* Fri May 15 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 2.8.102
* Improved HTTP digest authentication plugin to cover
additional HTTP methods.
* Thu Apr 09 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 2.8.101
* Fix read beyond end-of-buffer in soap_accept
* Other unspecified improvements
- Drop gs99-overrun.diff
* Wed Apr 08 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 2.8.100
* Improved proxy connectivity on the client side to handle bearer
* Improved soapcpp2 handling of the `#module` directive.
* Fixed an MTOM flag clearing issue hampering MTOM usability.
- Add gs99-overrun.diff
* Wed Mar 18 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 2.8.99
* Improved performance of the soapcpp2 tool.
* Improved proxy connectivity on the client side with
`soap::proxy_host`, `soap::proxy_port`, and NTLM, to maintain
HTTP headers, e.g. `soap::http_content` and
* Fixed a bug in HTTP cookie handling when the optional
`-DWITH_COOKIES` flag is used. Note that cookie support is
disabled by default or has no effect when deploying robust
services with the gSOAP Apache modules and ISAPI extensions
that handle cookies differently.
* Sun Feb 23 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 2.8.98
* Updated the WS-Security and WS-Trust APIs that use SAML with
higher precision timestamps in microseconds, using the
`custom/struct_timeval.h` serializer for `xsd__dateTime`. The
WS-Security and WS-Trust updates require compiling and
linking with `custom/struct_timeval.c`.
* Fixed an issue with soapcpp2 code generation of `wchar_t*`
serializers when combined with a custom serializer with base
type `wchar_t*`, i.e. when `extern typedef wchar_t* name` is
* Fixed an issue with soapcpp2 code generation when an element
tag names starts with an underscore and the element is
* Sun Jan 12 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Temporarily work around -fno-common build failure [boo#1160267].
* Wed Jan 08 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 2.8.97
* Fixed wsdl2h processing of schemas with a cyclic schema
`<xs:include>` that may cause wsdl2h to hang when schemas
have no `targetNamespace` attribute.
* Improved wsdl2h code generation of unqualified types and
names defined in imported schemas (with `<xs:import>`) when
these schemas have no `targetNamespace`. Use wsdl2h option
`-z10` or lesser to revert to the code generation behavior of
versions prior to 2.8.97.
* Thu Dec 12 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 2.8.96
* Improved `soap_check_mime_attachments()` and
`soap_recv_mime_attachment()` functions and documentation,
ensure proper close when MIME/MTOM errors occur.
* Tue Nov 19 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 2.8.95
* Upgraded smdevp.c to replace deprecated OpenSSL API function.
* Updated WS-Security WSSE plugin, documentation, and demo.
* Improved soapcpp2 execution speed to generate WSDL and
* Fri Oct 18 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 2.8.94
* Fixed a wsdl2h issue that caused it to omit names for local
simpleType restrictions in the generated `enum` types of
struct/class members; improved soapcpp2 to avoid `enum`
symbol numbering clashes in the generated source code.
* Removed unnecessary namespace prefixes from some class/struct
members in the source code generated by wsdl2h in a specific
case, to prevent XML validation issues.
* Added wsdl2h option `-z9` for backward compatibility of
2.8.94 and greater to versions 2.8.93 and lesser, which
reverts the namespace change.
* Thu Sep 26 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 2.8.93
* Fixed a wsdl2h schema import/include issue when a `./` occurs
in schemaLocation` and schema import/include dependencies are
cyclic, causing wsdl2h to not be able to locate and read
* Removed empty substitutionGroup and duplicate
substitutionGroup elements in wsdl2h-generated
* Tue Sep 17 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 2.8.92
* Fixed soapcpp2-generated call to `soap_DELETE` for REST
* Thu Aug 15 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to new upstream release 2.8.91
* Correction to fix soapcpp2 2.8.90 `-z#` flag enforcement
- Removed revert-z.diff (solved upstream)
* Wed Aug 14 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to new upstream release 2.8.90
* Internal changes related to gsoap's own build only.
- Add revert-z.diff to counter a regression in handling the
soapcpp2 "-z" option introduced in 2.8.89.
* Sun Aug 11 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to new upstream release 2.8.89
* Added wsdl2h option `-X` to do not qualify part names in
order to disambiguate document/literal wrapped patterns (as
the other choice to disambiguate instead of the default
qualification with schema namespaces).
* Added wsdl2h option `-z8` for backward compatibility with
2.8.74 and earlier: don't qualify part names to disambiguate
doc/lit wrapped patterns and revert to the old wrapper
class/struct naming used for `xs:anyType` inheritance.
* Wed Jun 26 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to new upstream release 2.8.87
* Added `soap::connect_retry` to specify a number of retries at
the client side when connecting to a server fails, with
exponential backoff of 2^n seconds between retries.
Zero by default, meaning no retries.
* Added `soap::client_addr_ipv6` to optionally specify a IPv6 or
host address to bind to at the client side, when the
destination is a IPv6 server. Otherwise uses
`soap::client_addr` to bind.
* Wed Jun 26 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to new upstream release 2.8.86
* Added `soap::client_addr` string to specify a IPv4 or IPv6 or
a host address to bind to before connecting. This can be used
at the client side to bind to an address before connecting to
a server endpoint, similar to `soap::client_port`.
* Fixed wsdl2h compilation issue with C++17.
* Fixed a problem with the `SOAP_SSL_DEFAULT` settings
parameter used with `soap_ssl_client_context` and
`soap_ssl_server_context` that may lead to a weaker setting
* Thu May 16 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to new upstream release 2.8.84
* Unspecific minor fixes.
* Tue Apr 23 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to new upstream release 2.8.83
* Added wsdl2h optimization options `-Ow2`, `-Ow3`, and `-Ow4`
to optimize the generated source code by schema slicing,
while retaining all derived extensions of base types.
* Added wsdl2h option `-Q` to make `xsd__anySimpleType` equal
to `xsd__anyType` to use as the base type for derived types,
so that elements of type `xsd:anySimpleType` can be
serialized with a derived type, using inheritance in C++ and
by using simulated inheritance in C using wsdl2h option `-F`.
* Updated wsdl2h options `-p` and `-F` to generate additional
wrappers for primitive types that aren't XSD primitive types,
such as `SOAP-ENC:base64`.
* Improved wsdl2h output for the infrequently-used
* Fixed an issue with soapcpp2 option `-A` that resulted in
error 13 `SOAP_NO_METHOD`.
* Fri Mar 15 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to new upstream release 2.8.82
* Minor fixes and improvements not specified further in detail.