* Wed Aug 03 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 4.1.0
* Hook support: Run scripts before/after loading or saving items. This
feature can be used to automatically make Git commits or synchronize with a
server when the data files are written. Example hooks can be found in the
calcurse source tree.
* Experimental CalDAV support: The calcurse distribution tarball now includes
an experimental script called calcurse-caldav that can be used to
synchronize calcurse with your mobile devices or any other computer. For
details, please refer to contrib/caldav/README in the calcurse source tree.
* Support for a filter mode -F that is identical to -G but writes the
filtered items back to the calcurse data files instead of stdout. Can be
used to remove certain items from a script. Use with care!
* New long format specifiers "raw" and "hash".
* A --daemon command line option to start calcurse in daemon mode.
* A --quiet command line option to disable system dialogs.
* Support for todo items with an undefined priority.
* Support for durations when specifying recurrence end dates.
* Support for decimal values when specifying durations.
* Support for UTC times when importing iCal events.
* Support for sending notifications for all appointments (both flagged and
* The "Add Item" key binding now works from the calendar panel.
* Week numbers in the monthly view (requested by Hakan Jerning).
* Fixes to the slice computation (reported by Hakan Jerning).
* Various fixes to the iCal import and export functionality.
* Tue Mar 03 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 4.0.0
* Support for reloading appointments via a key binding and via SIGUSR1
* The compact mode and default panel options are no longer hidden.
* A powerful set of new command line options. The new main operations in
non-interactive mode are --grep and --query. There are filter switches to
restrict the set of items that are read from the appointments file. All
old command line options are still supported for backwards compatibility.
* Support for shorthands such as "tomorrow" or "monday" as date specifiers.
* Support for dates beyond 2038 on platforms with 64-bit time_t.
* Several fixes to the user interface.
* Handle CRLF line endings in iCal files
* Gracefully handle all day events in iCal imports
* Retain comments in descriptions and configuration values
* Support all types of iCal durations
- Remove suse macros as calcurse doesn't build for other distributions
* Thu Dec 25 2014 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.2.1
+ Load todo items on startup
+ Do not highlight items on inactive windows.
- TODO file doesn't exist anymore; remove it from %doc list
- Add COPYING file to %doc list
* Mon Apr 22 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to calcurse-3.1.4
- Do not prompt for a todo after adding an appointment.
- Close key binding window when reassigning the same key (thanks
to Michael Smith for submitting a patch).
- Update copyright ranges.
- Do not ignore "--datarootdir" in the i18n Makefile.
- Complete the test-suite even if libfaketime is not present.
- Add a workaround for broken libfaketime-based tests on 32-bit
systems (fixes Debian bug #697013).
- Do not update start time/duration with bogus values if the
prompt is canceled in edit mode.
- Fix another corner case of the screen corruption bug (BUG#6).
- Fix core dump when trying to edit a non-existent item.
- Display correct welcome messages on startup.
* Sat Dec 08 2012 email@example.com
- update to 3.1.1:
* fix screen corruption bug
* Wed Dec 05 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 3.1.0:
* Vim-like copy/paste (FR#15). Use the delete key to cut items.
* Support for entering times in 24 hour format ("2130" instead of "21:30")
* Compact panel mode (FR#7). This can be enabled using the currently
undocumented "appearance.compactpanels" configuration setting.
* Configurable default view (FR#19). The default view can be changed using
the currently undocumented "appearance.defaultpanel" configuration setting.
* "-D" and "-c" can now be used simultaneously, whereby "-c" has precedence
* Cache monthly view to speed up browsing.
* Sort `calcurse -d` output by time
* Fix a critical data corruption bug
* Fix screen corruption
* No longer show the calcurse screen in the editor/pager when the window is
* Calculate busy slices correctly if (recurrent) appointments with a duration
of more than 24 hours are used.
* Fix a core dump that occurred if the main window was too small.
* Several translation updates.
* Sun Jul 01 2012 email@example.com
- update to 3.0.0:
* full UTF-8 support
* format strings for printing items in non-interactive mode have been
* support for vim-style count prefixes for displacement keys
* duration strings are now much more powerful
* extended duration strings, such as "+3:10" or "+1d20h5m", can be used
* new feature allows piping items to external commands
* there are keybindings to jump to the previous/next month/year
* lots of internal changes have been made
* note that you will need to run "calcurse-upgrade" after upgrading, since
the configuration file format has changed
* Sun Jul 01 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to calcurse-3.0.0
- New features:
- Full UTF-8 support.
- Much more powerful formatting options for printing items in
non-interactive mode. Format strings can be specified using
"--format-apt", "--format-event", "--format-recur-apt" and
- Support for vim-style count prefixes for displacement keys.
- Powerful duration strings: Allows using extended duration
strings, such as "+3:10" or "+1d20h5m".
- A feature that allows piping items to external commands.
- New key bindings to jump to the previous/next month/year.
- A new configuration file format. `calcurse-upgrade` can be used
to convert existing configuration files.
- Several performance improvements.
- Notes are now stored using hash-based file names which results
in lower disk space usage.
- A test suite that can be used to test the core functionality of
- "-D" and "-c" can now be used simultaneously, whereby "-c" has
precedence over "-D".
- A "--read-only" command line option to discard all changes to
- Bug fixes:
- Do not hardcode paths to the default editor/pager. Rely on the
"$PATH" variable instead.
- Update the number of todo items when importing an iCal file to
prevent some items from being inaccessible.
- Fix a segmentation fault when importing iCal data (reported by
- Format the "DURATION" field properly on iCal export. Use
days/hours/minutes/seconds instead of seconds (reported and
fixed by Jerome Pinot).
- Do not localize dates in pcal exports (reported by Baptiste
* Thu Dec 15 2011 email@example.com
- fix license to be in spdx.org format
* Sat Sep 17 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove redundant tags/sections from specfile
* Fri Sep 16 2011 email@example.com
- update to 2.9.2
- Handle iCal line folding correctly.
- Introduce a configure option to completely exclude the
documentation subdirectory from the build process
- changes in 2.9.1
- Keep the order of events across restarts (reported by Alan).
- Fix the build process when disabling documentation generation.
- Avoid flickering on window resize.
- Avoid a segfault when resizing the calcurse window.
- Add missing documentation for the "backword-kill-word" line
- Honor the "TMPDIR" environment variable instead of using
hardcoded paths for temporary files (reported by Erik Saule).
- Fix pager invocation when showing the log file during an import
(reported by Andraz Levstik).
- Accept resource parameters in iCal import. Accept additional
parameters such as language parameters (reported by Andraz
- Sync the notification item after editing or pasting an
appointment. This ensures the information in the notification
bar as well as the countdown for the notification daemon are
always up-to-date (reported by Andraz Levstik).
- Fix recurrent appointment notification.
- Fix flagging of regular appointments.
- Fix sort order when using command line options to display
upcoming appointments and events (reported by Erik Saule).
* Sun May 29 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 2.9.0:
* add support for short form dates
* add "backword-kill-word" line editing function
* add automatic removal of notes that are empty after editing
* add a Russian translation
* fixes a segfault when resizing the help window were fixed
* fixes lock file issues
* fixes parsing of appointment end times that date back
* Wed Jan 12 2011 email@example.com
- minor spec cleanup (by Pascal)
* Sat Nov 13 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- drop calcurse-fix_missing_return_in_nonvoid_function.patch, has been merged upstream
* Sun May 30 2010 email@example.com
- update to 2.8:
* adds a weekly calendar view that displays the week number and colored
slices indicating appointment times
* the side bar width can now be customized by the user
* some bugs were addressed in this release, the most important being
incorrect calculation of recurrent dates after a turn of year
* Sat Aug 29 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 2.7:
* a daemon was implemented so that reminders can now be sent while calcurse
is running in the background
* a new '--status' command line option was added for displaying information
about already running instances
* important bugs related to ical import and export were addressed in this
* Sun Jul 12 2009 email@example.com
- update to 2.6
* Sat Dec 27 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 2.4:
* add ability to define its own key bindings.
* the layout configuration menu was redesigned to become more user-friendly
* important bugs were addressed in this release: a memory leak due to a
wrong use of the pthread library was fixed, and a possible freeze when
deleting an appointment's note does not appear anymore
* regarding data export, exception dates are now properly ignored
* a daylight saving time unwanted offset is not added anymore
* Wed Oct 15 2008 email@example.com
- update to 2.3:
* adds the ability to import data from the iCalendar format as defined in
* Fri Aug 29 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- added Authors:
- update to 2.2:
* add ability to export data to pcal format and thus to produce nice-looking
Postscript output for printing
* new command line arguments were added that allow you to use an alternative
data directory, and to be more flexible when specifying the range of dates
to be considered when displaying appointments and events
* new key bindings ease movements in the calendar
- changes from 2.1:
* fixed bug in changing of todo priority, which could result in a segfault
in some cases
* display note contents in non-interactive mode
* date formats are now user-configurable
* the Italian manual translation was added