* Fri Aug 23 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Trim package descriptions on packages installed more rarely.
* Fri Aug 23 2019 Bjørn Lie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 0.1.72:
+ Added handling for grayscale ICC profiles and gobject
+ Optimizations for many format conversions for u8, u16 and half
+ Fixed a crash for NANs in float to u8 conversions.
- Drop babl-add-sse2_cflags-to-CIE.patch: Fixed upstream.
- Add pkgconfig(gobject-introspection-1.0) BuildRequires: New
- Following the above, package new sub-package
* Sun Aug 04 2019 Bjørn Lie <email@example.com>
- Update to version 0.1.70:
+ Build fixes making the meson build work with more
- Changes from version 0.1.68:
+ Added Yu'v' (CIE 1976 UCS) color model.
+ Fixed a severe non-initialised memory issue - that kept us from
using fast paths for many babl spaces loaded from profile.
+ More fully symmetric conversions between associated and
+ Added more converters, both SSE2 and non-SSE2 for
matrix-conversion between different RGB spaces.
+ Improvements to website/documentation; babl is now using the
terms associated alpha and separate alpha, all of:
nonpremultiplied-, premultiplied- and nonassociated- alpha are
now considered deprecated API.
+ HCY luminance is now relative to the RGB space used - no change
for sRGB related pixel formats. AVX2 acceleration for some
linear to float conversions.
- Add meson BuildRequires and macros, upstream switched to meson
- Add pkgconfig(lcms2) BuildRequires: New dependency.
- Add babl-add-sse2_cflags-to-CIE.patch: Fix build for i586
* Sat Jun 15 2019 Bjørn Lie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 0.1.66:
+ Added API call, babl_space_get_rgb_luminance.
+ Make most SIMD code-paths optional again on i686.
* Sun May 26 2019 Bjørn Lie <email@example.com>
- Update to version 0.1.64:
+ Support for Hygon Dhyana, and Y~aA formats for symmetric
+ Code consistency, gitlab CI, autotools and meson build
* Wed Mar 20 2019 Bjørn Lie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 0.1.62:
+ Initial CMYK spaces with lcms2 based ICC support, much room for
+ Improved custom space support for palette formats.
+ scRGB space, works like sRGB but always with linear TRCs.
+ Model introspection API permitting low overhead checks whether
a format/model is RGB, CMYK type of alpha and similar.
* Tue Dec 04 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.1.60:
+ Improved thread safety, acceleration for R'G'B'A u8 ->
* Wed Oct 24 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.1.58:
+ Preserve color of transparent pixels in conversion to
+ Added single precision code-paths for faster fallback/reference
+ New BABL_ICC_INTENT_PERFORMANCE bitflag for combing with intent
* Thu Aug 30 2018 Ismail Dönmez <email@example.com>
- Update license to LGPL-3.0-or-later AND GPL-3.0-or-later per the
feedback from legal.
* Thu Aug 23 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.1.56:
+ Improvements to the caching of profiled conversion chains
between invocations by ignoring unknown bits in cache file and
remember which conversions yielded reference fishes.
- Changes from version 0.1.54:
+ Export babl_space_get_icc, babl_space_get,
babl_format_get_encoding, babl_model_is, SSE2 versions of YA
float and Y float to CIE L float.
* Thu Jul 05 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.1.52:
+ Concurrency fixes and fixes to handling of 0/1 entry palettes.
+ Do not pre-equalize XYZ conversion matrices for sRGB.
+ Internal clean-ups.
+ Pre-define ACES2065-1 and ACEScg BablSpaces.
+ Add R~G~B~ set of spaces, which for all BablSpaces mean use
* Mon May 21 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.1.50:
+ Improvements to speed and precision of indexed code.
+ Improvements to mesonbuild.
* Wed May 16 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.1.48:
+ Fix u8 <-> double conversions for chroma, SSE2 version of RGBA
float to CIE L / Lab.
+ Build with -Ofast by default.
* Tue May 08 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add baselibs.conf, build 32-bit support.
* Wed Apr 18 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.1.46:
+ Added extensions with more coverage for u32, half and other
utilit fast paths.
+ Improving fast path coverage.
* Wed Mar 07 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.1.44:
+ Fix bug in custom primaries/ICC fast paths, improve meson
* Wed Feb 28 2018 email@example.com
- Modernize spec-file by calling spec-cleaner
* Fri Jan 26 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.1.42:
+ Fully initialize fishes when loading from cache.
* Mon Jan 22 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.1.40:
- Format "CIE XYZ alpha" color model and formats;
- Meson build; being tested in parallel with automake.
+ New API babl_process_rows for reduced overhead in some
scenarios; though bigger gains seen also for regular
babl_process with reimplemented branch-free dispatch, and
+ Improved reference conversions for formats skipping some of
+ Fixed gamma handling in indexed/palettized formats and improved
gamma precision consistenct in sse2 conversions.
* Sun Dec 31 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix RPM groups. Drop comment about author extraction (not used
for specfiles in general anymore).