* Mon Mar 11 2019 Marcus Rueckert <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- bump the package only to 1.12 for distros where this actually
* Mon Mar 11 2019 Jeff Kowalczyk <email@example.com>
- go1.12 (released 2019/02/25) includes changes in the implementation of the
toolchain, runtime, and libraries. As always, the release maintains the Go 1
promise of compatibility. Upstream expects almost all Go programs to continue
to compile and run as before.
* GO111MODULE=on enables module-aware operations outside of a module directory
* GODEBUG=tls13=1 enables opt-in support for TLS 1.3 in the crypto/tls package
per RFC 8446. Will be default in go1.13.
* trace tool now supports plotting mutator utilization curves, including
cross-references to the execution trace. These are useful for analyzing the
impact of the garbage collector on application latency and throughput.
* arm64 assembler platform register renamed from R18 to R18_PLATFORM
* improvements to gc
* race detector is now supported on linux/arm64
* cgo is now supported on linux/ppc64
* go1.12 is the last release that will support binary-only packages.
* Thu Jan 24 2019 Jeff Kowalczyk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- go1.11.5 (released 2019/01/23) security release fixes CVE-2019-6486 (bsc#1123013).
* go#29903 crypto/elliptic: CPU DoS vulnerability affecting P-521 and P-384
* Sat Dec 15 2018 Jeff Kowalczyk <email@example.com>
- go1.11.4 (released 2018/12/14) includes fixes to cgo, the compiler, linker,
runtime, documentation, go command, and the net/http and go/types packages.
It includes a fix to a bug introduced in Go 1.11.3 that broke go get for
import path patterns containing "...". See the Go 1.11.4 milestone on our
issue tracker for details.
* go#29272 misc/cgo/test: issue24161 tests broken on Darwin
* go#29248 cmd/go: "go get" fails on import path patterns with wildcards ("...")
* go#29191 cmd/go: symbolic links not dropped from repo
* go#29112 cmd/link: too many open files on high object-count dependencies
* go#28974 cmd/go: need to backport relaxing of go.mod go verb constraints to 1.11 series
* go#28972 go/types: problem with alias type
* go#28916 cmd/cgo: nested structure has too much alignment padding
* go#28799 runtime: fatal error: out of memory on reslice with negative index
* go#28752 reflect: scanning invalid return slots during a makeFunc call
* go#28725 cmd/go: panic when argument doesn't match any packages
* go#28694 cmd/compile: inline multiplication corrupts an argument on arm
* go#28690 runtime: ThreadSanitizer CHECK failed
* go#28673 x/net/http2: Transport is leaking streams on broken Body
* go#28617 cmd/compile: panic during fuse with if true block containing a goto and a return
* go#28586 cmd/compile: go binaries not working on exynos 64 bit CPUs
* go#27395 cmd/cgo: typedef pointer arguments regression
* go#27383 cmd/compile: failure on a function type alias
* Thu Dec 13 2018 Jeff Kowalczyk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to Go 1.11.3 (released 2018/12/13). This includes fixes to
the crypto/x509 and cmd/go packages. See the Go 1.11.3 milestone
on upstream tracker for details:
* bsc#1118897 CVE-2018-16873
go#29230 cmd/go: remote command execution during "go get -u"
* bsc#1118898 CVE-2018-16874
go#29231 cmd/go: directory traversal in "go get" via curly braces in import paths
* bsc#1118899 CVE-2018-16875
go#29233 crypto/x509: CPU denial of service
* Upstream is aware of a functionality regression in "go get" when
executed in GOPATH mode on an import path pattern containing "..."
(e.g., "go get github.com/golang/pkg/..."), when downloading
packages not already present in the GOPATH workspace. This is go#29241
and will be resolved in the next minor patch release go-1.11.4
* Tue Nov 13 2018 Aleksa Sarai <email@example.com>
- Revert golang(API) removal since it turns out this breaks >= requires in
certain cases. Instead we recommend that folks set Prefer: go in all of their
* Sat Oct 06 2018 Jeff Kowalczyk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 1.11.1:
* includes fixes to the compiler, documentation, go command, runtime,
and the crypto/x509, encoding/json, go/types, net, net/http and reflect
* bad walkinrange rewrites on constant above 2**63
* function compiled without bounds checking and -1 index access
* missing bounds checks in 1.11
* panic in cmd/compile/internal/gc.typecheck1
* race detector detects race with close(chan) and len(chan)
* 'go test -gcflags=all=-l' appears not to disable inlining
* GOMIPS environment variable does not affect caching of mipsle code
* TestScript/mod_install_versioned consistently failing on macOS High Sierra
* build fails when setting linker to lld using ldflags
* go list -json -compiled -test -e upspin.io/test fails with non-zero exit status
* GOFLAGS environment variable not in 1.11 release notes
* downloads page claims that Go 1.11 supports unsupported operating systems Documentation
* empty fields in json.UnmarshalTypeError
* assertion failure setting up composite literal with incomplete element type
* some facts are missing after an error
* WASM Roundtripper crash when using "no-cors" mode
* LookupTXT bug
* empty DNS answers should fail fast
* testSpliceReaderAtEOF closed connection: got err = splice: invalid argument
* MethodByName().Interface() leads to fatal error: sweep increased allocation count
* invalid pointer found on stack
* timeouts in os/signal tests
* Fri Sep 28 2018 Jeff Kowalczyk <email@example.com>
- Fix stray 1.10 version reference preventing 1.11 only package solutions
* Wed Sep 26 2018 Jeff Kowalczyk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 1.11:
* Most of its changes are in the implementation of the toolchain,
runtime, and libraries. As always, the release maintains the
Go 1 promise of compatibility. We expect almost all Go programs
to continue to compile and run as before.
* For more details check: https://golang.org/doc/go1.11
- Use gcc8 instead of gcc7 for Factory/Tumbleweed.
- Update compiler-rt TSAN binary: the precompiled versions of
LLVM's compiler-rt has updated to commit
fe2c72c59aa7f4afa45e3f65a5d16a374b6cce26 in go1.11 source.
- Remove patch:
* fix-sanitizer-build-against-latest-glibc.patch: upstream fixed.
- Add patch:
* gcc8-go.patch: use gcc8 instead of gcc7 for Factory/Tumbleweed.
* Wed Oct 31 2018 Aleksa Sarai <email@example.com>
- Remove golang(API) provides, since the go<ver> packages now provide this and
providing it here causes issues when building under SLE12 (not to mention
being confusing -- since golang(API) is used to pin versions). boo#1114209
* Mon Aug 27 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.10.4:
* go1.10.4 (released 2018/08/24) includes fixes to the go command,
linker, and the net/http, mime/multipart, ld/macho, bytes, and
strings packages. See the Go 1.10.4 milestone on our issue
tracker for details.
* Sun Jun 10 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version1.10.3:
* go1.10.3 (released 2018/06/05) includes fixes to the go command,
and the crypto/tls, crypto/x509, and strings packages. In particular,
it adds minimal support to the go command for the vgo transition.
See the Go 1.10.3 milestone on our issue tracker for details.
* Thu May 17 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.10.2:
* includes fixes to the compiler, linker, and go command.
- Changes in version 1.10.1:
* includes fixes to the compiler, runtime, and the archive/zip,
crypto/tls, crypto/x509, encoding/json, net, net/http, and net/http/pprof packages.
- Changes in version 1.10:
* This release improves caching of built packages, adds caching of successful
test results, runs vet automatically during tests, and permits passing string
values directly between Go and C using cgo. A new compiler option whitelist may
cause unexpected invalid flag errors in code that built successfully with older releases.
* Tue Feb 13 2018 email@example.com
- Provide golang(API) = 1.9, so that this symbol can be required
and provided, as preferred one, by the unversioned go package.