* Mon Dec 11 2017 email@example.com
- update to 4.64:
* The dual simplex solver routine was changed to perform more
aggressive perturbation to prevent dual degeneracy and avoid
stalling even if the current dual basic solution is strongly
feasible (mainly if the objective is zero)
* The exact simplex solver routine was changed to perform
terminal output according to the verbosity level (specified by
the control parameter smcp.msg_lev)
* A minor bug (related to MS Windows version) was fixed
* An example model (Graceful Tree Labeling Problem) in MathProg
* Three example models (Power plant LP scheduler, Neumann CA
grid emulator generator) in MathProg and one in Cplex LP format
* Mon Jul 31 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 4.63:
* A "smart" LP perturbation was implemented in the primal and
dual simplex solvers.
* The long-step technique was implemented for phase I of the
primal simplex solver.
* An internal objective scaling was included in both primal and
ual simplex solvers.
* The Posix version of glp_time (glpk/src/env/time.c) was changed
to resolve time_t issue on msys2.
* Three new example models in MathProg were added.
* Changes for version 4.62:
* The bound perturbation technique was included in the primal
simplex solver to improve numerical stability and avoid
* A range bug was fixed in the MPS reading routine.
* Changes were made to provide 64-bit portability of the Minisat
* Calls to non-thread-safe functions gmtime, strerror, and strtok
were replaced by calls to corresponding thread-safe equivalents
* Mon Jan 23 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 4.61:
* An option was added to build a re-entrant version of the
package suitable for running in a multi-threaded environment.
* A re-entrant version of the package allows running multiple
independent instances of glpk in different threads of a
- Use savannah as source for gpg keyring
* Fri Apr 01 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 4.60
* src/glpk.h Declarations of all non-documented API routines were
hidden by #ifdef GLP_UNDOC / #endif.
* src/simplex/spydual.c An experimental feature (objective
coefficient perturbation) to improve numerical stabilty and
avoid cycling was included in the dual simplex solver.
- Enable gmp support
* Sun Mar 13 2016 email@example.com
- Update to 4.59
* Some bugs were fixed and some improvements were made in the
* The data file format used by API routines glp_read_graph and
glp_write_graph was changed. For more details please see the
document "GLPK: Graph and Network Routines" included in the
* Translation of the document "Modeling Language GNU MathProg"
to Brazilian Portuguese (pt-BR) was included (in LaTeX and pdf
* Fri Feb 19 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 4.58
* The solution file format used by API routines glp_read_sol,
glp_write_sol, glp_read_ipt, glp_write_ipt, glp_read_mip, and
glp_write_mip was changed. For more details please see the GLPK
reference manual included in the distribution.
* The tan function (trigonometric tangent) was added to GNU
MathProg modeling language.
* A new version of the document "Modeling Language GNU MathProg"
in Spanish was included (in LaTeX and pdf formats).
* A check to determine if libtool needs '-no-undefined' flag to
build shared libraries on some platforms was added.
* A script to regenerate the configure script and the Makefiles
* Sun Nov 08 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 4.57
* A new, more efficient implementation of the dual simplex method
was included in the package. This new implementation replaces
the old one, which was removed.
* Option sr_heur was added to struct glp_iocp to enable/disable
the simple rounding heuristic used by the MIP solver. Thanks to
Chris Matrakidis <firstname.lastname@example.org> for suggestion.
* New API routine glp_at_error was added and documented. Thanks
to Jeroen Demeyer <email@example.com> for suggestion.
* Some minor typos were corrected in the GLPK documentation.
Thanks to Anton Voropaev <firstname.lastname@example.org> for typo
* An example application program TSPSOL was added. It uses the
GLPK MIP optimizer to solve the Symmetric Traveling Salesman
Problem and illustrates "lazy" constraints generation. For more
details please see glpk/examples/tsp/README.
* Fri Oct 02 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 4.56
* A new, more efficient and more robust implementation of the
primal simplex method was included in the package. This new
implementation replaces the old one, which was removed.
* A bug was fixed in a basis factorization routine. (The bug
appeared if the basis matrix was structurally singular having
duplicate row and/or column singletons.) Thanks to Martin Jacob
* Scripts to build GLPK with Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 were
added. Thanks to Xypron <firstname.lastname@example.org> for contribution
- Cleanup spec file with spec-clener
* Wed Nov 12 2014 email@example.com
- Update to version 4.55
* Bugfixes, documentation update. See NEWS file for details.
* Mon Mar 31 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 4.54
* Block-triangular LU-factorization was implemented to be used
on computing an initial factorization of the basis matrix.
* A new version of the Schur-complement-based factorization
module was included in the package. Now it can be used along
with plain as well as with block-triangular LU-factorization.
* The API routine glp_read_mps was changed to remove free rows.
* etc. see NEWS for details
* Tue Dec 10 2013 email@example.com
- enable tests
* Wed Aug 07 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 4.52.1
* Version linkage information in the shared library was incorrect
- Set RPM groups according to common practice
- Do optional signature verification
* Thu Jul 25 2013 email@example.com
- use -fno-strict-aliasing to avoid warnings in minisat.c
- don't use dvipdf, docs are in pdf in 4.52
* Thu Jul 25 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 4.52 (see NEWA for details):
* Some bugs were fixed. Thanks to
Giorgio Sartor <email@example.com>,
David T. Price <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* The clique cut generator was essentially reimplemented, and now
it is able to process very large and/or dense conflict graphs.
* Singleton and dense phases were implemented on computing
LU-factorization with Gaussian elimination.
* A new version of LU-factorization routines were added.
* The new API routine glp_mincost_relax4, which is a driver to
relaxation method of Bertsekas and Tseng (RELAX-IV), was added
to the package.
* All old API routines whose names begin with 'lpx_'
were removed from API level and NO MORE AVAILABLE.
* Wed Mar 27 2013 email@example.com
- updated to 4.48:
* This is a maintainer release.
* Some minor changes in API (glpk.h) were made. For details
please see ChangeLog.
* Some bugs/typos were fixed. Thanks to
Raniere Gaia Costa da Silva,
Heinrich Schuchardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>, and
Robbie Morrison <email@example.com> for reports.
* Thu Dec 06 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove redundant tags/sections from specfile
- Parallel build with %_smp_mflags
- Avoid manual library dependencies; make doc subpackage noarch
* Mon Oct 31 2011 email@example.com
- updated to 4.47 (see NEWS)
* Tue May 24 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 4.45 (see NEWS)
* Thu Aug 19 2010 email@example.com
- updated to 4.44 (see NEWS)
* Mon Mar 15 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 4.43 (see NEWS)