* Tue Aug 08 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 2.0.2:
* Bugfix: never insert creds into file:// targets.
* Bugfix: avail profiles hint sometimes shortend the names by one
* Bugfix 108: CMD_NEXT variable should ignore conditional commands
* Export condition before/after next/prev command as
* Bugfix 97: Unknown command should be ERROR, not WARNING.
- Changes from version 2.0.1:
* Bugfix 104: Duply 2.0 sets wrong archive dir, --name was always
- Changes from version 2.0:
* Made this a major version change, as we broke backward
compatibility anyway. If your backend stops working w/ this
version create a new profile and export the env vars needed as
described in the comments of the conf file directly above the
* Making sure multi spaces in TARGET survive awk processing.
* New env var PROFILE exported to scripts.
* Fix 102: expose a unique timestamp variable for pre/post scripts
actually a featreq. exporting RUN_START nanosec unix timestamp.
* Fix 101: GPG_AGENT_INFO is 'bogus'.
* Fix 96: duply cannot handle two consecutive spaces in paths.
- Update Copyright year.
* Mon Sep 26 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.11.3:
+ Fix wrong "WARNING: No running gpg-agent ..." when sign key was
- Changes from version 1.11.2:
+ Fix "gpg: unsafe" version print out.
+ Bugfix 91: v1.11 [r47] broke asymmetric encryption when using
+ Bugfix 90: S3: TARGET_USER/PASS have no effect, added
additional documentation about needed env vars to template
- Changes from version 1.11.1:
+ Reverted duply's default PYTHON to 'python'.
- Changes from version 1.11:
+ Remove obsolete --ssh-askpass routine.
+ Add PYTHON conf var to allow global override of used python
+ Enforced usage of "python2" in PATH as default interpreter for
internal use _and_ to run duplicity (setup.py changed the
shebang to the fixed path /usr/bin/python until 0.7.05, which
we circumvent this way).
+ Feature 36: Support gpg-connect-agent as a means to detect if
an agent is running, used gpg-agent for detection though.
+ Quotewrapped run_cmd parameters to protect it from spaces eg.
in TMP path.
+ Key export routine respects gpg-agent usage now.
- Update copyright year.
- Add ChangeLog to package.
* Wed Sep 23 2015 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.10.1:
+ Bugfix 86: Duply+Swift outputs warning.
+ Bugfix 87: Swift fails without BACKEND_URL.
- Changes from 1.10:
+ Featreq 36: busybox issues - fix awk, grep version detection,
fix grep failure because --color=never switch is unsupported.
+ Bugfix 81: --exclude-globbing-filelist is deprecated since
+ Implemented base-/dirname as bash functions.
+ Featreq 31 " Support for duplicity Azure backend " - ignored a
contributed patch by Scott McKenzie and instead opted for
removing almost all code that deals with special env vars
required by backends. Adding and modifying these results in too
much overhead so I dropped this feature. The future alternative
for users is to consult the duplicity manpage and add the
needed export definitions to the conf file. Appended a
commented example to the template conf below the auth section.
- Changes from 1.9.2:
+ Bugfix: exporting keys with gpg2.1 works now.
+ Documented GPG_OPTS needed for gpg2.1 to conf template.
+ Bugfix 82: GREP_OPTIONS=--color=always disrupted time
+ Added GPG conf var (see conf template for details).
+ Added grep version output as it is an integral needed binary.
+ Added PYTHONPATH printout in version output.
- Changes from 1.9.1:
+ Export CMD_ERR now for scripts to detect if CMD_PREV
+ Bugfix: CMD_PREV contained command even if it was skipped.
- Changes from 1.9.0:
+ Bugfix: env vars were not exported when external script was
+ Rework GPG_KEY handling, allow virtually anything now (uid,
keyid etc.) see gpg manpage, section "How to specify a user ID"
let gpg complain when the delivered values are invalid for
+ Started to rework tmp space checking, exposed folder & writable
check. TODO: reimplement enough file space available checking.
- Changes from 1.8.0:
+ Add command verifyPath to expose 'verify --file-to-restore'
+ Add time parameter support to verify command.
+ Add section time formats to usage output.
* Wed Jul 09 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.7.4:
+ remove ubuntu one support, service is discontinued
+ featreq 31: add authenticated swift (contributed by Justus Seifert)
- Update to version 1.7.3:
+ bugfix: test routines, gpg2 asked for passphrase although GPG_PW was set
- Update to version 1.7.2:
+ bugfix: debian Bug#743190 "duply no longer allows restoration without
gpg passphrase in conf file"
GPG_AGENT_INFO env var is now needed to trigger --use-agent
+ bugfix: gpg keyenc test routines didn't work if GPG_PW was not set
- Update to version 1.7.1:
+ bugfix: purge-* commands renamed to purgeFull, purgeIncr due to
incompatibility with new minus batch separator
- Update to version 1.7.0:
+ disabled gpg key id plausibility check, too many valid possibilities
+ featreq 7 "Halt if precondition fails":
added and(+), or(-) batch command(separator) support
+ featreq 26 "pre/post script with shebang line":
if a script is flagged executable it's executed in a subshell
now as opposed to sourced to bash, which is the default
+ bugfix: do not check if dpbx, swift credentials are set anymore
+ bugfix: properly escape profile name, archdir if used as arguments
+ add DUPL_PRECMD conf setting for use with e.g. trickle
* Sat Feb 01 2014 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.6.0:
+ support gs backend
+ support dropbox backend
+ add gpg-agent support to gpg test routines
+ autoenable --use-agent if passwords were not defined in config
+ GPG_OPTS are now honored everywhere, keyrings or complete gpg
homedir can thus be configured to be located anywhere
+ always import both secret and public key if avail from config profile
+ new explanatory comments in initial exclude file
+ bugfix 7: Duply only imports one key at a time
- Update to version 1.5.11:
+ purge-incr command for remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full feature added
patch provided by Moritz Augsburger, thanks!
+ documented version command in man page
* Tue Jun 04 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated to version 1.5.10:
+ Bugfix: exclude filter failed on ubuntu, mawk w/o posix char
+ Bugfix: fix url_decoding generally and for python3.
+ Bugfix 3609075: wrong script results in status line
(thx David Epping).
* Sat Dec 01 2012 email@example.com
- Updated to 1.5.9:
+ Bugfix 3588926: filter --exclude* params for restore/fetch ate
+ Restore/fetch now also ignores --include* or --exclude='foobar'
- Updates from 1.5.8:
+ Bugfix 3575487: implement proper cloud files support.
* Sat Oct 06 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.5.7:
+ Bugfix 3531450: Cannot use space in target URL (file:///)
- Updates from 1.5.6:
+ Commands purge, purge-full have no default value anymore for
security reasons; instead max value can be given via cmd line
or must be set in profile; else an error is shown.
+ Minor man page modifications
- Updates from 220.127.116.11:
+ Bugfix 3479605: SEL context confused profile folder's
+ Colon ':' in url passphrase got ignored, added python driven
url_decoding for user & pass to better process special chars.
* Mon Nov 21 2011 email@example.com
- Update to version 18.104.22.168:
+ Bugfix 3421268: SFTP passwords from conf ignored and always
+ Add support for separate sign passphrase (needs duplicity
* Fri Oct 07 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update version to 22.214.171.124:
+ Bugfix 3416690: repaired preview threw echo1 error.
+ Fix unknown cmds error usage & friends if more than 2 params
- Updates from 126.96.36.199:
+ Bugfix 3409643: ssh key auth did ask for passphrase
+ Bugfix: mawk does not support \W and did not split multikey
+ All parameters should survive single (') and double (")
* Sun Sep 18 2011 email@example.com
- Remove redundant tags/sections from specfile
(cf. packaging guidelines)
* Wed Aug 17 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial build.