* Fri Nov 10 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.4.0:
* The side panel can now be moved to any border of the window, by
dragging its title bar, after unlocking the panels from the
* The toolbar can also be moved around, after unlocking.
* Files can be attached to a post via drag'n'drop from a
* Dragging text from a website to the post composer works better
* Several improvements in the formatting options of the
* Auto-switch from Fit mode to Full mode in image viewer when
using the mouse wheel.
* Finer zoom control.
* Posts with non-media attachments will show a matching icon from
the user's icon theme, based on MIME type (i.e. PDF icon,
TXT icon, etc).
* A proper file extension will be suggested when saving non-media
attachments to drive.
* Add an option to set window as "requiring attention" to notify
new posts, which usually results in the taskbar/dock entry
being highlighted (Configuration > Notifications, enabled by
* Optional activity icons in the minor feeds.
(Configuration > Timelines, disabled by default).
* Several improvements in the account dialogue.
* Building with Qt 4 is no longer supported.
* Remove the libmagic dependency, since Qt 5 has methods for
* Remove the QJSON dependency, since Qt 5 has methods to handle
* Accepting username@localhost as valid Webfinger ID, for testers.
* Handle new HTML-based error messages sent by server since
* Several cosmetic fixes.
* Other minor fixes.
* Tue May 09 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.3.7:
* Image viewer now supports dragging the image around with the
mouse, zooming with the wheel, and rotating animated images
* Fix case-insensitive sorting of contacts in auto-completion
* Server version will be shown in the log.
* Tue Mar 14 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.3.6 (changes since 1.3.4):
* Officially support building with Qt 5.
* Items highlighted due to filtering rules will show the reasons
* After downloading an attachment, a button will appear, to open
the file using the default application from the user's desktop
* Add buttons to rotate images in the image viewer
* Some windows that used to block input to the rest of the
application, such as posts opened from the Meanwhile feed, will
be independent now.
* The colour setting for highlighted items is now enabled by
* Several improvements in page selector.
* Fix corner case where timeline might update while a comment is
being composed, destroying it.
* HTTP redirections will be followed when loading images
(Qt 5 only).
* Duration of popup notifications is now configurable, and
notifications can be set to be persistent.
* Some input fields will show a button to clear them
(Qt 5 only).
* Add a Galician translation.
* Other small fixes.
- Switch to Qt5.
- Define $SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH for Dianara instead of manually
replacing __DATE__ and __TIME__.
* Tue Jun 28 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.3.4:
* Automatic timeline updates will avoid interrupting the user.
* Different snippet limits for regular and highlighted activities.
* Snippets set to 'Always' by default.
* More detailed new post notifications.
* Clicking "Comment" in posts will show an option to check for
comments, if the post doesn't have (or show) any comments yet.
* Filtering (searching) contact lists will show the number of
* Items in the list of configured filtering rules can be sorted
manually, via drag-and-drop.
* Fix a possible crash when pasting a URL which points to an image.
* Update a few links to pump.io sites.
* Minor visual fixes and other improvements.
* Tue Mar 22 2016 email@example.com
- Update to 1.3.3:
* When trying to follow a contact, the user ID is verified.
* The image viewer gained basic zoom capabilities.
* Timelines show thumbnails of embedded images, full size in the
* When pasting text in a post or comment, proper links will be
made from URLs, even when the pasted text is rich format.
* Links created from the Format menu are verified to have a
* Post publisher area can grow bigger.
* Configurable avatar sizes in comments and minor feeds.
* Better error handling when timelines fail to load.
* Add a AppData (AppStream) file.
* Fix some size issues in comments.
* Other small fixes and improvements.
* Sat Oct 31 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.3.2:
* Add a D-Bus interface, to control the applications from other
programs, such as scripts, using tools like qdbus or dbus-send.
* Option to list the newest users from your own pump.io server,
located under Neighbors, inside the Contacts tab.
* Welcome wizard, to guide new users.
* New privacy option: private likes.
Liking posts or comments will only inform the author.
* Support for non-https servers, using the --nohttps command line
* Improve localisation support, and fix some issues with RTL
* JSON-based error messages from the server, which might have
Unicode symbols, are now shown correctly.
* Several minor fixes.
* Hebrew translation.
- Remove dianara-remove-timestamp.patch and use a regexp instead.
* Sun Aug 02 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 1.3.1:
* Option to browse posts from a user (only for users on the same
server, for now).
* Option to set or change e-mail address for the account.
* Nick autocompleter now displays user ID, too.
* Proper links are made from URL's found anywhere, when pasting
* Add a Privacy category in the settings, with a couple of new
options related to following people and managing lists.
* Button to configure account on status bar when account is not
* Option to scroll main timeline to the new stuff line on update.
* Enhance timeline page selector.
* Progress bar during program startup.
* Option to start application hidden in the system tray.
* Command line option to change the color of links:
- -linkcolor=color (useful in GTK+ environments).
* Other minor fixes.
* Fri May 08 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.3.0:
* Enhanced timeline updates and pagination.
Timeline updates are much faster now, require less network
traffic, and don't mark previous posts as read every time a
feed is updated.
* Nickname autocompletion in post/comment composers.
Type '@' to get a list of names, then type the first characters.
When creating a note, this will add that contact to the "To"
list. In comments it will just be a simple link.
* Posts opened from the "+" button in the Meanwhile feed will be
able to load comments correctly much more often.
* Added a button to cancel an attachment in the publisher.
* The Favorites timeline will be scheduled for update when
liking or unliking things, so liking several posts in a few
minutes will only reload it once.
* Option to hide duplicated posts, that is, posts which were
already visible in the timeline and have been received again
due to sharing.
* Added setting to automatically set an initial post title from
the file name of an attachment.
* Option to choose the size of avatars for posts.
* Comment area in posts will use the space more efficiently.
* Option to make shared posts more obvious, with sharer's avatar.
* Option to highlight comments made by the author of a post, and
your own comments, with a subtle hint.
* Optional character counter in the publisher.
* Other new options in the settings dialog. Some were rearranged.
* The Account dialog will be locked when Dianara is already
authorized to use your account.
* Some highlighting colours are now enabled by default.
* Time of last timeline update will be shown on the menu bar.
* Attached images which fail to load (usually due to permissions)
will show a clear message.
* A demo notification will be shown when setting the notification
* Command line option to ignore SSL errors. Use with care!
* Command line options now have short form alternatives like -c
* Fix handling system shutdown; properly close at environment's
* Fix loading of remote images when the URL has parameters, and
when the URL does not have a schema.
* Fix issues with initial width of comments.
* Fix handling cases when the tray icon is not available.
* Fix Ctrl+Shift+V, to paste without format, in comments.
* Fix flickering effect on some timestamps.
* Other small fixes.
- Add dianara-remove-timestamp.patch.
- Remove installation of translations as they are built-in.
* Sun Nov 16 2014 email@example.com
- Update to 1.2.5:
* Mentions and Actions feeds. Access them via keyboard with
Control+1/2/3 (Keyboard shortcut to reload Meanwhile feed has
been changed to F2).
* Made some of the labels expandable; they will show extra
information when clicked.
* Offer to insert links to image files as embedded images, when
* Very long post titles will be cut when posting.
* Shared posts now show sharer's information in a wide line at
* Show warning when posting only to Followers, but having none.
* Added new configuration categories, and rearranged some
* Added option to show post client information directly.
* Option to insert basic tables in messages.
* Avatar menus now sync their Follow/Unfollow option based on
global contact list changes.
* Added more fallback icons.
* Added Control+Enter shortcut for the "Done" button when
selecting specific recipients for a message.
* Enhancements in the experimental group support.
* Added a few changes to support GNU MediaGoblin's upcoming
You'll be able to use Dianara to post to MediaGoblin sites
once its 0.8.0 version is out.
* Added links to the Pump.io User Guide.
* Fixed #4: some memory leaks, thanks to a patch by
* Fixed wrong order in list of likes in posts.
* Fixed extra spaces inserted when creating links in the middle
of some existing text.
* Other small fixes.
* Tue Oct 28 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.2.4:
* Optional snippets in the Meanwhile feed, with configurable
* Clicking the button that shows the page number at the bottom of
a timeline (or pressing Control+G) will open a window to jump
to any page.
* Menu option to enable/disable timeline auto-updating.
* New status bar icon indicates initialization stage and state of
auto-updates. Clicking it will also toggle the state of
* Tray icon shows how many of the new messages are also
* Names of recipients are shown as links in the Publisher, so
hovering over them will show their addresses in the status bar.
* More logging, specifically during initial client registration
and the authorization token process.
* Settings dialog switched from tabs to stacked view, to have
more categories in the future.
* Added a TRANSLATING file, with instructions for new
* Fixed quoting texts containing "".
* Fixed long shutdown time.
* Lots of other small visual changes and fixes.
- Minor spec cleanup.
* Sat Sep 06 2014 email@example.com
- Update to 1.2.3
* Configurable fonts.
* Ability to open the parent post for posts in the timelines, if they were
replies to something, such as a shared comment appearing in the timeline.
* Option to send a message to a contact directly from the avatar menu
and from the contact list.
* Show your user ID in popup notifications. Useful if you run more than one
instance of Dianara for different accounts.
* Show total number of items in timelines, in the tooltips of their tabs,
and the total number of pages with the current page number, at the bottom.
* Show how many Meanwhile items are highlighted, among those that are new.
* Some settings in Configure dialog have been rearranged.
* Filter comparison for "Activity description" removes links from it,
allowing for simpler rules.
* More details about post location, in the tooltip of the location name.
* Fixed Meanwhile feed growing very wide sometimes.
* Fixed Edit button not working on posts opened in separate window.
* Other bug fixes and minor changes.
* Sun Aug 03 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.2.2
* Proxy configuration support. Password is not stored securely, so you can
leave it empty and be prompted for it on startup.
* Animated images are now animated when viewed in the separate image viewer.
* Filters are now case insensitive, ie. "openfarmgame" matches "OpenFarmGame".
* Added a delay before reloading all comments after posting a reply.
* Enhanced initialization, so Dianara will keep on trying to get all initial
data (your profile, etc) if it fails initially.
* Basic Help window.
* Configurable "unread post" color.
* Show To/CC info in the timestamp tooltip of minor feed activities.
* The Normalize Text Colors option in posts works in most cases now.
* Link color is no longer specified, so other contacts will see links
in the color configured by them.
* New way to show attachments, including attached images.
* Better filename suggestions when saving attachments.
* Option to create bullet lists in the Format menu.
* More symbols in the Format > Symbols menu.
* Ask for confirmation when quitting Dianara if a post is being composed.
* Pressing Enter in title field jumps to message body. Likewise, pressing
the Up Arrow at the start of the message jumps to the title field.
* Better notification of authentication-related errors.
* Added some more fallback icons, for environments without (good) iconsets.
* Updated Italian translation, by Metal Biker.
* Partial updates to Polish translation by Derping Muffins and CyberKiller,
and German translation by Emvigo.
* Other small fixes.
* Thu May 22 2014 email@example.com
- Update to 1.2.1
* Upload of other media types (audio, video, misc files).
Keep in mind that most people won't be able to see these at the moment!
(Related Pump.io issue: https://github.com/e14n/pump.io/issues/1014)
* Nicer download of media attachments.
* New --config parameter, to use a different configuration on startup.
Using this, you can run 2 or 3 instances of Dianara for different accounts.
* System tray icon can be configured to show your avatar, or a custom image.
* Added an optional toolbar.
* Added some widgets to the status bar.
* Avatar button gets highlighted when hovering, to make it more obvious.
* New messages are highlighted with a gradient on the right side.
* Added partial German translation, by Emvigo.
* Some minor fixes.
* Wed Apr 16 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial package.