
* Added support for more channel counts to decklink consumer.
* Added swresample filter based on libswresample from FFmpeg.
This is now the preferred channel count normalizing filter
used by the loader producer.
* Fixed the strange "Undefined constant" and "Unable to parse
option value" log messages in the the avformat consumer.
* Fixed GIF and DPX writing in avformat consumer.
* Reduced the memory usage of the affine transition and
* Fixed a crash in kdenlivetitle producer.
* Fixed a crash in the rotoscoping filter.
* Fixed frame rate reported in Matroska and WebM files
produced by the avformat consumer.
* Added sdl2_audio consumer.
* Fixed alpha channel support for more pixel formats in the
* Converted the affine transition to use mlt_rect and
* Fixed LADSPA plugins with mono channel audio.
* Fixed a melt command line parsing bug when argument supplied
* Fixed melt with SDL2 on Windows not using stdio and stderr.
* Improved speed of the vp9 avformat consumer preset.
* Mon Jun 18 2018 email@example.com
- Enable pkgconfig(vidstab) BuildRequires unconditionally, now
available in openSUSE.
- Build with ffmpeg unconditionally, ffmpeg is available in
* Sun May 06 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 6.6.0+git20180502 to enable shotcut 18.05 to build.
- Upstream changes:
* Fix affine and region filters alter the frame's position.
* Fix mono channel configuration for ladspa plugins. (#334)
* Convert affine to mlt_rect and animation APIs.
* Add mlt_animation_key_set_frame() and Animation::key_set_frame().
* Fix build for Libav
* Fix crash on composite transition with unexpected pgm luma
* Fix alpha support for more pixel formats Kdenlive issue #391963
* Add mlt_animation_key_set_type() and Animation::key_set_type().
* Fix rotoscoping crash
* Fix parsing non-animation string as animation.
* Fix mlt_animations not reliably serializing.
* Fix crash with kdenlivetile caused by wrong malloc size
* Add filter_swresample. (#305)
* Fix #284 GIF encoding not working.
* Fix segmentation fault when using qimage png producer #296