* Thu Oct 26 2017 email@example.com
- Update to go1.8.5
go1.8.5 (released 2017/10/25) includes fixes to the compiler,
linker, runtime, documentation, go command, and the crypto/x509
and net/smtp packages. It includes a fix to a bug introduced in
Go 1.8.4 that broke go get of non-Git repositories under certain
conditions. See the Go 1.8.5 milestone on our issue tracker for
* Sat Oct 21 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Install $GOROOT/lib packages, to include upstream files such as the timezone
* Thu Oct 05 2017 email@example.com
- Update to go1.8.4
go1.8.4 (released 2017/10/04) includes two security fixes. It
contains the same fixes as Go 1.9.1 and was released at the same
time. See the Go 1.8.4 milestone on our issue tracker for
* net/smtp: fix PlainAuth to refuse to send passwords to non-TLS
servers (CVE-2017-15042, bsc#1062087)
* cmd/go: arbitrary code execution during ?go get? or ?go get -d?
* Mon Sep 18 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rename to go1.8
* Tue Sep 05 2017 email@example.com
- Fixed incorrectly ghosted files
* Thu Aug 31 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- add fix-sanitizer-build-against-latest-glibc.patch which fixes
the sanitizer built against certain glibc versions
* Wed Aug 09 2017 email@example.com
- go-race: add compiler-rt TSAN binary, necessary for the race detector builds
to work. This requires building compiler-rt from source (becuase upstream Go
stores precompiled binaries in the tree, and we cannot use them). In
addition, a %check was added purely to ensure that we don't install the wrong
version of compiler-rt. boo#1052528
- go-rpmlintrc: add some entries to address the .syso additions.
* Fri Jul 21 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove ruby requirement. golang-macros are not ruby anymore, plus
this requirement should have been in the golang-packaging package
* Fri Jul 07 2017 email@example.com
- Simplify all the "ifdef suse_version" by removing versions which
have reach eol (13.* 42.1 sle11*)
* Thu Jul 06 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add gcc6-go.patch for sle12 and leap42.x and use binutils-gold
except for s390x/s390
Remove gcc5-go.patch cause we use gcc6 for sle12 and leap42.x and
gcc7 for newer versions (factory)
* Sun Jun 18 2017 email@example.com
- build with binutils-gold on aarch64, which is hardcoded to
be used for shared linking due to bugs in BFD binutils
* Fri Jun 02 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build with gcc-7 on Tumbleweed
+ Add gcc7-go.patch
* Mon May 29 2017 email@example.com
- Minor update to go1.8.3
* go1.8.2 (released 2017/05/23) includes a security fix to the
crypto/elliptic package (CVE-2017-8932, bsc#1040618).
* go1.8.3 (released 2017/05/24) includes fixes to the compiler, runtime,
documentation, and the database/sql package.
* Thu May 11 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enable gccgo with gcc-6 for SLE12
* Wed May 03 2017 email@example.com
- fix update-alternatives usage. This way, we can either use go1.7 or
go 1.8 without having to change the docker spec file or any other
package that requires go 1.7 but it will require go 1.8 in the
* Thu Apr 27 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to go1.8.1
Most of its changes are in the implementation of the toolchain, runtime, and
libraries. There are two minor changes to the language specification. As
always, the release maintains the Go 1 promise of compatibility. We expect
almost all Go programs to continue to compile and run as before.
The release adds support for 32-bit MIPS, updates the compiler back end to
generate more efficient code, reduces GC pauses by eliminating stop-the-world
stack rescanning, adds HTTP/2 Push support, adds HTTP graceful shutdown, adds
more context support, enables profiling mutexes, and simplifies sorting
more at: https://golang.org/doc/go1.8
* Wed Apr 26 2017 email@example.com
- Remove mercurial build dependency. Mercurial is a version control
system, like git. We are not using this in the build service to
get the sources.
- Do not set GOBIN. If GOBIN is unset, by default go assumes GOPATH/bin.
This way, the user can change GOPATH without the need to change GOBIN.
* Thu Apr 13 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- minor update to go1.7.5 because this is required by
* go1.7.1 (released 2016/09/07) includes fixes to the compiler, runtime,
documentation, and the compress/flate, hash/crc32, io, net, net/http,
path/filepath, reflect, and syscall packages.
See the Go 1.7.1 milestone on our issue tracker for details:
* go1.7.2 was not released. No changelog.
* go1.7.3 (released 2016/10/19) includes fixes to the compiler, runtime,
and the crypto/cipher, crypto/tls, net/http, and strings packages.
See the Go 1.7.3 milestone on our issue tracker for details:
* go1.7.4 (released 2016/12/01) includes two security fixes.
See the Go 1.7.4 milestone on our issue tracker for details:
* go1.7.5 (released 2017/01/26) includes fixes to the compiler, runtime,
and the crypto/x509 and time packages.
See the Go 1.7.5 milestone on our issue tracker for details:
* Fri Mar 31 2017 email@example.com
- Add a patch to bump _MaxGomaxprocs so that things like Docker and k8s can run
properly on NUMA machines. Don't bump this number too high. bsc#1028865
* Fri Dec 30 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- set libdir for s390x in go.sh