JMdict/EDICT is a machine-readable multilingual Japanese dictionary.
It contains Japanese–English translations for over 180000 entries,
representing more than 205000 unique headword–reading combinations.
The dictionary is made available in different formats. This package
contains the "edict" variant, a flat text file format, of:
- the JMdict project's word dictionary ("edict" file)
- the KANJIDIC project's JIS X 0208-1990 Kanji dictionary (6355 Kanji)
- KANJIDIC's JIS X 0212-1990 dictionary (an extra 5801 Kanji)
- KANJIDIC's JIS X 0213-2012 dictionary (an extra 952 Kanji)
- kanji-to-radical and radical-to-kanji indices
- ENAMDICT, a dictionary for proper names
Other formats are in the edict2 and jmdict packages.
CC-BY-SA-3.0 AND CC-BY-SA-4.0