* Tue Nov 07 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove libqt4 from BuildRequires since it's actually only required
by some demos and tests which are simply not built when it's not
available (except on Leap, where libqt4 is required)
* Sat Aug 12 2017 email@example.com
- Use right RPM group.
* Tue Jul 18 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Split documentation into its own -doc package due to size.
* Wed Jul 05 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.3.4:
* Improve speed of Jacobi rotation when mixing complex and real
* Bug 1405: enable StrictlyLower/StrictlyUpper triangularView as
the destination of matrix*matrix products.
* UmfPack support: enable changes in the control settings and add
* Bug 1423: fix LSCG's Jacobi preconditioner for row-major
* Bug 1424: fix compilation issue with abs and unsigned integers
as scalar type.
* Bug 1410: fix lvalue propagation of Array/Matrix-Wrapper with a
const nested expression.
* Bug 1403: fix several implicit scalar type conversion making
SVD decompositions compatible with ceres::Jet.
* Fix some real-to-scalar-to-real useless conversions in
* Fix dense * sparse-selfadjoint-view product.
* Bug 1417: make LinSpace compatible with std::complex.
* Bug 1400: fix stableNorm alignment issue with
* Bug 1411: fix alignment issue in Quaternion.
* Fix compilation of operations between nested Arrays.
* Bug 1435: fix aliasing issue in expressions like: A = C - B*A.
* Fix compilation with gcc 4.3 and ARM NEON.
* Fix prefetches on ARM64 and ARM32.
* Fix out-of-bounds check in COLAMD.
* Few minor fixes regarding nvcc/CUDA support, including bug
* Improve cmake scripts for Pastix and BLAS detection.
* Bug 1401: fix compilation of "cond ? x : -x" with x an
* Fix compilation of matrix log with Map as input.
* Add specializations of std::numeric_limits for Eigen::half and
* Fix compilation of streaming nested Array, i.e.,
cout << Array<Array<>>
* Tue Mar 07 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.3.3:
* Lots of changes. See
- Added new build requirements libboost_headers-devel for
Tumbleweed and boost-devel for openSUSE <= 13.2.
- Rebased 0001-Disable-Altivec-for-ppc64le.patch and
0001-Do-stack-allignment-on-ppc.patch to apply cleanly.
* Wed Jan 04 2017 email@example.com
- Require texlive-dvips during build
* Sun Aug 07 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.2.9:
Main fixes and improvements:
* Improve numerical robustness of JacobiSVD (backported from 3.3)
* Bug 1017: prevents underflows in makeHouseholder
* Fix numerical accuracy issue in the extraction of complex
eigenvalue pairs in real generalized eigenvalue problems.
* Fix support for vector.homogeneous().asDiagonal()
* Bug 1238: fix SparseMatrix::sum() overload for un-compressed
* Bug 1213: workaround gcc linking issue with anonymous enums.
* Bug 1236: fix possible integer overflow in sparse-sparse
* Improve detection of identical matrices when applying a
permutation (e.g., mat = perm * mat)
* Fix usage of nesting type in blas_traits. In practice, this
fixes compilation of expressions such as A*(A*A)^T
* CMake: fixes support of Ninja generator
* Add a StorageIndex typedef to sparse matrices and expressions
to ease porting code to 3.3
* Bug 1200: make aligned_allocator c++11 compatible (backported
* Bug 1182: improve generality of abs2 (backported from 3.3)
* Bug 537: fix compilation of Quaternion with Apples's compiler
* Bug 1176: allow products between compatible scalar types
* Bug 1172: make valuePtr and innerIndexPtr properly return null
for empty sparse matrices.
* Bug 1170: skip calls to memcpy/memmove for empty inputs.
* Bug 1242: fix comma initializer with empty matrices.
* Improves support for MKL's PARDISO solver.
* Fix a compilation issue with Pastix solver.
* Add some missing explicit scalar conversions
* Fix a compilation issue with matrix exponential (unsupported
* Bug 734: fix a storage order issue in unsupported Spline module
* Bug 1222: fix a compilation issue in AutoDiffScalar
* Bug 1221: shutdown some GCC6's warnings.
* Bug 1175: fix index type conversion warnings in sparse to dense
- Removed build requirements gnu-free-fonts and texlive-amsfonts
(not needed anymore).
* Thu Jun 30 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.2.8:
Main fixes and improvements:
* Make FullPivLU::solve use rank() instead of nonzeroPivots().
* Add EIGEN_MAPBASE_PLUGIN
* Bug 1166: fix issue in matrix-vector products when the
destination is not a vector at compile-time.
* Bug 1100: Improve cmake/pkg-config support.
* Bug 1113: fix name conflict with C99's "I".
* Add missing delete operator overloads in
* Fix (A*B).maxCoeff(i) and similar.
* Workaround an ICE with VC2015 Update1 x64.
* Bug 1156: fix several function declarations whose arguments
were passed by value instead of being passed by reference
* Bug 1164: fix std::list and std::deque specializations such
that our aligned allocator is automatically activatived only
when the user did not specified an allocator (or specified the
* Fix BLAS backend (aka MKL) for empty matrix products.
* Bug 1134: fix JacobiSVD pre-allocation.
* Bug 1111: fix infinite recursion in
sparse-column-major.row(i).nonZeros() (it now produces a
* Bug 1106: workaround a compilation issue in Sparse module for
* Bug 1153: remove the usage of __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ to
detect C++11 support
* Bug 1143: work-around gcc bug in COLAMD
* Improve support for matrix products with empty factors.
* Fix and clarify documentation of Transform wrt
* Add a matrix-free conjugate gradient example.
* Fix cost computation in CwiseUnaryView (internal)
* Remove custom unaligned loads for SSE.
* Some warning fixes.
* Several other documentation clarifications.
- Updated build requirement superlu to superlu-devel.
- Added a patch "eigen_pkgconfig.patch" to fix pkg-config file
includedir (taken from Fedora).
- Added a patch "01_install_FindEigen3.patch" to install
FindEigen3.cmake (taken from Fedora).
* Fri Nov 27 2015 Rene.vanPaassen@gmail.com
- Specify eigen header install dir; otherwise the pkgconfig file
defaults to -Iinclude/eigen3
* Mon Nov 16 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.2.7
* Add support for dense.cwiseProduct(sparse).
* Fix a regression regarding (dense*sparse).diagonal().
* Make the IterativeLinearSolvers module compatible with MPL2-only
mode by defaulting to COLAMDOrdering and NaturalOrdering for ILUT
and ILLT respectively.
* Bug 266: backport support for c++11 move semantic
* operator/=(Scalar) now performs a true division (instead of mat*(1/s))
* Improve numerical accuracy in LLT and triangular solve by using
true scalar divisions (instead of mat * (1/s))
* Bug 1092: fix iterative solver constructors for expressions as input
* Bug 1088: fix setIdenity for non-compressed sparse-matrix
* Bug 1086: add support for recent SuiteSparse versions
* Add overloads for real-scalar times SparseMatrix<complex> operations.
This avoids real to complex conversions, and also fixes a compilation
issue with MSVC.
* Use explicit Scalar types for AngleAxis initialization
* Fix several shortcomings in cost computation (avoid multiple
re-evaluation in some very rare cases).
* Bug 1090: fix a shortcoming in redux logic for which
slice-vectorization plus unrolling might happen.
* Fix compilation issue with MSVC by backporting
DenseStorage::operator= from devel branch.
* Bug 1063: fix nesting of unsupported/AutoDiffScalar to prevent
dead references when computing second-order derivatives
* Bug 1100: remove explicit CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX prefix to conform
to cmake install's DESTINATION parameter.
* unsupported/ArpackSupport is now properly installed by make install.
* Bug 1080: warning fixes
- Changes from version 3.2.6
* fix some compilation issues with MSVC 2013, including bugs 1000 and 1057
* SparseLU: fixes to support EIGEN_DEFAULT_TO_ROW_MAJOR (bug 1053), and
for empty (bug 1026) and some structurally rank deficient matrices (bug 792)
* Bug 1075: fix AlignedBox::sample() for Dynamic dimension
* fix regression in AMD ordering when a column has only one off-diagonal
non-zero (used in sparse Cholesky)
* fix Jacobi preconditioner with zero diagonal entries
* fix Quaternion identity initialization for non-implicitly convertible types
* Bug 1059: fix predux_max<Packet4i> for NEON
* Bug 1039: fix some issues when redefining EIGEN_DEFAULT_DENSE_INDEX_TYPE
* Bug 1062: fix SelfAdjointEigenSolver for RowMajor matrices
* MKL: fix support for the 11.2 version, and fix a naming conflict (bug 1067)
* Bug 1033: explicit type conversion from 0 to RealScalar
* Sat Sep 05 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 3.2.5
* Changes with main impact:
+ Improve robustness of SimplicialLDLT to semidefinite problems
by correctly handling structural zeros in AMD reordering
+ Re-enable supernodes in SparseLU (fix a performance
regression in SparseLU)
+ Use zero guess in ConjugateGradients::solve
+ Add PermutationMatrix::determinant method
+ Fix SparseLU::signDeterminant() method, and add a
+ Allows Lower|Upper as a template argument of CG and MINRES:
in this case the full matrix will be considered
+ Bug 872: remove usage of std::bind* functions (deprecated in
* Numerical robustness improvements:
+ Bug 1014: improve numerical robustness of the 3x3 direct
+ Bug 1013: fix 2x2 direct eigenvalue solver for identical
+ Bug 824: improve accuracy of Quaternion::angularDistance
+ Bug 941: fix an accuracy issue in ColPivHouseholderQR by
continuing the decomposition on a small pivot
+ Bug 933: improve numerical robustness in RealSchur
+ Fix default threshold value in SPQR
* Other changes:
+ Fix usage of EIGEN_NO_AUTOMATIC_RESIZING
+ Improved support for custom scalar types in SparseLU
+ Improve cygwin compatibility
+ Bug 650: fix an issue with sparse-dense product and
+ Bug 704: fix MKL support (HouseholderQR)
+ Bug 705: fix handling of Lapack potrf return code (LLT)
+ Bug 714: fix matrix product with OpenMP support
+ Bug 949: add static assertions for incompatible scalar
types in many of the dense decompositions
+ Bugs 957, 1000: workaround MSVC/ICC compilation issues when
using sparse blocks
+ Bug 969: fix ambiguous calls to Ref
+ Bugs 972, 986: add support for coefficient-based product
with 0 depth
+ Bug 980: fix taking a row (resp. column) of a column-major
(resp. row-major) sparse matrix
+ Bug 983: fix an alignement issue in Quaternion
+ Bug 985: fix RealQZ when either matrix had zero rows or
+ Bug 987: fix alignement guess in diagonal product
+ Bug 993: fix a pitfall with matrix.inverse()
+ Bugs 996, 1016: fix scalar conversions
+ Bug 1003: fix handling of pointers non aligned on scalar
boundary in slice-vectorization
+ Bug 1010: fix member initialization in IncompleteLUT
+ Bug 1012: enable alloca on Mac OS or if alloca is defined
+ Doc and build system: 733, 914, 952, 961, 999
- Use cmake macros
- Use url for source
- Cleanup spec file with spec-cleaner
- Remove conditional buildrequires for releases which did not
* Wed Apr 22 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.2.4:
* Fix compilation regression in Rotation2D
* Bug 920: fix compilation issue with MSVC 2015.
* Bug 921: fix utilization of bitwise operation on enums in
* Fix compilation with NEON on some platforms.
From version 3.2.3:
* Enable Mx0 * 0xN matrix products.
* Bug 859: fix returned values for vectorized versions of
exp(NaN), log(NaN), sqrt(NaN) and sqrt(-1).
* Bug 879: tri1 = mat * tri2 was compiling and running
incorrectly if tri2 was not numerically triangular. Workaround
the issue by evaluating mat*tri2 into a temporary.
* Bug 854: fix numerical issue in
SelfAdjointEigenSolver::computeDirect for 3x3 matrices.
* Bug 884: make sure there no call to malloc for zero-sized
matrices or for a Ref<> without temporaries.
* Bug 890: fix aliasing detection when applying a permutation.
* Bug 898: MSVC optimization by adding inline hint to
* Bug 853: remove enable_if<> in Ref<> ctor.
* Bug 894: fix the sign returned by LDLT for multiple calls to
* Fix JacobiSVD wrt underflow and overflow.
* Bug 791: fix infinite loop in JacobiSVD in the presence of
* Fix out-of-bounds memory write when the product of two sparse
matrices is completely dense and performed using pruning.
* UmfPack support: fix redundant evaluation/copies when calling
compute(), add support for generic expressions as input, and
fix extraction of the L and U factors (Bug 911).
* Improve SparseMatrix::block for const matrices (the generic
path was used).
* Fix memory pre-allocation when permuting inner vectors of a
* Fix SparseQR::rank for a completely empty matrix.
* Fix SparseQR for row-major inputs.
* Fix SparseLU::absDeterminant and add respective unit test.
* BiCGSTAB: make sure that good initial guesses are not
destroyed by a bad preconditioner.
* Fix Hyperplane::Through(a,b,c) when points are aligned or
* Fix linking issues in OpenGLSupport.
OS, build system and doc:
* Various compilation fixes including: bug 821, bug 822,
bug 857, bug 871, bug 873.
* Fix many compilation warnings produced by recent compilers
including: bug 909.
* Bug 861: enable posix_memalign with PGI.
* Fix BiCGSTAB doc example.
* Sat Aug 09 2014 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.2.2:
* Relax Ref such that Ref<MatrixXf> accepts a RowVectorXf which can be seen
as a degenerate MatrixXf(1,N)
* Fix performance regression for the vectorization of sub columns/rows of
* EIGEN_STACK_ALLOCATION_LIMIT: Raise its default value to 128KB, make use
of it to assert on maximal fixed size object, and allows it to be 0 to
mean "no limit".
* Bug 839: Fix 1x1 triangular matrix-vector product.
* Bug 755: CommaInitializer produced wrong assertions in absence of
* Add a rank() method with threshold control to JacobiSVD, and make solve
uses it to return the minimal norm solution for rank-deficient problems.
* Various numerical fixes in JacobiSVD, including:bug 843, and the move from
Lapack to Matlab strategy for the default threshold.
* Various numerical fixes in LDLT, including the case of semi-definite
* Fix ColPivHouseholderQR::rank().
* Bug 222: Make temporary matrix column-major independently of
EIGEN_DEFAULT_TO_ROW_MAJOR in BlockHouseholder.
* http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/bz/show_bug.cgi?id=838 Bug 838]: Fix dense
* sparse and sparse * dense outer products and detect outer products from
either the lhs or rhs.
* Make the ordering method of SimplicialL[D]LT configurable.
* Fix regression in the restart mechanism of BiCGSTAB.
* Bug 836: extend SparseQR to support more columns than rows.
* Bug 808: Use double instead of float for the increasing size ratio in
CompressedStorage::resize, fix implicit conversions from int/longint to
float/double, and fix set_from_triplets temporary matrix type.
* Bug 647: Use smart_copy instead of bitwise memcpy in CompressedStorage.
* GMRES: Initialize essential Householder vector with correct dimension.
* Bug 807: Missing scalar type cast in umeyama()
* Bug 806: Missing scalar type cast in Quaternion::setFromTwoVectors()
* Bug 759: Removed hard-coded double-math from Quaternion::angularDistance.
OS, build system and doc:
* Fix compilation with Windows CE.
* Fix some ICEs with VC11.
* Check IMKL version for compatibility with Eigen
* Bug 754: Only inserted (!defined(_WIN32_WCE)) analog to alloc and free
* Bug 803: Avoid char* to int* conversion.
* Bug 819: Include path of details.h file.
* Bug 738: Use the "current" version of cmake project directories to ease
the inclusion of Eigen within other projects.
* Bug 815: Fix doc of FullPivLU wrt permutation matrices.
* Bug 632: doc: Note that dm2 = sm1 + dm1 is not possible
* Extend AsciiQuickReference (real, imag, conjugate, rot90)
- Added metis-devel build requirement for openSUSE > 13.1.
* Thu Jul 31 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Allign the stack on powerpc
- added patches:
* Wed Jul 30 2014 email@example.com
- Disable altivec on ppc64le. eigen3 have no LE altivec inplemented
- added patches:
* Thu Apr 10 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.2.1:
* Eigen2 support is now deprecated and will be removed in version 3.3.
* Bug fix for Ref object containing a temporary matrix.
* Bug 654: Allow construction of row vector from 1D array.
* Bug 679: Support cwiseMin() and cwiseMax() on maps.
* Support conservativeResize() on vectors.
* Improve performance of vectorwise and replicate expressions.
* Bug 642: Add vectorization of sqrt for doubles, and make sqrt really safe
if EIGEN_FAST_MATH is disabled.
* Bug 616: Try harder to align columns when printing matrices and arrays.
* Bug 579: Add optional run-time parameter to fixed-size block methods.
* Implement .all() and .any() for zero-sized objects
* Bug 708: Add placement new and delete for arrays.
* Bug 503: Better C++11 support.
Dense linear algebra:
* Bug 689: Speed up some matrix-vector products by using aligned loads if
* Make solve in FullPivHouseholderQR return least-square solution if there
is no exact solution.
* Bug 678: Fix fullPivHouseholderQR for rectangular matrices.
* Fix a 0/0 issue in JacobiSVD.
* Bug 736: Wrong result in LDLT::isPositiveDefinite() for semi-definite
* Bug 740: Fix overflow issue in stableNorm().
* Make pivoting HouseholderQR compatible with custom scalar types.
* Fix compilation of Transform * UniformScaling
* Fix elimination tree and SparseQR for fat rectangular matrices.
* Bug 635: add isCompressed to MappedSparseMatrix for compatibility.
* Bug 664: Support iterators without operator< in setFromTriplets().
* Fixes in SparseLU: infinite loop, aliasing issue when solving, overflow in
memory allocation, use exceptions only if enabled (bug 672).
* Fixes in SparseQR: reduce explicit zero, assigning result to map, assert
catching non-conforming sizes, memory leak.
* Bug 681: Uninitialized value in CholmodSupport which may lead to incorrect
* Fix some issues when using a non-standard index type (bug 665 and more)
* Update constrained CG (unsupported module) to Eigen3.
OS and build system:
* MacOS put OpenGL header files somewhere else from where we expected it.
* Do not assume that alloca() is 16-byte aligned on Windows.
* Compilation fixes when using ICC with Visual Studio.
* Fix Fortran compiler detection in CMake files.
* Fix some of our tests (bugs 744 and 748 and more).
* Fix a few compiler warnings (bug 317 and more).
* Documentation fixes (bugs 609, 638 and 739 and more).
- Renamed the package from libeigen3-devel to eigen3. Added eigen3-devel
subpackage with the necessary Provides/Obsoletes entries for libeigen3-devel.
* Mon Aug 12 2013 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.2.0:
* See http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=ChangeLog#Eigen_3.2.0 for
- Removed eigen-3.1.2-remove-include-of-removed-header-file.patch (fixed
* Sun May 19 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.1.3:
* Bug 526 - Fix linear vectorized transversal in linspace.
* Bug 551 - Fix compilation issue when using EIGEN_DEFAULT_DENSE_INDEX_TYPE.
* Bug 533 - Fix some missing const qualifiers in Transpose
* Fix a compilation with CGAL::Gmpq by adding explicit internal:: namespace
when calling abs().
* Fix computation of outer-stride when calling .real() or .imag().
* Fix handmade_aligned_realloc (affected conservativeResize()).
* Fix sparse vector assignment from a sparse matrix.
* Fix log(0) with SSE.
* Fix bug in aligned_free with windows CE.
* Fix traits of Map<Quaternion.
* Fix a few warnings (507, 535, 581).
* Enable SSE with ICC even when it mimics a gcc version lower than 4.2
* Workaround gcc-4.7 bug #53900 (too aggressive optimization in our alignment
* Tue Feb 12 2013 email@example.com
- Add eigen-3.1.2-remove-include-of-removed-header-file.patch
* Backport 6f233061d009cdb9e79a5201e02599a72ec249c1 from upstream
* Allow SparseCore to be included without compiler error
* Sun Nov 25 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.1.2:
* Bug 524 - Pardiso's parameter array does not have to be aligned!
* Bug 521 - Disable __cpuidex on architectures different that x86 or x86-64
* Bug 519 - AlignedBox::dim() was wrong for dynamic dimensions.
* Bug 515 - Fix missing explicit scalar conversion.
* Bug 511 - Fix pretty printers on windows.
* Bug 509 - Fix warnings with gcc 4.7
* Bug 501 - Remove aggressive mat/scalar optimization (was replaced by
mat*(1/scalar) for non integer types).
* Bug 479 - Use EISPACK's strategy re max number of iters in Schur
* Add support for scalar multiple of diagonal matrices.
* Forward resize() function from Array/Matrix wrappers to the nested
expression such that mat.array().resize(a,b) is now allowed.
* Windows CE: fix the lack of the aligned_malloc function on this platform.
* Fix comma initializer when inserting empty matrices.
* Fix dense=sparse*diagonal products.
* Fix compilation with m.array().min(scalar) and m.array().max(scalar).
* Fix out-of-range memory access in GEMV (the memory was not used for the
computation, only to assemble unaligned packets from aligned packet loads).
* Fix various regressions with MKL support.
* Fix aliasing issue in sparse matrix assignment.
* Remove stupid assert in blue norm.
* Workaround a weird compilation error with MSVC.
- Added sparsehash-devel as build requirement for openSUSE > 12.2.
* Fri Oct 05 2012 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.1.1:
* Relicense to MPL2
* Add a EIGEN_MPL2_ONLY build option to generate compiler errors when
including non-MPL2 modules
* Remove dynamic allocation for triangular matrix-matrix products of fixed
* Fix possible underflow issues in SelfAdjointEigenSolver
* Fix issues with fixed-size Diagonal (sub/super diagonal size computation
* Bug 487 - Geometry module: isometry * scaling compilation error
* Bug 486 - MKL support: fixed multiple-references linker errors with various
* Bug 480 - work around compilation error on Android NDK due to isfinite
being defined as a macro
* Bug 485 - IterativeLinearSolvers: conflict between a typedef and template
* Bug 479 - Eigenvalues/Schur: Adjust max iterations count to matrix size
* Fixed Geometry module compilation under MSVC
* Fixed Sparse module compilation under MSVC 2005
- Updated the package license to "MPL-2.0 and LGPL-2.1+ and BSD-3-Clause".
- Use pkgconfig(gl) instead of Mesa-libGL-devel as build requirement.
- Added texlive-amsfonts build requirement for openSUSE > 12.2 to fix some
errors during documentation building.
* Sun Jul 22 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.1.0:
* See http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=ChangeLog#Eigen_3.1.0 for
- Added new build requirements freeglut-devel, glew-devel and for
openSUSE > 12.1 suitesparse-devel.
* Sun May 20 2012 email@example.com
- Added gnu-free-fonts as build requirement in order to fix compilation of the
* Sun Apr 01 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don't build development documentation for openSUSE 11.4 (fails to build).
- Fix rpmlint warning "zero-length".
* Tue Mar 27 2012 email@example.com
- Initial release (version 3.0.5).