* Mon Dec 11 2017 email@example.com
- replace xorg-x11-devel by the needed individual libraries.
* Tue Mar 14 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.9.2 and update patches
* Added CMYKOGB and CMYKRGB 7 channel ink preset, and made targen
more flexible in matching pre-conditioning profiles to targen ink
* Fix oeminst for OS X save location.
* Fix oeminst for OS X Spyder 4 CD calibration file location.
* Improved robustness of ChromeCast discovery, and added some minimal
* Improved robustness of targen ofps patch generation when using less
well behaved pre-conditioning profiles.
* Fixed oeminst so that it locates cdrom's in Linuxes latest mount
point of /run/media/$USER/.
* Fixed bug in i1pro2 driver, in which strip calibration would fail
if instrument had been first calibrated with ARGYLL_DISABLE_I1PRO2_DRIVER
set, and then calibrated with ARGYLL_DISABLE_I1PRO2_DRIVER unset.
* Added option to icclib to write Output profiles using 'chad' tag if
the ARGYLL_CREATE_DISPLAY_PROFILE_WITH_CHAD environment variable is
set. This is not recommended for normal use, but may assist
compatibility with other systems.
* Added JETI spectraval support, including Bluetooth access.
* Added support for the Klein K10 connecting via a serial port.
* Fixed bug in Colormunki Smile driver that causes crash on Ubuntu
* Modified "lp" intent to greatly reduce eliminate Helmholtz-Kohlrausch
* Fixed problem with targen -g, in that the corresponding XYZ values
had double the power applied, rather than none. This was causing
problems with printtarg spacer colors.
* Extensive re-write of colorimetric nearest clipping code in rspl/rev.c
to restore precision that was lost in the speedups made in V1.0.0. The
nnrev setup now takes a lot longer with high resolution CMYK profiles
though. This corrects a "green becoming too yellow" problem for mapping
from ProPhoto space with some RGB devices.
* Change dispwin to properly set X11 DirectColor and take account of
TrueColor Colormap. This fixes problem with NVidia linux driver 364.12
exposing a VideoLUT depth that is different from the frame buffer depth.
* Change icclib to automatically repair icmTextDescription strings that
have an allocation that is longer than their size.
* Added i1Pro Lamp Drift test and fix functions to spotread (-Y l|L options).
* Change colprof so that -s -S will accept general compression percentage
as an alternative to a source colorspace/image gamut.
* Added optional conversion from native Gretag-MacBeth & X-Rite reflective
calibration standards to/from XRGA.
* Changed OS X GUI support code so as not to switch to "interact with the
Dock" mode until actual GUI element is to be displayed. This prevents
batch commands with optional GUI elements from blocking normal GUI
* Re-jigged OS X UI code to use the main thread to avoid window
creation timing issues and a warning backtrace on OS X 10.11.
* Added CMP_Digital_Target-7.cht
* Fix spec2cie to cope with .ti3 files that are missing device values,
so that it can process a wider range of input CIE reference files.
* Changed implementation of ARGYLL_NOT_INTERACTIVE on MSWin to make
it more reliable when operated progromatically.
* Fixed chartread so that if you are reading patch by patch, the
location strings can be arbitrary (i.e. they don't have to conform
to an alpha/num strip/patch pattern.)
* Added support for Sencore ColorPro V, IV & III colorimeters
(based on Sequel Chroma colorimeter.).
- Drop argyllcms-udev151.patch
- Drop argyllcms-1.4.0-warnings.patch
* Wed Apr 13 2016 email@example.com
- BuildRequire systemd-rpm-macros which defines _udevrulesdir for us
* Tue Nov 24 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.8.3
* Added SpyderCheckr24 scaning .cht and .cie files.
* Fixed USB problem with i1pro (Rev B & D ?), where communications
would occasionally break down on fast systems.
* Added another fixed display intergration time to i1pro non-adaptive
emission mode to cope with higher brightness displays.
* Added workaround for i1d3 Rev. B status code 0x83 on very low
* Fixed minor bug in i1d3.c that truncated serial number string.
* Fixed bug in Klein K10 driver - adaptive measurement wasn't properly
using all the extra measurements.
* Improved Klein K10 driver to be more robust when lights off command
returns bogus error codes, or causes a cascade of bogus measurement
* Added workaround for OS X 10.9+ "App Nap" problem.
* Added maximum sensor frequency check for Spyder & i1d3 drivers,
so that erronious readings due to excessive brightness can't be missed.
* Changed chartread so that it doesn't warn of a possible wrong strip
being read, nor allows bi-directional strip reading, if "printtarg -r"
was used. A warning will be issued if "printtarg -r" was used, and
"chartread -B" wasn't used.
* Fixed collink for eeColor Full range RGB to use output curve
("second" 1D curves) to compensate for cLUT being wired for 1.0
output from 1.0 input.
* Added "lp" gamut mapping intent :- Luminance Preserving Perceptual,
for Photographers concerned with maintaining tonal variations.
* Fixed bugs in image specific gamut mapping that were degrading
the accuracy of the result.
* Re-wrote gamut smoothing code, and re-tuned it to behave similarly
to the V1.8.2 release.
* Changed default viewing condition glare to 5%, to smooth out shadow tone curve.
* Reduced the level of Helmholtz-Kohlrausch effect in CIECAM02
implementation in the light of visual experiments.
- Changes from version 1.8.2
* Fixed endless loop bug in alternate calibration selectors code.
- Changes from version 1.8.1
* Fixed bug in "spec2cie -n" wrong field indexes were being used.
* Fixed colorimeter calibration selectors to add in alternate
selectors if the letters are free.
- Changes from version 1.8.0
* Added support for the Image Engineering EX1 spectroradiometer.
* Added support for the SwatchMate Cube reflective colorimeter,
with improved accuracy.
* Added Added Television Lighting Consistency Index (EBU TLCI-2012 Qa)
to spotread and specplot output.
* Added R9 value to CRI value in spotread and specplot output.
* Added workaround for JETI specbos having been calibrated by
a 3rd party, and its calibrated range being out of sync with
its claimed range.
* Added support for "EMISINPUT" type .ti3 file.
* Build using OpenSSL rather than axTLS if it is built on Linux.
* Fixed stack space problem in OS X UI programs by expanding main
thread proxy to have 8MB instead of the default 512K.
* Updated built in libtiff to V4.0.4beta.
* Changed CGATS format to not emit unknown keyword declaration ("KEYWORD")
* Added inst_calc_cond_mask to inst.h to allow for flags in calibration
conditions. A consequence of this is that calc needs to be masked with
this when comparing against a specific condition, and the inst_calc_optional_flag
should be cleared if it is set, before callint inst->calibrate() if the
user wants to proceed with a particular calibration.
* Fixed bug with dispcal -e N
* Fixed bug in xicclu -fg and -kp
* Added dispcal -x x option to allow reading a chart and manually entering
the XYZ values.
* Fix spyder4 & 5 bug where some display types were set as refresh
when they shouldn't be.
* Fix collink "Warning :- RGB black hack trigger more than once!"
when -b is used with input video encoding (-e).
* Changed colprof so that the default ICC description is the base
filename rather than the whole file path.
* Fix technology type and display type selector "uniqueification"
bug that shows up in "ccxxmake -??".
* Add OEM field to ccmx and ccss files to mark files that have
been installed from OEM disk, so that custom ccmx & ccss files
can be given suggested selector letter priority (+ ref/CRT.ccss).
* Tweak CGATS write format to avoid scientific notation until the
numbers are bigger and smaller (i.e until e6 and e-6 are needed).
- Changes from version 1.7.0
* Improved gamut mapping to reduce unnecessary changes to less
saturated colors such as skin tones.
* Add support for DataColor Spyder 5.
* Add support for ColorHug2 colorimeter.
* Add support for Klein K10-A colorimeter.
* Added Google ChromeCast as a test patch generator for Video displays.
* Added ls2ti3 tool to convert LightSpace .bcs files to .ti3.
* Added IRIDAS .cube 3DLut format support to collink.
* Add X3D and X3DOM support as an alternative to VRML, and make X3DOM
* Add better cross compatibility with non-Argyll ICC profiles using
ArgyllCMS 'arts' tag to mark 'wtpt' Absolute Colorimetric chromaticity
transform, as well as implement proper absolute colorimetric intent
for Display profiles use the 'chad' tag. Note that the standard
ICC profiles provided by ArgyllCMS in the ref directory (such as sRGB etc.)
now include an 'arts' tag.
* Ignore any patches that have zero values for creating Display profiles,
unless they are for device zero.
* Fix various instrument communications problems for JETI specbos,
DTP20, DTP92 & DTP94.
* Fix gestaltSystemVersion warning on OS X 10.10.
* Fix very major bug in illumread. It wasn't actually working at all
* Added collink -I[gG][:p.p]:x.x options that allows an output offset
gamma curve be targetted instead of BT1886.
* Added dispcal and collink -b black point hack. This forces the input
zero to map to the output zero for well behaved displays, reducing
dependence on the instrument accuracy for a very dark black point.
* Added preset list of display techologies to select from in ccxxmake.
* Added a -P prune option to profcheck, that creates a .ti3 file pruned
of any patches that have a delta E fit error greater than a threshold.
This may be of use in eliminating bad reading values from a measurement set.
* Added histogram plot option -h to both profcheck and verify.
* Added a dispread & fakeread -Z option to set the number of bits to
quantize the test values to.
* Fixed bug in targen - the -V dark emphasis wasn't being applied to OFPS
* Make sure that if an instrument display reading is interrupted by a
forced calibration, that the user is asked to place it back on the
display before resuming the measurements.
- Remove obsolete patches
- Some specfile cleanups and improvements
- Update argyllcms-udev151.patch
* Tue Feb 24 2015 email@example.com
- Use -std=gnu89 for building to not run into broken __declspec
uses with the GCC 5 default of -std=gnu99.
* Mon Feb 23 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- allow building with udev-mini by using pkgconfig(udev)
* Mon Feb 23 2015 email@example.com
- do not rpm -q udev
* Wed Feb 04 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add argyllcms.changes to Source, used to compute timestamp
- Use a stable timestamp for generated files (boo#916158), ensuring
build is reproducible.
* Mon Jan 26 2015 email@example.com
- Move reference files to /usr/share/argyll/ref, expected path from
* Fri Jan 31 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Release 1.6.3:
+ Added ProPhoto.icm and ProPhotoLin.icm to ref profiles.
+ Fix bug in xicclu -py conversion.
+ Added code to minimize ICC rounding error on matrix profile
white point accuracy. Re-generated all reference profiles with
+ Changed i1d3 driver to completely ignore any EEPROM checksum
errors for non "A-01" rev. instruments.
+ Made transplot handle RGB->RGB device link.
+ Removed colprof -y option. Use "profcheck -v2" instead, as it
is more developed.
+ Fixed bug in dispcal - it was not using the final measurement
pass to update the calibration curves.
+ Fixed bug in spotread, dispcal & dispread for CCSS capable
instruments where refresh display types was being ignored if a
custom observer was used, and/or the custom observer as being
ignored, and/or a CCMX was being ignored.
+ Renamed verify to colverify to avoid clash with MSWin program
of the same name. Made it print the patch location for -v2 if
it is present in the file.
+ Changed targen to ensure that -V and -p options effects are
reflected in the resulting expected CIE values of the .ti1
+ Changed targen so that -V parameter also affects single
channel, grey wedge, grid & body centered grid point
+ Changed colprof to deal with variable grid distribution in a
more neuanced way, to reduce overshoot artifacts when the -V
parameter is used.
+ Changed colprof to used a power_like function for the grid
distribution shape from the -V parameter, so as to avoid issues
with a power curve infinte slope near zero.
+ Changed colprof to used a scaled down value of the targen -V
parameter as the default for its -V parameter.
+ Added a special case to collink for RGB video input encoding to
(attempt) to fine tune the black point to compensate for it
(probably) not falling on a cLUT grid point. & out encoding.
+ Tweaked dispcal to try and improve accuracy of black point
+ Switch dispread to use NoClamp readings, so that average black
point value is not biased.
+ Fixed bug introduced into 1.6.2 oeminst that prevents .ccss
files being installed.
* Fri Dec 20 2013 email@example.com
- Release 1.6.2:
+ Added "dark region emphasis" -V parameter to targen and colprof.
+ Fixed bug and tweaked dispcal black point optimization to err on
the black side. Added -v3 for even more debugging information.
+ Changed i1d3 driver to be more forgiving of EEProm checksum
calculation (support for ""A-02"" release).
+ Fixed problem with TV encoded output and dispread -E -k/-K.
+ Fixed minor bug in DE94 in icclib.
+ Fixed major bug in illumread - result was being corrupted.
+ Fixed "edges don't match" bug in printarg when -iCM -h -s/-S
+ Fix bug in -H flag in ccxxmake, chartread, dispcal, dispread,
illumread & spotread so that it works once again.
- Bugfix update from 1.6.1:
+ Fix bug in "average -m"
+ Fix oeminst to work with a wider range of i1d3 install files.
+ Fix ColorMunki reflective measurement accuracy, particularly for
- Remove argyllcms-stringcompare.patch, argyllcms-void.patch:
* Tue Aug 20 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Release 1.6.0:
+ Added support for JETI specbos 1211 and 1201.
+ Added Video profiling & 3dLut creation support for eeColor and
+ Linux profile installation will use colord.
+ Fix ColorHug driver.
+ Changed instlib API ambient XYZ and spectral units to Lux.
+ For those instruments that support it, made ambient readings
honor refresh mode measurements.
+ Changed spotread -ew mode to be Bradford chromatic transform
rather than XYZ scaling.
+ Added support to xicclu to lookup colors though CAL files.
+ Added -Y R:rate option to spotread, dispcal, dispread &
+ By default printtarg will create PS and EPS files with a CUPS
job ticket to disable color management.
+ Added display update delay calibration support to i1pro and
+ Changed dispcal & dispread so that they wait up to 0.5 seconds
when reading dark patches after light ones to allow for display
+ Changed dispwin daemon loader mode option from -E to -X.
+ Changed dispcal verify option from -E to -z.
+ Added -E option to to dispread to encode test patch colors in
Video 16-235 range.
+ Changed CIECAM02 Flare model to distinguish between Flare from
the image itself, and Glare from ambient light.
+ Improved i1pro hi-res mode to improve accuracy.
+ Added Body Centered Cubic grid option to targen.
+ Added -Yn flag to dispcal and dispread.
+ Improve robustness of i1d3 display update measurement code.
+ Added support for applying calibration curves in collink.
+ Changed spotread so that it won't fall back to emissive spot
mode if an ambient reading is requested.
+ Turned off B2A table clip map smoothing.
+ Fixed crash in ucmm/ucmm.c when loading certain profiles using
+ Fixed gamut mapping intent "rl" to really use relative L*a*b*
+ Fix bug in cicam02 in V1.5.0 that causes some mapping problems
in the red for collink -ir or -ila.
+ Changed cctiff so that it does lossless JPEG copy when there is
no color transformation
+ Fix xicclu so that it works with device links.
+ Fixed bug in shaper/matrix profile curves that caused random
bumpy black behaviour.
+ Don't add colorant tag to .tiff files in cctiff unless it is a
non-standard space, as Photoshop will barf on such files.
+ Fix bug with Spyder not being able to break out of dispcal
+ Fix bug in xicc/xicclu, -K flag not being recognised.
+ Fix bug in xicc/xmatrix.c introduced that prevents matrix only
profiles from being created.
+ libusb 1.0 is now deprecated in favor of native USB drivers.
* Wed Jul 31 2013 email@example.com
- Release 1.5.1:
+ Many bug fixes
+ add support for i1pro Rev E (i1pro2)
+ improved support for ColorMunki and i1pro
+ spotread can interactively query refresh rate
+ spyd2en, spyd4en and i1d3ccss was been merged in one tool named
+ No longer uses libusb, talk directly to USB device through
+ Add support for ColorCheckerPassport in scanin.
+ -V (adaptative mode) is deprecated in dispcal, dispread and
ccxxmake, since it is the default. Use -ZA flag to disable.
+ ColorHug support is enabled by default.
+ Added automatic adjustement of patch reading for i1d3.
- Drop argyllcms-fixbuild.patch (merged)
- Rename argyllcms-1.3.0-udev151.patch to argyllcms-udev151.patch.
- Add argyllcms-udev-builtin.patch for udev usb-db builtin
(openSUSE 12.2/12.3) and argyllcms-udev-hwdb.patch (openSUSE 13.1
and later) for udev hwdb.
- Update argyllcms-1.4.0-warnings.patch (partially merged)
- Drop SG_header.txt, merged upstream.
* Thu Oct 18 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix build with new udev rules directory location.
* Fri Oct 12 2012 email@example.com
- replace jam with ./jam
* Tue Jun 26 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add new upstream version of SG_header.txt, to prevent any legal
* Mon Jun 25 2012 email@example.com
- Release 1.4.0:
+ various bug fixes
+ add support for ICC profiles in embedded JPEG
+ fix CVE-2012-1616 (bnc#768322)
- drop autotools patches, switch back to original Jam based build
- add ajam (argyll patched version of Jam, BSD-license) to source
package (needed only for build)
- drop shared libraries and corresponding subpackages, not used by
- drop cologhug patch, merged upstream.
- Add argyllcms-fixbuild.patch: fix build with system tiff/jpeg
- Add ajam-include.patch: add missing headers
- Add argyllcms-1.4.0-warnings.patch: fix gcc warnings
- Add bison as BuildRequires (needed to build ajam)
- Compile with -f-no-strict-aliasing to prevent potential issues
with gcc 4.7
* Fri Jan 27 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix ColorHug support with new firmware
* Mon Jan 23 2012 email@example.com
- ColorHug-sensor-driver.patch: Fix function declaration to improve
detection of 'perfect black' (via firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Thu Jan 19 2012 email@example.com
- remove unused copies of libusb0 and libusbw
- remove unused code from libusb1 directory (windows / macos)
- call autoreconf in %build