* Wed Jan 10 2018 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 3.0.0 (2017-12-30)
* Update to SDL2. All scaling is now done in hardware.
* It is possible to toggle fullscreen with Alt-Enter.
* On multimonitor setups, the game will remember the used screen.
* A new parameter, -savedir allows users to specify a directory
from which to load and save games.
* The GOG install of Doom 3: BFG Edition is now detected.
* The CD audio option for music playback has been removed; the CD
playback API has been removed from SDL 2.0.
* Strife's voices.wad is now correctly loaded before PWADs.
* Tue Jul 04 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 2.3.0 (2016-12-29)
* Pitch-shifting from early versions of Doom, Heretic, and Hexen
is now supported.
* Aspect ratio-corrected 1600×1200 PNGs are now written.
* OPL emulation is more accurate.
* DMX bugs with GUS cards are now better emulated.
* Checksum calculations are fixed on big endian systems, allowing
multiplayer games to be played in mixed little/big-endian
* The vanilla limit of 4046 lumps per WAD is now enforced.
* Solidsegs overflow is emulated like in vanilla.
* It is now possible to start multiplayer Chex Quest games.
* Versions 1.666, 1.7, and 1.8 are emulated.
* An issue was fixed where the game crashed while killing the
Wraithverge in 64-bit builds.
- Drop chdoom-date.diff (no longer needed), drop
chdoom-sdlsound.diff (merged upstream).
* Wed Nov 16 2016 email@example.com
- Add chdoom-sdlsound.diff to resolve build error with new
* Sat Nov 07 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 2.2.1
* The Hexen four level demo IWAD is now supported.
* The Doom reload hack has been added back.
* OPL music playback has been improved in a number of ways to
match the behavior of Vanilla Doom's DMX library much more
closely. OPL3 playback is also now supported.
- Drop chdoom-nonvoid.diff (included upstream),
drop chdoom-prng.diff (PRNG impl. was switched)
* Sat Mar 28 2015 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 2.1
* Chocolate Doom now supports high-quality substitute music packs
that are used in place of the original MIDI music tracks.
* Support for joysticks and gamepads has been significantly
improved in this version.
* OPL MIDI playback has been significantly improved. Multi-track
MIDI files now play back properly.
* The "no fog on spawn west" Vanilla bug is now correctly
* Behavior of older versions of Doom back to v1.666 can now be
- Add chdoom-nonvoid.diff, chdoom-prng.diff to quench compiler
warnings. Add chdoom-date.diff to kill __DATE__ instances.
* Sun May 11 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add python to BuildRequires - it is used for manpage generation
(was previously implicitly included)
* Tue Dec 10 2013 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 2.0
* Support for three other Doom engine-based games: Heretic, Hexen,
* Thu May 02 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Search /usr/share/doom for IWADs as well (bnc#818102)
+ Added chdoom-iwaddir.diff
- Remove unnecessary INSTALL file
* Mon Jun 11 2012 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.7.0
* Running servers now re-resolve the address of the master server
occasionally, to adapt to DNS address changes.
* A workaround for SDL mouse lag is now only used on Windows
(where it is needed)
* UTF-8 usernames are supported, and Windows usernames with
non-ASCII characters are now supported
* Palette accuracy is reduced to 6 bits per channel, to more
accurately emulate the PC VGA hardware
* Wed Jun 08 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial package (version 1.6.0) for build.opensuse.org
* Wed Jul 01 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 3.0.1
* Fixed a bug where a client in a networked game can
cause a stack-based buffer overflow on the server
* Sat Jun 06 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Set CFLAGS+=-fcommon.
* Wed Nov 14 2018 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update description.