* Fri Jun 16 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Removed xinetd service
- Added leafnode@.service and leafnode.socket
- Clean up of leafnode.spec file
* Tue Aug 25 2015 email@example.com
- leafnode 1.11.11:
* The configfile parser now strips whitespace between a
configuration parameter's value and a trailing comment.
* The roff manual page sources now render proper hyphens (-),
minus characters (\-) and en-dashes (\[en]) depending on
their context. This is so that copying-and-pasting from the
manual page works properly.
* The code that checks if the peer is local now properly deals
with IPv4 mapped IPv6 addresses.
* Tue Mar 24 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- format spec file, remove gpg-offline fixing SLE 12 build
* Tue Jun 11 2013 email@example.com
- 1.11.10 - no user visible changes
* source changes affecting build system and portablility
* fixes an abort in verbose mode when running fetchnews 1.11.9
- 1.11.9 - no user visible changes
* source changes affecting build system and compiler warnings
- packaging changes:
* require pcre >= 2.06
* droped leafnode-1.11.8-gethostbyname-2-getaddrinfo.patch :
* verify source signature
* Mon Jan 14 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- reformat spec file, licence is LGLP-2.1+, remove INSTALL
* Sun Sep 25 2011 email@example.com
- update list of authors to include current maintainer
* Thu Aug 18 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- add patch for getaddrinfo
* Sat Jul 30 2011 email@example.com
- update to upstream 1.11.18
* 1.11.8, 2010-06-12
- Performance optimization, reported by Gary R. Schmidt.
- Fix a compiler warning on computers where "long" is a wider type than "int",
such as many 64-bit computers.
- Fix compiler warnings on computers where "long" is a wider type than
"time_t", such as NetBSD 5.X on 64-bit computers.
- Fix compiler warning "dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
- Fix a file descriptor leak in fetchnews.c's getbody_newno function; reported
to Debian BTS by Helmut Grohne, fix by Robert Grimm.
- Leafnode now enables IPv6 support by default. Use --without-ipv6 to disable.
- Leafnode now supports detecting if a peer is in a local network also
for IPv6 global addresses, providing that the host OS provides getifaddrs().
This comprises Linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD, but not, for instance, Solaris 10.
Reported missing by M. G. Berberich.
- Leafnode is now always compiled in maintainer mode.
This has no impact on run-time behaviour.
- Leafnode now assumes that handlers for signal() do not return a value.
- Skip arbitrary amounts of contiguous CR right before LF. Reported by John R.
- Remove the long-obsoleted README.FIRST file.
- The FAQ has information on how to copy the spool.
- FAQ: The MAC OS X two-level namespace documentation for PCRE was removed,
PCRE is no longer part of the leafnode distribution.
- FAQ: mention how to fix losing unsubscriptions of low-traffic groups in slrn
- config.example: The expire documentation should now be clearer and closer to
the one in the leafnode(8) manual page. Along the lines discussed by Chris G
and Whiskers on the leafnode mailing list.
* 1.11.7, 2009-04-20
- fetchnews: If the LN_SUPPRESS_DATE environment variable is defined and set
to any value or empty, fetchnews will not test the upstream server's time by
means of the "DATE" NNTP command.
This can be used to quench related log messages.
- Fix logging if texpire unlinks files without further hardlinks from
- Fix potential segfault on libcs that do not catch NULL for %s formatting
(several GNU libc versions do) when trying to retrieve delayed bodies from
corrupt article headers. Pretend success, to purge article number from
subscription file. Bug reported by Chris Carr.
- Fix & change "noactive" so that it can be overridden by "fetchnews -f", as
documented in config.example.
Regression as side effect of 1.9.50 fix, reported by Jesse F. Hughes.
- Fix logged IP address in "connected to..., reply:" message when compiled
without IPv6 support.
Fixes Mandriva Bug #45605, reported by David W. Hodgins.
- Print connected to... to console as well at proper verbosity level, found
by maintainer while debugging aforementioned bug.
- Only emit warning that no server with posting permission was found if that's
actually needed. Reported by Christian Weiske.
- If corrupted articles had been detected, fetchnews -x NNN would not be able
to re-fetch the said article because a 0-sized file remained in message.id,
making fetchnews believe the article was in the spool.
0-sized message.id/NNN/ files are now purged when checking if the article is
already in the spool.
Reported by Peter Bauernfeind. (de.comm.software.newsserver post, May 2008)
- Change interface enumeration to track incompatible NetBSD 5 changes. The
latter led to bogus connection refusals in NNTPD. SourceForge Bug #2700756,
by Aleksey Cheusov, fix suggested by Roy Marples.
- Add support for SIOCGIFALIAS where available (BSD) in order to obtain
netmasks for 4.4BSD-style IP aliases.
getifaddrs() has been suggested as well, but it isn't available everywhere,
so we would have to keep the old code around anyways, and we can just fix
that rather than introduce alternative code branches.
[#]## BUGFIXES BACKPORTED FROM LEAFNODE 2
- lsort (used by make update) now detects and report errors.
- "make update" handles the lockfile properly now: it records its PID and
removes the lock also in cases of failure.
- "make update" restores the old groupinfo file if lsort fails.
- "make update" now builds an up-to-date lsort first.
- "make update" now uses the configured NEWS_USER and _GROUP.
- "make update" is now a phony Makefile target, i. e. it will work even
if there is a file "update" in the build directory.
- When creating a Path: header (because the newsreader did not do that), use
"not-for-mail" instead of NEWS_USER (usually "news") as the user component.
This seems to resolve propagation issues with 2nd-hop-upstreams, as reported
in Debian Bug#459980 by Michael Weitzel, with Universität Siegen, Germany.
- When writing to client fails, log decoded errno, too.
This can help debugging certain firewall misconfigurations more easily.
- Undoing a wordwrap in configure.ac allows for bootstrapping on Cygwin.
- Drop obsolete mysetvbuf().
- leafnode-version now supports an additional "-v" mode to print more
information on the installation. The output then is similar, but not
identical - due to different feature sets - to the way leafnode-2 prints it.
- Add some comments to UNINSTALL-daemontools
- Put README-FQDN* under leafnode's license. Found to be in conflict with
Debian's DFSG by Mark Brown.
* Sat Jul 30 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- resurrect package from discontinued 11.1
- move make check to %check section to fix rpmlint warning
- adjust %install section to not clean out doc_german too much to make %check work
- adjust %files section to name files in doc_german individually
- add %config to config.example to fix rpmlint warning
* Thu May 08 2008 email@example.com
- add an example crontab to fetch news every hour (bnc #382542)
* Wed Apr 09 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- leafnode does not remove old news threads without cron which is
not installed by default now
* Tue Jun 05 2007 email@example.com
- add leafnode-1.11.6-spooldir-permissions.diff, bug 273929
- add some tricks to get the package past the rpmlint censors
* Wed Mar 21 2007 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.11.6:
* do not delete articles if References: lines are malformatted
* fix compilation with SGI IDO cc
* reject *.site fqdn.
* documentation fixes
* support autoconf 2.60, fixing datarootdir-related warnings
* Tue Nov 07 2006 email@example.com
- fixed use of RPM_OPT_FLAGS
* Mon Sep 04 2006 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.11.5:
* applyfilter overhaul
* fetchnews: Keep non-expiring groups (negative groupexpire date)
active, even if they expired upstream. sf.net bug#1230256
* some loglevel adjustments
* fetchnews: Do not mark the active for refetch when the failed
server has "noread" set or fetchnews is in -P (post only) mode.
* fetchnews: Skip to next server if posting fails.
* fetchnews: Don't POST if the server goes away after STAT.
* various documentation fixes
- clean up pakaged documentation
* Wed Jan 25 2006 email@example.com
- converted neededforbuild to BuildRequires
* Fri Jan 20 2006 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don't strip binaries.
* Fri Oct 28 2005 email@example.com
- work around strange behaviour of "mkdir -p .../."
* Mon Jun 13 2005 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 1.11.3.rel (fixes bug #88489 and #83355)
* Thu Sep 02 2004 email@example.com
- Remove update messages, since the versions that could trigger
them haven't been in the distribution since +2 years [#44363]