* Sun May 06 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Move scheme code common to gattrib, gnetlist, gschem and utils
from gschem subpackage to new geda-base subpackage.
- Remove conditionals for deprecated distributions
* Sat Feb 10 2018 email@example.com
- Limit descriptions to the package, fix some typos here and there.
- Remove redundant %clean section.
* Sat Feb 03 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add patch fix-gxyrs-utility.patch to fix the failed unittest
when building for factory
* Tue Mar 03 2015 email@example.com
- Fix desktop menu categories
* Wed Nov 12 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add geda-gaf-rpmlintrc to source list
* Sat Nov 08 2014 Led <email@example.com>
- fix bashisms in post/postun scripts
* Wed Oct 02 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.8.2
* Fixed a libgeda crash bug involving nets inside symbols.
* Fixed a gnetlist data corruption bug when using refdes
containing the string "POWER".
* Updates to build system to allow compilation from git on systems
with Automake >= 1.13.0.
* Mon Jul 29 2013 email@example.com
- Fix build for Factory
* Fri Jan 04 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Change documentation license to GFDL-1.2
- Add geda-gaf package for consolidation of installation
* Thu Dec 27 2012 email@example.com
- Delete "guile" from requires
- Delete compitation time from binary
- Enable post build tests
- Split libgeda data to separate package
* Mon Dec 24 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.8.1
* 'gschem' and 'gnetlist' have updated and rewritten user guides.
* All tools now give more informative error messages if they are
unable to load schematic or symbol files due to syntax errors.
* All tools now correctly handle schematic and symbol files with
'\r', '\n', or '\r\n' line endings, or a mixture.
* Unconnected pin ends and net ends are now all drawn with the
same box marker in `gschem' and printed output.
* Net segments with at least two connections (including indirect
connections via `netname=' attributes) are now drawn with
arrowheads rather than box markers on dangling ends in 'gschem'
and printed output.
- Set correct path to documentation
* Fri Aug 31 2012 email@example.com
- fix build for 12.2 with patch0
* Tue Dec 27 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to unstable version 1.7.1
- fixes BUG #738587
* Sun Nov 20 2011 email@example.com
- linker flag fix (-lm) for openSuSE 12.1
* Sun Jan 16 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- new version 1.6.2
* Fri Feb 26 2010 email@example.com
- new version 1.6.1
* Sat Oct 10 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- first build of unified geda-gaf package version 1.6.0
* Tue Mar 31 2020 Wojciech Kazubski <email@example.com>
- fixed source URL
* Wed Feb 26 2020 Wojciech Kazubski <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Updated to release 1.10.0
- General changes
* Added the library "xornstorage" and the Python package "gaf" as a
(currently quite minimal) way to access gEDA/gaf functionality from
outside of gschem. These are on the long term intended to replace
libgeda, making the core gEDA/gaf functionality available as a
library to both gschem and other applications.
* Added command-line tool `xorn' for low-level schematic and symbol
* The symbol directories "gnetman", "verilog", and "vhdl" are now
installed to the new location PREFIX/share/gEDA/extra-sym/. This
allows adding the default library with "component-library-search".
* The directory to which gEDA programs write log transcripts can be
changed by setting the environment variable `GEDALOG' (the default
* Numerous ixed bugs.
- gschem changes
* Tool windows are now "dockable", i.e., they can be either used as
modal/non-modal dialogs or docked to the edges of the main window.
* The action mechanism used for menu items, tool buttons, and key
bindings has been redesigned.
* The menus, toolbar, and keymap have been revamped to more closely
resemble the "standards" for a desktop application. Some actions
have been assigned more accessible or memorable keys.
* Attaching and detaching attributes now work as expected:
* Fixed "Lock Component" and "Unlock Component"
* Added new color schemes
* Symbol editing has been improved:
* Added support for back-annotation from pcb-rnd.
* Double-clicking a subschematic component enters the subschematic.
* Right-clicking in path mode works as expected.
* Pins are allowed to have zero length.
* "File / Revert" only asks for confirmation if the file has been
* The "repeat" function of the middle mouse button now evaluates
actions at the current mouse position.
* Mouse gestures work properly again.
* Added new mouse gestures for page navigation:
- swiping left goes to the previous, swiping right to the next page
- swiping right and then down enters a subschmatic
- swiping left and then down enters a symbol
- swiping up and sideways (in any combination) goes back to the
* The coordinate dialog has been replaced with an option to display
the coordinates in the status bar.
* Added further menu items:
- "Add / Last Component" (A C)
- "Object / Toggle Text Overbar" (T O)
- "View / Show Menubar" (V M)
- "View / Show Toolbar" (V T)
- "View / Show Scrollbars" (V S)
- "Tools / Select Locked Objects" (T L)
* Fixed various issues related to undo/redo:
- gnetlist changes
* Refactored gnetlist:
- Netlist backends can also be written in Python.
- When reading broken schematics and/or symbols, gnetlist doesn't
silently fail or produce bad output any more.
- In case there should be any problems with the refactored codebase,
the "old" gnetlist is still available as "gnetlist-legacy".
* There are new semantics for power and I/O port symbols.
* Hierarchical schematics can now use a simple form of parametrization
where the instantiating component contains an attribute of the form
`param=NAME=VALUE' and some attribute value in the subschematic
contains the pattern `$(NAME)', which will be replaced with `VALUE'.
* Duplicate I/O ports in subschematics and duplicate I/O pins in
subschematic symbols are now treated correctly.
* Added a netlist backend for pcb-rnd's tEDAx format.
* Added backends which dump the netlist in various generic formats.
- For more detailed information see NEWS file.
- patch #2: fix-gxyrs-utility.patch removed (applied upstream)
- patch #4: geda-gaf-enable-guile-2.2.patch removed (applied upstream)
- patch #5: xorn-enable-guile-2.2.patch added to build xorn with guile
2.2 on Factory / Tumbleweed
- patch #6: geda-gaf-enable-guile-2.0.patch added to revert changes
introduced by upstreaming patch #4 (used for older releases)
- patch #7: geda-gaf-fix-uninitialized-variable.patch added on
Tumbleweed to prevent build failing with latest gcc
- Removed requirement for geda-xgsch2pcb - now PCB can directly import
* Wed Jul 31 2019 email@example.com
- Prevent conflict of libgeda42-data and libgeda45-data:
* Rename package with unversioned files to libgeda-data.
* Move versioned lang files to libgeda45.
- Process with spec-cleaner.
* Fri Mar 22 2019 Jonathan Brielmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 1.9.2:
* Guile 2.0 or newer is now required
* `gpstoimage' has been removed from the distribution; equivalent
functionality is provided by the `gaf' command.
* `convert_sym.awk' has been removed from the distribution; equivalent
functionality is provided by the `convert_sym' command.
* New scheme procedures and hooks have been added
* Removal of some scripts and programs
* Updated translations
* Various bugfixes
For more details see: /usr/share/doc/packages/geda-gaf/NEWS
- New subpackages:
- Add patches:
* geda-gaf-disable-failing-tests.patch: disable failing tests
* geda-gaf-enable-guile-2.2.patch: enable guile-2.2 on Factory/TW
- Increase version of libgeda to 45
- Install more languages files
- Add and remove files for packages where necessary
- Remove unnecessary requires on libgeda, which are found by rpm
- Update source link
- Improve phrasing in summaries
- Fixes boo#1117307: geda-gaf now requires at least guile-2.0 and
seems to work also with guile-2.2
- Remove deprecated defattr statements
- Use license and doc macro