* Wed Feb 28 2018 email@example.com
- Modernize spec-file by calling spec-cleaner
* Sun Nov 05 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.4:
+ Fix data being incorrectly read from sensors due to a naively
broken compilation fix.
+ Support Geoclue running as a different user than "geoclue".
- Drop patches incorporated upstream:
(also drop BuildRequires on autotools and a run of autoreconf
in the build stage that this patch necessitated).
* Sat Oct 28 2017 email@example.com
- Add iio-sensor-proxy-revert-cast-align-warnings-arm-fix.patch
Revert "iio-buffer-utils: Fix cast-align warnings on ARM"
because it caused rotations on all devices to have undefined
values; patch taken from upstream (boo#1061190,
- Add relevant package Group for both iio-sensor-proxy
(System/Monitor) and iio-sensor-proxy-doc (Documentation/HTML).
* Fri Sep 22 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.3:
+ Ensure API documentation is in tarball.
+ Remove workaround for long-standing kernel bug (fixed in 4.13).
+ Ignore accelerometers which are part of gaming devices.
+ Warning fixes.
handle geoclue2 service running as srvGeoClue user, add
Requires user(srvGeoClue) and add automake/ autoconf as
- Use pregenerated API documentation and drop
BuildRequires on gtk-doc.
* Sun Jul 09 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 2.2:
+ Fixes iio-sensor-proxy not receiving udev events because of
the excessive lockdown added in version 2.1.
+ Fixes a possible crash on startup due to a race condition.
* Thu Feb 02 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.1:
+ This release fixes a security problem that will affect services
other than iio-sensor-proxy, that have a system D-Bus
+ Make D-Bus policy rules only affect SensorProxy itself.
+ Lockdown service through systemd.
+ Fix startup problem on machines with a Compass device.
- Do not use systemd macros for iio-sensor-proxy.service, they are
not designed for dbus systemd unit file.
- Add iio-sensor-proxy-rpmlintrc, silence the unwarranted rpmlint
warnings now produced.
* Mon Dec 12 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 2.0:
+ This release adds build fixes, fixes the detection of a number
of devices that should be supported, stops trying to use
devices that shouldn't, and adds support for the "mount-matrix"
property, which can be used to fix the orientation of
accelerometers on devices where the default does not work.
+ Add support for ACCEL_MOUNT_MATRIX udev property.
+ Fix startup failure on certain devices.
+ Work-around possible kernel bug on certain devices.
+ Better supported/unsupported sensors detection.
+ Better debug output.
- Drop iio-sensor-proxy-delay-starting-daemon.patch: Fixed
- Pass --disable-gtk-tests to configure, we do not need the sample
* Tue Nov 22 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add iio-sensor-proxy-delay-starting-daemon.patch: Add artificial
delay before starting daemon to prevent failure to work right
off a cold boot; patch taken from upstream git
* Wed Oct 12 2016 email@example.com
- Small packaging cleanup, add explicit pkgconfig BuildRequires.
* Mon Sep 26 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add gtk-doc BuildRequires and pass --enable-gtk-doc to configure.
Split out a new doc subpackage.
- Stop passing --disable-silent-rules to configure and V=1 to make,
we do debugging locally.
* Sun Sep 25 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.3:
+ Build fixes.
+ Fixes accelerometer unit scaling.
+ Really fixes regression with the IIO accelerometer in kernel
4.8 that was supposed to be fixed in version 1.2.
* Tue Sep 06 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.2:
+ This release mainly adds better debug output, and updated
testing instructions in the README.
+ Fix regression with IIO accelerometer in kernel 4.8.
+ Fix possible crash in compass handling.
- Update Source Url.
* Wed Jan 20 2016 email@example.com
- Drop rpmlintrc file; this was needed because iiio-sensor-proxy
installs a dbus service that was so far unauthorized, but this
has now been cleared by the Security team (bnc#939191).
* Tue Jul 28 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.1:
+ Add support for Compasses (only accessible to GeoClue).
+ Fix service not starting in a number of cases.
+ Fix excessive CPU usage monitoring light sensors on Macs.
+ Support light sensors on some Samsung laptops.
+ Fix incorrect sensor readings on some devices due to unit
* Sat Jun 27 2015 email@example.com
- Add missing rcsymlink.
* Sat May 23 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.0, this replaces udev "accelerometer"
tool and udev rules.
* Sat Sep 27 2014 email@example.com
- initial package version