* Mon Jun 20 2016 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 2.8.0
* Added `ApsisMonoid`, `CrossedApsisMonoid`,
* Wed Jun 08 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 2.7.4
* This is a minor release to fix some manual examples, to correct
the package url in the `PackageInfo.g` file, and to fix some
issues with semigroups of bipartitions. It was formerly
possible to create semigroups of bipartitions where the
generators had different degrees, but the created semigroups
were invalid; this is fixed in version 2.7.3.
* Require GAP 4.8.3 since the function `IsZeroSimpleSemigroup`
entered an infinite loop for some examples of semigroups of
* Sat Mar 12 2016 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 2.7.2
* `IsomorphismReesZeroMatrixSemigroup` is introduced, and it is no
longer possible to apply `IsomorphismReesMatrixSemigroup` to a
* The meaning of `IsMonoidAsSemigroup` was changed to be consistent
with the meaning of `IsGroupAsSemigroup`. In earlier versions,
`IsMonoidAsSemigroup` was `false` for semigroups in the category
* `IsInverseSemigroup` sometimes returned true for semigroups
which were not inverse
* Sun Feb 22 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 2.2
* New: the functions SmallestElementSemigroup,
LargestElementSemigroup, and GeneratorsSmallest.
* Some minor corrections were made to the methods for creating the
ideals of some semigroups in standard examples semigroups, such
* Fri Dec 12 2014 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 2.1.1
* extensive new features for computing with elements and
subsemigroups of the partition monoid.
* support for ideals of transformation, partial permutation, and
bipartition semigroups, and subsemigroups of Rees 0-matrix
* The new operations IsomorphismSemigroups, IsIsomorphicSemigroup,
* The new operation MaximalSubsemigroups, which returns the maximal
subsemigroups of an arbitrary semigroup.
* The new operation Normalizer for computing a subgroup of a
permutation group consisting of those permutations that stabilise,
under conjugation, a transformation, partial perm, or bipartition
* The new operation CharacterTableOfInverseSemigroup for finding the
character table of an inverse semigroup of partial permutations.
* Methods for defining and manipulating the congruences of a Rees
* The operation EndomorphismsPartition that returns the monoid
of endomorphisms preserving a partition. This monoid is defined
using the minimum possible number of generators.
* A lot more, see the detailed changelog in the package.
* Tue Feb 04 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.4
* Package rename from citrus to semigroup. The package has been
completely overhauled, the performance has been improved, and the
code has been generalized so that in the future the same code can
be used to compute with other types of semigroups.
* This release includes several new methods for inverse semigroups
of partial permutations and for free inverse semigroup. Most
notably among the new methods for inverse semigroups of partial
permutations are: "SmallerDegreePartialPermRepresentation" and
"VagnerPrestonRepresentation" for changing the representation of
an inverse semigroup of partial permutations.
* The methods in Semigroups have been extended to apply to
arbitrary subsemigroups of regular Rees 0-matrix semigroups over
* A new method for MaximalSubsemigroups of Rees matrix semigroup
has been implemented;
* The function Read/WriteSemigroups have been renamed
Read/WriteGenerators and their performance has been improved. It
is now possible to use WriteGenerators to write to a gzipped file.
* Fri May 10 2013 email@example.com
- Split citrus (version 0.9999) off the gap RPM package