* Thu Feb 08 2018 email@example.com
- Get rid of BuildRequires: xorg-x11-devel.
* Sun Jan 14 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add bundled() markers
* Thu Dec 14 2017 email@example.com
- Update to new bugfix release 2.0.3
* Server had crashed during startup with error messages related
* Non-standard C++ code had led to crash when using gcc7
* Removed duplicate IWAD spec for Heretic 1.3 /
Shadow of the Serpent Riders
* Hexen: fix crash after returning to a different map in a hub
- Add doomsday-libs.diff, doomsday-notime.diff
* Thu Apr 20 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 2.0
* The Home Screen replaces the front-end app. The Python-based
Snowberry launcher application was created in 2005 and has been
used for starting Doomsday ever since. In version 2.0, the
launcher is no longer needed because Doomsday's Home Screen
(previously called "ring zero") replaces its functionality.
* Built-in support for packages. One of the launcher's key features
was add-on management. This is now also part of Doomsday itself
in the form of packages. Anything that Doomsday can load ? WADs,
resource packs, 3D models, etc. ? is now handled via the same
package management system. This enables Doomsday to track which
files are in use in saved games and multiplayer games, and makes
it possible to automatically ensure that the correct files are
loaded at any given time.
* New 3D model renderer. Doomsday's graphics code is undergoing a
transition to a newer version of OpenGL, namely "OpenGL3/4 Core
Profile"). Certain parts like the engine UI have already
completed this transition, however the game renderer itself has
not. In version 2.0, the new version of the 3D model renderer has
reached a state where it is useful for actual gameplay. This new
renderer supports FBX and MD5 models (among other formats),
skeletal animation, GLSL shaders, and Doomsday Script.
* Sat Jun 18 2016 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.15.8
* Custom episodes. Episode (DED) definitions specify the structure of
game episodes (including hubs) enabling entirely new episodes and
modifying the originals.
* MAPINFO support. MAPINFO (Hexen) definitions are now supported in
Doom and Heretic, as well as Hexen. Note that, presently, only the
Hexen dialect of MAPINFO is supported (ZDoom uses its own MAPINFO
* Adjustable pixel density. If your GPU is on the slower side, you
can improve performance by reducing game view resolution. The rest
of the UI remains sharp since the display mode is not changed. As a
bonus, you can also get a nice nostalgic aesthetic similar to the
original Doom on a CRT display.
- If you get a blank screen instead of the game title screen
after selecting the IWAD to play, you may need to reset your
- Added doomsday-ncurses.diff (work around absence of ncurses.pc
in not-too-new ncurses)
* Thu Jun 16 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add -Wno-narrowing to let gcc6 build pass
* Mon Mar 30 2015 email@example.com
- Add doomsday-no-abs-icon.patch: Do not use absolute path to
icons. Applicatio containerisation requires the icons to be below
/usr/share/icons or /usr/share/pixmaps.
- Copy the icons from the app directory to /usr/share/pixmaps.
* Sun Oct 12 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.14.5, which fixes:
* Hexen: Loading autosaved progress on a previously visited map
loads an out of date save state
* Hexen: Number of inventory items increases when going through
* Hexen: Puzzle progress in main hub not showing up
* Tue May 20 2014 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.14.3, which fixes:
* Hexen: Hub maps reset after saving, causing invalid game world
* Doom 2: Crash playing sci2.wad MAP13
* Better compatibility with vanilla Doom renderer: dynamic
map hacks dependent on non-neighbor planes
* Hexen: Saving error ? "already exists"
* Thu May 01 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.14.1, which fixes:
* particles were shut off shortly after level start
* flickering light decoration on moving platform
* letterboxed/pillarboxed drawing of the game was broken
* Heretic ghost mummies' floating spirits were not disappearing
* Shift key state was not recognized by bindings when typing in
* Multiplayer weapons were not remaining in play
* Gracefully abort if OpenGL version is not sufficient
* Wed Apr 23 2014 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.14
* It adds bloom to Doomsday's visual features. The last of the
old UI has been replaced, and now MP games and save games, due
to a new save game format, from all games can be accessed from
the taskbar or home screen (formerly Ring Zero). New alert and
tutorial notifications have been added to inform users of any
important engine, map and resource errors and about the UI.
* Mon Jan 06 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.13.1
* Multiplayer: Resolve crash when joining a multiplayer game using
the Vanilla appearance profile
* Multiplayer: Resolve crash when more than one client joins a game
* Multiplayer: Missing busy mode transition frame when joining
* UI: Using keyboard bindings when a popup is open in the UI
(e.g. pressing F11 to toggle screen when the DE menu is open in
the task bar)
* Added the -nodiscovery option to prevent Doomsday from looking
for running servers on the LAN
* Fri Jan 03 2014 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.13
* Framebuffer effects. Doomsday can now use OpenGL shaders to
post-process the rendered frames. In this release, this has been
applied this for libdoom's Invulnerability power-up effect.
* Stereoscopic 3D. Support has been added for various stereoscopic
rendering modes, including anaglyph, side-by-side, parallel and
* Mon Nov 11 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.12.2
* console: fix crash when autocompleting certain words (e.g. "upd")
* task bar: Added toggle for sound-overlap-stop to Audio Settings:
when enabled, only one sound is allowed per emitter (like in the
- Remove deng-va-list.diff (merged upstream)
- OpenGL 2.x is required for Doomsday 1.12
* Sun Oct 06 2013 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.12
* The old Control Panel and Updater have been retired and their
functionality merged into the taskbar. New taskbar features
include background downloading of updates, profiles for renderer
settings, and auto completion of console commands. There is also
vastly improved map rendering hack support, and 3D sound can now
separate isolated parts of joined sectors.
* Tue Jul 30 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.11.0
* Doomsday has received a new mouse-driven UI; the taskbar
replaces the old console.
* Thu May 23 2013 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.10.3
* resolve stuck TEXTUREn lump loading with Hell Revealed II
* fog should not be applied to weapon psprites
- Remove deng-nodate.diff: kill __DATE__ with shell instead of patch
* Thu Apr 18 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supply path configuration file and kill the shell wrappers that
supplied the paths via command line before.
* Tue Apr 09 2013 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.10
* the multiplayer server is now its own separate executable that
users control using the new "Shell" application
- Remove deng-libdir.diff (merged upstream)
* Tue Mar 19 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- deng-va-list.diff: Remove non-portable use of va_list
* Sun Mar 29 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Add -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH
* Thu Mar 05 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add -lminizip to doomsday-libs.diff to cure a linker error.
- Update to release 2.2.2
* Doomsday Script improvements, Heretic modding, weapon
field of view.
* Sun Jan 19 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 184.108.40.206
* The built-in scripting language has gained wider integration
in the engine internals.
* Scripted mobj actions
* A number of modding related improvements have been done for
Heretic. For example: customizable menu labels, enhanced
intermission screen, Values for ammo per shot, support for
Hexen-like wall-bouncing missiles, and a script binding for
starting an enemy?s attack.
* Separate FOV for rendering player weapons
* Doomsday now detects Freedoom v0.12.1.
* Sat Nov 02 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Previous implicit dependency on xxf86vm is now added
as an explicit BuildRequires.
* Sun Jun 02 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to new upstream release 2.1.1
* Graphics optimizations: While games still use the classic
renderer like in 2.0, all graphics are now drawn using OpenGL
3.3. This enables optimizations for more efficient rendering
of the player view, menus, text, and the Doomsday UI.
* UI improvements: The Doomsday UI look and feel has been
refreshed. The game library is now more flexible and powerful
with further game customization settings and view options.
* Multiplayer convenience: Clients will automatically download
missing PWADs from the server before joining the game.