* Mon Apr 23 2018 email@example.com
- update to version 3.6.1
+ Faster saving when many files are unchanged.
+ Do not change file extension when creating file name from
+ Support for cross building.
+ Parsing of xid atom with Mp4v2Metadata plugin.
+ Scroll to opened file after sorting file list.
+ Avoid recursion when automatically applying format.
* Mon Mar 19 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 3.6.0
+ New look for Android app using Qt Quick Controls 2.
+ Editor for star ratings, configurable mapping between rating
values and number of stars.
+ Option to restrict length of file names.
+ Option to show hidden files in file and directory lists.
+ Support adding unknown 4 letter atoms to M4A files.
+ Allow Camelot wheel value 1A-12A, 1B-12B for initial key.
+ Windows: Renaming directories which contain subfolders.
+ Adding and finding unified frames by their frame ID.
+ Deletion of M4A atoms which are not known or which have an
unofficial free form prefix.
+ Support files with m4v extension.
* Tue Oct 31 2017 email@example.com
- update to version 3.5.1
+ Compatibility of imported and exported CSV files with cells
containing new line characters.
+ Do not show unknown frames for ID3v2.3 TDAT, TIME, TYER,
+ Enable high-DPI scaling for Qt >= 5.6.
+ Change AppStream directory from appdata to metainfo.
+ Crash with DSF files having sample rates other than 2822400
* Fri Jun 16 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 3.5.0
+ Tags which violate the ID3v2 standard are marked.
+ Filter for marked files.
+ Configurable keyboard shortcuts for user actions.
+ Set and get frame fields from scripts and CLI.
+ Select a subset of frames for copy, paste, remove from
scripts and CLI.
+ Set and get multiple frames of the same kind from scripts
+ Support field names in export and filter expressions.
+ Support xid and ownr atoms in M4A files.
+ Danish translation.
+ Better performance when files are added to selection.
+ The script actions in the file list context menu only
operate on selected files.
+ Only jump to tagged files with previous/next in GUI.
+ Show passed/total after "filtered" in title bar.
+ kid3-cli can run from a console without GUI/X11.
+ Adding and deleting tag 3 frames from CLI.
+ Deletion of multiple METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE picture frames.
+ Wrong depth 32 instead of 24 stored in
+ Use Ogg/Vorbis Comment field name setting also for Opus
* Fri Feb 24 2017 email@example.com
- update to version 3.4.5
+ Settings to include and exclude folders in the file list.
+ Use HTTPS for imports where possible.
+ Much faster expanding of the file list by avoiding GUI
updates during the operation.
+ Faster filtering by avoiding GUI updates during the
+ Reduced memory usage when filtering.
+ Updated Czech and Dutch translations.
+ Import from MusicBrainz.
+ Rate limit for import from Discogs.
+ Do not display multiple frames of same type as different.
+ Application not responsive when using a new filter after
filtering a huge number of files.
+ Application not responsive when loading the tags after
selecting a lot of files, is now abortable.
+ Terminate kid3-cli if EOF is received.
* Fri Dec 23 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 3.4.4
+ If the first command line argument is "--portable",
the configuration is stored in a file kid3.ini in the
+ Image data can be copied to clipboard.
+ MPRIS2 D-Bus interface for the audio player.
+ "Import CSV" can import to different files if no matching
file paths found.
+ Importing of durations from text formats (file/clipboard).
+ Building with Chromaprint 1.4.
* Fri Dec 02 2016 email@example.com
- update to version 3.4.3
+ The RIFF track field name is configurable (IPRT, ITRK, TRCK)
for better interoperability.
+ The RIFF chunk name for ID3v2 tags in WAV files is configurable
(ID3, id3) for better interoperability.
+ ID3v2 tags in WAV files can have version 2.3.0 or 2.4.0.
+ Support new classical music frames introduced with iTunes 12.5.
+ Use the last sort order and column for the file list on startup.
+ Display expected ID3v2 version if no ID3v2 tag exists yet.
+ Tag 3 can be addressed in kid3-cli by number "3".
+ Support translated display frame names in kid3-cli.
+ Avoid crash when pictures in FLAC files are empty or too large.
* Tue Nov 29 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expand macro kde4_runtime_requires only when its available
to fix quilt setup
* Thu Aug 25 2016 email@example.com
- update to version 3.4.2
+ Embed Lyrics works again with makepersonal.co and
+ Do not add an empty frame when deleting a non existant frame
+ Support setting multiple frames of the same type with
+ Allow editing of quick access frames which are not yet present
in the file.
+ Reset shortcuts and appearance configuration when the defaults
are restored in the settings.
+ Do not show any disabled tag values in the Tag 1 section
for files which do not support an ID3v1 tag.
+ Set the file filter for the file list in the file settings,
not with the filter used in the open dialog.
+ Disable the global app menu on Ubuntu's Unity desktop.
- Removed conditional 'ffmpeg' because the required libraries are
available in OBS.
- Added %bcond 'build_qt5' to build against qt5 for openSUSE > 13.2
and SLE (inclusive Leap 42.x).
- Added %bcond 'build_kde' to build against kde4/kf5 for all
distributions except SLE 12 (on PMBS kid3 can be successfully
build without KDE frontend).
- Deleted devel files libkid3-*.so because they are not needed and
- Removed unneeded buildrequires libtunepimp-devel and changed some
buildrequires to pkgconfig() and cmake().
- Add gpg signature as source (file kid3-3.4.2.tar.gz.asc).
- Added buildrequires hicolor-icon-theme, needed by post(un)
- Small changes in options for cmake, enabled build of QML and
added build/install for SLE 12 (only components QT and CLI).
- Removed manual installation on manpage for kid3 as it's installed
during build process.
- Moved kid3 manpages from package kid3 to package kid3-core,
manpages kid3-cli and kid3-qt are only symlinks and require
* Mon Aug 08 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove duplicate and misplaced cmake flag to enable ffmpeg
* Thu Jul 28 2016 email@example.com
- Convert BuildRequires libchromaprint-with-ffmpeg to pkgconfig
* Mon Jul 25 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build with ffmpeg unconditionally
* Thu Jun 23 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.4.1
- Upstream changes:
+ Avoid wrong marking of ID3v2 Date frames as modified.
+ Enable setting M4A, Vorbis date with ISO date/time also when no
+ Support more than two tags for MP3 files with ID3v1, ID3v2 and APE
tags, FLAC files with ID3v1, ID3v2 and Vorbis tags.
+ Support RIFF INFO tags in WAV files.
+ Filename to tag format can be defined as a regular expression with
+ Perl regular expressions with Qt 5.
+ Import from tags is also available from CLI, QML and D-Bus.
+ Help for editing synchronized lyrics.
+ Handle redirects when downloading.
+ KDE 5: Jumping to a specific help topic.
+ Enable setting ID3v2.4 date with ISO date/time also when no tag
+ Crash when writing to a FLAC file which cannot be opened.
* Sat Apr 16 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use pkgconfig instead of libffmpeg-devel
* Tue Mar 15 2016 email@example.com
- Update to Release 3.3.2
- Upstream changes:
+ Setting for text encoding used in playlists and exports.
+ Support removing tags in MPC, WavPack with TagLib 1.11.
+ Stripping of ID3v2 tags from WAV files with TagLib 1.11.
+ Adapted to Discogs server update.
* Wed Dec 23 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added conditional for kf5 to build in openSUSE:Leap:42.1
* Thu Dec 17 2015 email@example.com
- update to version 3.3.1
+ Package for Android.
+ Support setting of data in GEOB frames from CLI and scripts.
+ Icons for high pixel density displays.
+ Trim values from tags in format strings to avoid whitespace when
setting file names from tags.
+ Updated Czech translation.
+ List picture in get command of kid3-cli also if its description
+ Set configured text encoding in picture frames.
+ Make file renaming work when saving non writable files.
+ Use high resolution icon in task switcher.
+ Avoid cropping in picture preview window on high pixel density
* Thu Oct 01 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.3.0.
- Upstream changes:
Make order of quick access frames configurable.
Support separators and submenus in user action context menu.
Restore defaults button in settings dialog.
CSV import from multiple directories.
Support for lyrics.wikia.com in embed lyrics script.
Support for chapter and table of contents audiobook frames.
Mac, Windows: Support for podcast frames.
Display user friendly names for all supported frames.
Updated Czech translation.
Change file permissions in the case of modified file names.
Wrong and missing translations.
Removing ID3v1 genre with id3lib.
KDE5:Name filters used in file dialogs, blocking file dialogs.
KDE5: Invoking help in settings dialog.
KDE4: Build with kdelibs-4.14.11.
Qt5.5: Spurious popping up of download dialog.
Do not abort build if qmlplugindump cannot be started.
* Wed Jun 10 2015 email@example.com
- Combine the kid3 and kid3-kf5 packages in a single spec-file and
build the KF5 based version for openSUSE > 13.2
* Sat Apr 18 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Renamed kf5-kid3 to kid3-kf5