* Wed Jan 03 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.0
* Support layouts for read and erase commands
* New command line switch --noverify-all (-N) allows flashing of
individual regions without reading the whole flash chip
(particular useful with locked down Intel ME firmware)
* New command line switch --ifd to read the layout from an
Intel Firmware Descriptor on flash
* We got rid of the delay-loop calibration (if the OS provides an
accurate timer through clock_gettime())
* Reading speed of USB programmers should have increased (reading
bigger chunks at once, we reduce the overhead)
* Support Intel 100 series PCHs (Sunrise Point, coupled with
Skylake and Kaby Lake) and C620 series PCHs (Lewisburg paired
with Workstation/Server versions of the former)
* New programmers
+ Intel 100 series / C620 series PCHs
+ Intel I210 NICs (EEPROM and SPI)
+ AMD Merlin Falcon (FP4)
* New chips
- Specfile cleanup
- Verify source signature
* Wed Apr 26 2017 email@example.com
- Enable build for ARM
* Tue Jul 26 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.9.9
* Enable the dediprog module by default, add support for Dediprog
SF600 and the new communication protocol of the SF100 with
* Add support to update the firmware of Promise UltraATA
* Support new programers: WCH CH341A, VIA VT8251
* Support new chips:
+ ESI ES25P40, ES25P80, ES25P16
+ GigaDevice GD25VQ41B, GD25Q128C, GD25VQ21B, GD25VQ40C,
GD25VQ80C and GD25VQ16C, GD25LQ40, GD25LQ80, GD25LQ16,
+ PMC Pm25LQ020, Pm25LQ040, Pm25LQ080, Pm25LQ016, Pm25LQ032C
+ Sanyo LE25FU406C/LE25U40CMC
+ SST SST25WF020A, SST25WF040B, SST25WF080B
+ Winbond W29C512A/W29EE512
* Allow to link flashrom statically (with make CONFIG_STATIC=yes)
* Ease debugging of build problems with libraries
* Ignore 0x00 as a flash chip manufacturer ID in the generic
match to avoid ambiguous messages
* Various improvements for serprog-based programmers
* Add support for libftdi1
* Add infrastructure for libusb1 and use it for new programmers
* Rigorously check integrity of I/O stream data
* Add make parameters for easier disabling/enabling of various
classes of programmers
* Fri Apr 03 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 0.9.8
* A bunch of newly supported architectures: ARM 64bit,
big-endian ARM, PowerPC 64bit, SPARC.
* Better support for AMD chipsets in general (speed selection,
more conservative defaults etc.).
* Add new programmer support:
* AMD Yangtze's SPI controller (found in Kabini and Tamesh) as
well as the one in Bolton FCHs (A78, A88X, A77E).
* Intel Silvermont chipsets (Bay Trail, Rangeley and Avoton) and
Wildcat Point (for Broadwell).
* ITE IT8212F parallel programmer as it8212 (found on PCI SATA
* VIA VT6421A LPC programmer as atavia (found on PCI SATA
* EEPROMs on Intel network cards based on the 82580 NIC
* Intel 82599 10 GbE NICs boot PROMs (part of nicintel_spi).
* Microchip PICkit 2
* MSTAR IC ISP protocol (not compiled in by default). Rewrites the
firmware of your screen over VGA/DVI(!).
* Extension of the rayer_spi module to supported various similar
devices (Altera ByteBlasterMV, Atmel STK200/300, Wiggler LPT).
* Switching betweens chips on boards with GIGABYTE's DualBIOS
(using the dualbiosindex programmer parameter).
* Enable fwh_idsel parameter for C-ICH and ICH2/3/4/5 chipsets.
* Finer-grained display of support status used for flash chip
operations, chipsets, mainboards and programmers (new states:
configuration-dependent, not applicable).
* Thu Oct 30 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build Require libusb-devel, fix build in factory
* Thu Oct 30 2014 email@example.com
- update to 0.9.7 r1852.
* Thu Aug 15 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.9.7
+ see http://flashrom.org/Flashrom/0.9.7 for changes
- Use official tarball instead of generated one from svn
- Let RPM strips manpage himself;
- Change Url to real one
* Wed Mar 13 2013 email@example.com
- license update: GPL-2.0
No indication of aggregation
* Tue Mar 05 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update license to new format
* Sun Sep 23 2012 email@example.com
- Update to 0.9.6.1
* Fri Oct 28 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.9.4 r1457.
* Mark several new boards as supported/unsupported
* Fri Oct 14 2011 email@example.com
- update to 0.9.4 r1450.
* support more devices
- Fix update-snapshots script when running svn with locales other
* Tue Oct 04 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update flashrom from 0.9.4-beta to 0.9.4
* Fixes for crashes and corruption in corner cases
* Sun Sep 18 2011 email@example.com
- Apply packaging guidelines (remove redundant/obsolete
tags/sections from specfile, etc.)
* Fri Jun 03 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.9.3 r1322.
* Thu Mar 31 2011 email@example.com
- update to 0.9.3 r1283.
* Thu Dec 09 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.9.3 r1246.
- split package into coreboot-utils and flashrom
- add update-snapshots script
* Wed Sep 02 2009 email@example.com
- Update flashrom to from 0.9.1-rc1 to 0.9.1
* Bug fixes and documentation fixes only
- Update nvramtool to r4625
* Fix HIGH_TABLES
* Install manpage in section 8 instead of section 1
* Mon Aug 24 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update flashrom description
- Add nvramtool description
- Use RPM_OPT_FLAGS, drop custom CFLAGS/LDFLAGS
- Install nvramtool in sbin because it's only usable as root
* Tue Aug 18 2009 email@example.com
- Update flashrom to version 0.9.1-rc1
* Support for more external flashers
* Universal external flasher protocol
* Automatic write/erase verification
* Dozens of added flash chips, chipsets, mainboards
* No root privileges needed for most external flashers
* Improved more verbose user interface
* Speedups: Fast bus type dependent probing, 100x faster write for
* Reliability fixes for buggy hardware, corner case spec