* Thu May 07 2020 Peter Simons <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Drop obsolete %setup hack to work around a missing Setup.hs file.
New ghc-rpm-macros do this automatically.
* Wed Nov 13 2019 email@example.com
- Update pandoc-types to version 1.20.
* Change all uses of String in type definitions to strict Text
(Christian Despres) [API change]. The MetaValue instances using String
have been kept, and parallel ones using Text were added.
* Remove the Arbitrary Text orphan instance (Christian Despres).
This instance should not have been in the Text.Pandoc.Arbitrary, since
it would have been exported with the rest of the instances in that
module. Instead, more shrink* functions were added to compensate for
the absence of this instance.
* Add Text.Pandoc.Legacy.Definition (Christian Despres).
To ease the transition to Text, this module provides an interface
compatible with the String one, so that any unqualified imports of
Text.Pandoc.Definition in other packages can be replaced by
Text.Pandoc.Legacy.Definition without other code changes. This is done
Some of the constructors of the types Meta, MetaValue, Block, Inline,
Format, and Citation required PatternSynonym handling. The Attr and
Target types had to be redefined, and certain functions had to be
rewritten to handle String or the old Attr and Target types in this
module. This module otherwise exports the definitions in
This is not a perfect drop-in replacement, since some imports like
Inline(..) will no longer work. This may also cause incomplete pattern
warnings when used, since the coverage checker does not seem to be
aware of PatternSynonyms.
* Add Text.Pandoc.Legacy.Builder (Christian Despres).
Like Text.Pandoc.Legacy.Definition, this modules provides a
compatibility interface while the transition to Text takes
place. Unlike that module, this module only requires redefining the
ToMetaValue and HasMeta classes and a few functions so that they use
the old types. No PatternSynonyms are required.
* Change Semigroup/Monoid instance for Meta.
Previously `<>` was left-biased, so if meta1 and meta2 both
contained a field 'foo', the value from meta1 would be retained
in `meta1 <> meta2`, and the value from meta2 ignored.
This is counterintuitive and doesn't work well with pandoc;
for example, we want to be able to override a value in an
earlier `--metadata-file` with a later one on the command line.
It also makes the behavior of metadata more like other
things (such as reference links, where later definitions
take precedence over earlier ones).
Note that this change may break some current workflows,
if one is relying on metadata fields that occur later in
a document to be overridden by those occurring earlier.
* Fri Nov 08 2019 Peter Simons <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Drop obsolete group attributes.
* Wed Sep 25 2019 email@example.com
- Update pandoc-types to version 126.96.36.199.
* Relax version bound for string-qq.
* Sat Aug 24 2019 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update pandoc-types to version 1.17.6.
* Walk: export walk and query helpers (Albert Krewinkel) [API change].
The `walk*M` and `query*` functions are helpful when defining new
* Allow QuickCheck 2.13.
* Document meaning of Int in ListAttributes (#45).
* Update copyright year spans to include 2019 (Albert Krewinkel).
* Remove CPP instructions for GHC versions < 7.10 (Albert Krewinkel).
* update list of GHC versions used for testing (Albert Krewinkel).
* Fix compiler and hlint warnings (Pete Ryland).
* Tue Jun 11 2019 Peter Simons <email@example.com>
- Update Cabal file for more accurate build dependencies.
* Sun Mar 31 2019 Peter Simons <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update build instructions to allow latest version of QuickCheck.
* Mon Oct 29 2018 email@example.com
- Update pandoc-types to version 188.8.131.52.
* Put NFData in scope for ghc < 7.10.
* Reduce deepseq lower bound for ghc < 7.10.
* Mon Oct 22 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update pandoc-types to version 184.108.40.206.
* For ghc < 7.10, constrain deepseq-generics to >= 0.2, which no
longer exprots NFData from deepseq. Add deepseq dependency.
* Sat Oct 20 2018 email@example.com
- Update pandoc-types to version 220.127.116.11.
* Bump upper bound for deepseq-generics, QuickCheck, criterion.
* Implement QuickCheck shrinking for Inlines and Blocks (Alexander Krotov).
* Wed Jul 18 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cosmetic: replace tabs with blanks, strip trailing white space,
and update copyright headers with spec-cleaner.
* Fri Jul 13 2018 email@example.com
- Update pandoc-types to version 18.104.22.168.
* Declare the ToMetaValue instance for String as OVERLAPPING (#46).
* Bump upper bounds for aeson, base.
* Allow building on older ghc versions (George Wilson).
* Text.Pandoc.Arbitrary: generate SoftBreaks and LineBreaks
* Pad table rows up to maximum row length, to guarantee that
all rows have the same number of columns
(see jgm/pandoc#4059, Francesco Occhipinti).
* Make String an instance of ToMetaValue (Alexander Krotov).
* Mon May 14 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update pandoc-types to version 22.214.171.124 revision 1.
* Import Semigroups when needed rather than using CPP.
* Bump criterion upper bound.
* Add Semigroup instances for Pandoc, Meta, Inlines, Blocks
(if base >= 4.9). This is needed for the library to compile
with ghc 8.4.
* Bumped criterion upper bound.
* Bumped upper bounds for criterion and QuickCheck.
* Added Walkable instances for `[Inline] Inline` and `[Block] Block`.
* Provide default implementation for walk (Albert Krewinkel).
The implementations for `walk` and `walkM` are very similar, so a
default method is provided which implements the former in terms of the
latter. This change should not affect performance, as the `Identity`
functor, which is used in the default definition, is a newtype that
should be eliminated at compile time. (This requires a dependency
on transformers for ghc 7.8.x.)
* Force optimizations when compiling Walk module (Albert Krewinkel).
* Add `Applicative m` to the context of walkM (Albert Krewinkel).
The acceptance of AMP makes this a natural change.
* Add `Walkable [Block]` and `Walkable [Inline]` instances (Albert
* Factored out duplicate code in Walk.
* Added benchmark.
* Text.Pandoc.JSON: Use `walk` instead of `bottomUp` in the
`ToJSONFilter` instance for `a -> [a]`. Note that behavior will be
slightly different, since bottomUp's treatment of a function `[a] -> [a]`
is to apply it to each sublist of a list, while walk applies it only to
maximal sublists. Usually the latter behavior is what is wanted, and the
former can be simulated when needed. But there may be existing filters
that need to be rewritten in light of the new behavior.
* Better consistency in simpleTable and table (jgm/pandoc#3648).
If `headers` is empty, we populate it with empty cells, using the rows
to determine number of columns. We also ensure that there are numcols
alignments and column widths.
* Make sure Div and Span occur in Arbitrary instances.
* Bump dependency upper bounds.
* Removed unused mapConst.
* Thu Aug 03 2017 email@example.com
- Updated with latest spec-cleaner version 0.9.8-8-geadfbbf.
* Mon Jun 19 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 126.96.36.199 revision 4.
* Mon Apr 24 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 188.8.131.52 revision 3 with cabal2obs.
* Wed Mar 22 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 184.108.40.206 revision 2 with cabal2obs.
* Thu Mar 02 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 220.127.116.11 revision 1 with cabal2obs.
* Sun Feb 12 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 18.104.22.168 with cabal2obs.
* Sun Aug 21 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 22.214.171.124 revision 0 with cabal2obs.
* Thu Feb 11 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.16.1
* Export pandocTypesVersion from Text.Pandoc.Definition.
* Sat Jan 23 2016 email@example.com
- update to 126.96.36.199
* Added Attr field to Image and Link.
* Added SoftBreak constructor to Inline
* Sun Sep 27 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 188.8.131.52
* Sun Jul 19 2015 email@example.com
- update to 184.108.40.206
* Mon Jun 08 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 220.127.116.11
* Sun May 31 2015 email@example.com
- change license file to COPYING
* Sun May 31 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- change license file to COPYING
* Thu Apr 23 2015 email@example.com
- update to 18.104.22.168
* Thu Mar 27 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Correct package license
* Thu Mar 13 2014 email@example.com
- update to 22.214.171.124
* Tue Dec 31 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.12.3
- needed for pandoc 126.96.36.199
* Sun Dec 29 2013 email@example.com
- merged d:l:haskell changes
* Mon Oct 21 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- merged defattr change from d:l:h
* Sun Sep 29 2013 email@example.com
- update to 1.12.1
* Tue May 14 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- new cabal-rpm spec file template
* macros not spanning multiple spec file sections
* Fri Jan 25 2013 email@example.com
- update to 1.10 from upstream
- part of pandoc 1.10 release
* Tue Jun 05 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- cabal2spec 0.25.5 template for spec file
* Tue Mar 13 2012 email@example.com
- rpmlint: filter debuginfo warning
* Mon Mar 12 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- upgrade to 1.9.1 from upstream
* Wed Jan 18 2012 email@example.com
- initial packaging for Fedora automatically generated by cabal2spec-0.24.1