* Tue Dec 12 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 3.0.0
* XSL debugging support is no longer maintained and is now deprecated.
* Ported to KDE Frameowork 5
* The memory dump window shows an ASCII representation when the display
is set to "hexadecimal"
* The displayed memory dump is extended automatically when the window is
scrolled to the end of the currently visible dump
* Source code tab windows can be closed with a close button
* When the current line is updated due to a debugger step command, it is
centered in the window
* Group headers in the Registers window use the available window width.
* Tue Aug 15 2017 email@example.com
- Update to 2.9.1:
- Display QString values in programs based on Qt5.
- Show truncated structure values in the popup of the Expression window.
* Bug fixes
- Fix that the View menu entries can show and hide docking windows.
* Sat Jan 21 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 2.9.0:
- A brand new application icon.
- There is now a command to detach from a program being debugged.
Thanks to Daniel Black.
- Pointing on a variable shows a value in a popup in more cases.
Thanks to Max Tomilov.
- C++11 keywords are highlighted. Thanks to Michael Hansen.
* Bug fixes
- Line breaks of status bar messages produced by GDB are now trimmed
to avoid that the text is only visible partially. Fix by Gilles Allard.
- (Action and application) icons are installed in an application neutral
location because the launcher menu of modern KDE desktops does not show
the icon otherwise.
- Fixed a typo in the pretty-printer of std::vector<>.
- Drop susepatches.diff, applied upstream
* Thu Dec 08 2016 email@example.com
- Revert kde4_runtime_requires change
* Tue Nov 29 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expand macro kde4_runtime_requires only when its available
to fix quilt setup
* Sun Oct 23 2016 email@example.com
- Update to 2.5.6:
* A popup shows the complete value of variables.
* The values printed by GDB for uninitialized references and
pointer-to-member variables no longer truncate the variable list.
* A few more C++ keywords are now highlighted.
* The CMakeLists.txt file was adjusted for newer cmake.
- Removed fix-build-with-cmake-3_4_3.diff, it's no longer necessary
* Wed Feb 24 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add fix-build-with-cmake-3_4_3.diff. Include the files containing
the functions used by the CMake code.
* Tue Mar 03 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 2.5.5:
* A crash when the hotkey settings are changed was fixed.
* The animation button was regenerated to avoid a crash with modern Qt.
Thanks to Armin Felder for the initial fix.
* Pretty-printers and GDB Python extensions were disabled, because they
would interfere with the output parser.
* Recent GDBs do not terminate on receipt of SIGTERM, keeping KDbg
running for 20 seconds. This was fixed.
* Tue Dec 03 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- use png_fix_dir macro [bnc#852862]
* Mon Nov 11 2013 email@example.com
- Update to 2.5.4:
* Source file names with international characters are handled better.
* When an executable is loaded, GDBs of different vintage print different
text, some of which were treated as error text incorrectly, leading to
failed debugging sessions. More of these texts are now ignored.
* Variables pointing to some global variable lacked the ability to be
expanded with recent GDBs.
* Parsing of string values residing in global variables was fixed.
- Removed opensuse-gdb.diff, it's included upstream now
* Wed Apr 03 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- remove debug-run.png icon from package as it is already included
in oxygen-icon-theme. (caused a file conflict)
* Mon Apr 01 2013 email@example.com
- Update to 2.5.3
* Duplicated and <MULTIPLE> breakpoints do not increase the list of
breakpoints each time a session is started
* Communication with a localized GDB works; this is achieved by setting
LC_ALL=C, which is also propagated to the program being debugged. If
the program needs a different locale, set it in Execution->Arguments,
* Fixed a crash in the memory window
* Updates of the Russian and Croatian translations.
* Sun Jan 06 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- adapt opensuse-gdb.diff to slightly different gdb output in case of
a missing debuginfo-package on 12.3
* Wed Nov 07 2012 email@example.com
- Update to 2.5.2
- Support for GDB 7.5.
- More of GDB's output is recognized in some corner cases
- The thread list parser introduced in 2.5.1 sometimes stripped two letters
from the function name.
- Added opensuse-gdb.diff: ignore messages about debuginfo-packages from
openSUSE's gdb (bnc#784634)
* Tue Apr 03 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 2.5.1
- .hpp files undergo syntax highlighting.
- Keys j and k can be used to move the cursor position in the source code.
- Cooperation with newer GDB (7.2 and 7.3) is improved:
* wchar_t strings as printed by GDB 7.2 are recognized;
* the thread list was missing with GDB 7.3;
* program exit was not detected (also GDB 7.3).
- Enum values in anonymous namespaces are now recognized.
* Sat Oct 08 2011 email@example.com
- Moved all documentation to the documentation package
(fix for RPMLINT warning)
- Cleaned up spec file formatting
* Thu Sep 22 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seperate doc package & fix build
* Wed Sep 21 2011 email@example.com
- 2.5.0 release:
* This release is based on KDE4 and Qt4.
- A number of icons were exchanged with Oxygen icons. These are
not part of KDbg's source code.
- Session state per debugged program is now stored in a section
in $KDEHOME rather than in a .kdbgrc file in the program's
directory. This allows to debug programs that are located in
unwritable directories. But this also means that earlier
session information is disregarded.
- More accurate parsing of GDB responses of various commands
fixed bugs in certain areas, in particular, temporary
breakpoints, register values, truncated struct values,
- "View Code" from the breakpoint list can open the source code
in more cases.
* Thu Jul 08 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2.2.2 bugfix release:
* An error message was shown instead of assembler code when
gdb 7.1 was used.
* Sun Apr 11 2010 email@example.com
- 2.2.1 bugfix release:
* A crash could occur when the variable window was updated.
* A crash when command line switch -a was used together with a
non-existing executable name.
* Syntax highlighting was applied to all files, not just C/C++.
* The display was incorrect when a file was reloaded that had
disassembly lines visible.
* Some minor documentation fixes.