* Fri Feb 23 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.8.0:
+ No new API, this cycle, but it's time to spin a new stable
+ The major news for this release is that we dropped the
Autotools build from the repository; Graphene is now built
exclusively with Meson.
+ We've added various fixes to the build on macOS, in order to
maintain compatibility with the old Autotools build.
+ The variables in the pkg-config file that expose the SIMD
functionality built inside Graphene have been updated, to
ensure that they can be easily consumed by other projects;
instead of a single string that needs to be split, we now
expose boolean variables for all SIMD implementations.
+ We've also improved the ability to use Graphene as a Meson
sub-project; this allows Meson to check out, build, and depend
on Graphene when building complex projects, like GTK. This is
really useful inside CI pipelines, as it minimises the amount
of separate steps needed when setting up the build.
- Update options passed to meson, following upstream changes:
gtk_doc=true, gobject_types=true, introspection=true,
gcc_vector=true, sse2=true, arm-neon=true, tests=true and
* Thu Feb 22 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.6.2:
+ Mostly fixes for the Meson build, to ensure it's a bit more
idiomatic and conforms to what newer versions of Meson expect
from a project.
- Do a minor spec clean, use autosetup and license macros.
- Stop exporting LANG=C.UTF-8, fixed upstream.
- Stop exporting i586 conditional SUSE_ASNEEDED=0, fixed upstream.
- Pass explict enable-gtk-doc=true, enable-gobject-types=true,
enable-sse2=true and enable-arm-neon=true to meson, ensure we
build the features we want.
- Following the above, add gtk-doc BuildRequires and package the
now built documentation in devel subpackage.
- Stop using sed to ensure we are using python3, fixed upstream.
- Add fdupes BuildRequires and macro, remove duplicate files.
* Wed Nov 29 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Switch to python3:
+ Update the shebang in src/identfilter.py using sed.
+ Replace --identifier-filter-cmd=python in src/meson.build with
- -identifier-filter-cmd=python3 (using sed).
+ Add python3-base BuildRequires: needed to have the python3
* Wed Aug 09 2017 email@example.com
- on i586, disable sse2 for the moment, otherwise the package
fails in the testsuite on the "box" test
* Sat Mar 04 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.6.0:
+ The Meson dependency has been bumped to 0.37.0.
+ Added graphene_frustum_equal() method.
+ Dropped the -Denable-debug option for the Meson build;
debugging levels are handled through the --buildtype Meson
option; you can use release to disable all debugging code paths
when building Graphene.
+ Graphene now automatically builds binaries for Windows (i686
and x86_64) using Appveyor; you can find the builds attached to
the release notes.
* Tue Feb 28 2017 email@example.com
- Add baselibs.conf: produce libgraphene-1_0-0-32bit, required by
* Wed Jan 11 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.5.4:
+ For the time being and after requests from distributors, the
autotools build environment has been reinstated in Git, though
Meson is still the preferred build environment; I still expect
to drop the autotools build in the near future.
+ Graphene now correctly identifies whether the platform has an
aligned memory allocator.
+ Compatibility fixes for printing int64_t to terminal.
+ Fixed the cross-references to GLib types in the API reference
+ Improve the builtin detection in the Meson build and the build
of Graphene under MingW.
- Switch to github url, gnome url is currently broken.
- Pass export LANG=C.UTF-8, workaround meson issue.
- Drop sed call to workaround Mesa issue.
* Tue Dec 06 2016 email@example.com
- Use meson provided macros to build instead of carrying the long
meson command lines.
* Mon Nov 28 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trim description outside the main subpackage of interest;
* Thu Nov 24 2016 email@example.com
- Initial package, version 1.5.2.