* Tue Dec 05 2017 email@example.com
- Replace xorg-x11-devel build dependency for individual
* Sat May 27 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add reproducible.patch to sort input files (boo#1041090)
and to use gzip -n to make build fully reproducible
* Sun Jun 21 2015 email@example.com
- remove buggy glibc version check (dosemu-skip-glibc-test.patch)
- force GNU inline semantics for GCC5.
* Fri Feb 27 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- No longer apply dosemu-flex.patch on openSUSE Tumbleweed (> 13.2).
* Tue Nov 13 2012 email@example.com
- Add dosemu-flex.patch to compile with new flex: yyleng should be
* Fri Aug 31 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add dependency on bdftopcf for openSUSE > 12.2
* Mon Mar 12 2012 email@example.com
- updated to 188.8.131.52 current SVN state (r2065)
* Sat Mar 10 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- force vm86 emulation mode as we have mmap_min_addr >0 and
use of the vm86 syscall will not work. bnc#742752
* Sun Sep 18 2011 email@example.com
- Remove redundant tags/sections from specfile
(cf. packaging guidelines)
- Use %_smp_mflags for parallel build
* Wed Sep 22 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- enable console mouse plugin.
* Sat Oct 10 2009 email@example.com
- Fix build: own ru man directory.
* Mon Sep 21 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- use find_lang to tag localizd man pages correctly
* Thu Jun 18 2009 email@example.com
- David Binderman: fix loop bounds (bnc #512168)
* Fri Oct 17 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- add ExclusiveArch x86 x86_64
* Thu Oct 09 2008 email@example.com
- fix possible buffer overflow
* Mon Apr 14 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 184.108.40.206
* Bug fixes, especially pertaining to the CPU emulator that is used in the
x86-64 port (also in combination with Xen), and for DPMI on x86-64.
* Better LFN support.
* Optionally prompt if the keyboard layout can't be auto-detected.
* Some things previously done by the dosemu script are now done by the
dosemu.bin binary (X font locations, terminal warnings,
DOSDRIVE_D environment variable handling).
* Handle UTF-8 in window titles.
* Improved copy and paste of text to and from DOSEMU.
* Avoid problems with the dotless i as used in Turkish and some other
* Reduce lines of output in config.sys, autoexec.bat, blaster, and the
banner, so everything fits on 25 lines.
* Fri Dec 14 2007 email@example.com
- added missing open() arg
* Mon May 14 2007 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 1.4.0, new since 1.2.2:
- Added a native 64-bit port for x86-64, which, by default, uses CPU emulation
for V86 mode, and runs DPMI code natively.
- For a first time boot with FreeDOS, DOSEMU now boots without any user
interaction, and presents a welcome screen.
- "dosemu" starts xdosemu by default in X. Use "dosemu -t" to force terminal
- Everyone, including root, needs to use "dosemu -s" to be able to use direct
hardware access. The -s switch automatically uses direct VGA graphics and
raw keyboard mode on the Linux console.
- You can reboot the DOSEMU virtual machine using Ctrl-Alt-Del
- The utility unix.com can now execute Linux commands within DOSEMU
- Run-time plugins are used to allow binary distribution without depending
on all libraries.
- The -dumb switch quietens DOSEMU until the command is executed if a command
is given. So "dosemu -dumb dir" gives a directory listing and nothing else.
- VGA Emulator: bitmap fonts are much quicker.
- Fixed new errors and warnings with GCC 4.x.
- The dosemu script is compatible with the minimal shell dash.
- An automatic backtrace using GDB (output in ~/.dosemu/boot.log)
is attempted when DOSEMU crashes.
- DOSEMU's stack is no longer marked executable which may improve security.
- Clarified the copyrights and replaced some code with unclear origins.
The disclaimer acceptance has been weakened.
- CPU emulation (SIMX86)
- The SIMX86 simulator is now a runtime option, activated via
$_cpuemu="vm86sim", or $_cpuemu="fullsim". Without the "sim"
JIT compilation (dynamic translation) is used.
- SIMX86 is automatically invoked if the vm86 is not supported by the
Linux kernel. This includes x86-64 systems, kernel configurations
for embedded use, and some virtualization systems.
- Implemented DPMI uncommitted memory support.
- Support for the HX DOS Extender was added. It is now possible to run
some win32 console applications under dosemu, using that extender.
- The Blinker extender is now fully supported (all known versions).
- The PM API translator now uses the EMS page frame to save 64K
of conventional memory.
- Many DPMI and PM API translator fixes to support all commercial
Borland tools and other protected-mode programs, especially when
using Linux kernel 2.6.12 or newer.
- Most of the DPMI 1.0 API and functionality were added.
- Fixed IF flag virtualization for DPMI. This causes many DPMI applications
to work reliably without random crashes (such as Transport Tycoon,
- Implemented LDT virtualization / direct LDT access for DPMI clients.
- Windows 3.1 now works natively, without any need for WINOS2 patches.
- Many other improvements to make Windows 3 in DOSEMU more stable and usable.
- Implemented debug breakpoints for DPMI.
- Customized SVGA drivers of Windows 3.11 can now be used instead
of the Trident drivers (refer to Section 9.2 of README.txt).
- Memory management
- Improved the internal XMS driver.
- It is now possible to use an external XMS driver, such as himem.sys.
- Freed up 4K of UMB space.
- File systems
- The default C: drive has changed from ~/dosemu/freedos to ~/.dosemu/drive_c
(similar to Wine). Drive Z: is now a read-only drive with all the DOSEMU
and FreeDOS support files.
- Added support for the Long File Name (int21/ah=71) interface on redirected
- The redirected drive file system code is much faster than before.
- You can now directly see and manipulate DOS file attributes on Lredir'ed
Linux-mounted (V)FAT partitions, when using recent 2.6 kernels.
- Lredir can now automatically find a new drive.
- CDROM and floppies
- Added a $_cdrom option for runtime configuration of the CD-ROM device.
- Added an internal *CDEX style CD-ROM driver, activated using LREDIR, for
use with CD-ROMs that are mounted in Linux. The default autoexec.bat
uses this to set drive E: to a CD-ROM.
- It is now possible to point $_vbootfloppy, $_floppy_a etc. to directories
and boot from them.
- The floppy is much faster with 2.6 kernels.
- Added support for 2.88M floppies
- Sound, mice, keyboards, printers, serial ports, I/O, and networking
- A new sound system is available. It is for now an optional run-time option,
- Added some support for sound recording.
- Added the "INT 15h" PS/2 mouse interface.
- Much improved keyboard layout auto-detection
- The printer code now uses line buffering so that you do not have to
wait $_printer_timeout seconds before printing starts.
- Use $_lpt1, $_lpt2, and $_lpt3 for printer configuration.
- TTY locking can be disabled by $_ttylocks=""
- The reliability and performance of the serial ports emulation are much
- I/O ports are "fast" by default.
- IPX and Packet Driver code was seriously reworked.
- Added $_time_mode="linux" option to force the DOS clock to sync with
the Linux time.
- Improved real time clock support with a periodic IRQ generator.
- UTF-8 terminals are supported if you use SLang 2 or a UTF-8
patched SLang 1 library. The supplied SLang library subset is no
longer necessary and no longer provided.
- $_term_char_set no longer exists;
$_external_char_set now defaults to the current locale.
- Even on non UTF-8 terminals many line drawing characters can now
be used, and on the Linux console almost the full CP437 character set.
- Many ctrl, alt, shift combinations with function keys, arrow keys, etc,
can now be used in xterm and friends.
- VGA hardware is emulated in terminal mode as well as in X mode.
- Linux console
- VESA driver added which should be compatible with most BIOSes. This
is the default.
- Linear frame buffers now work.
- Improved behaviour in conjunction with frame buffer consoles.
- Improved PCI emulation on the console, with $_pci=(auto).
- X Window System
- Added extra X fonts.
- The X aspect ratio is no longer set to 4:3 by default, but an integer
multiple of the real resolution.
- A graphical mouse cursor now works under X with mouse grab enabled.
- Added keyboard grab, hard-coded to Ctrl-Alt-k for now.
- Add $_X_title_show_appname.
- Implemented support for Unicode fonts for $_X_font, so you can for
instance use the univga font or
- 16 bpp graphics programs now run in X with 24/32 bpp.
- SDL support
New: makes it possible to run DOSEMU on all supported SDL back-ends.
It is almost as capable as the X plug-in, and provides a safer way
to get console graphics, using fbdev.
- Removed mapself support, the old keyboard code, coopthreads, and comcom.
* Thu Mar 29 2007 email@example.com
- added flex to BuildRequires
* Mon Aug 07 2006 firstname.lastname@example.org
- define HZ sysconf(_SC_CLK_TCK) if not defined