Commons VFS provides a single API for accessing various
different file systems. It presents a uniform view of the
files from various different sources, such as the files on
local disk, on an HTTP server, or inside a Zip archive.
Some of the features of Commons VFS are:
- A single consistent API for accessing files of different
- Support for numerous file system types.
- Caching of file information. Caches information in-JVM,
and optionally can cache remote file information on the
local file system.
- Event delivery.
- Support for logical file systems made up of files from
various different file systems.
- Utilities for integrating Commons VFS into applications,
such as a VFS-aware ClassLoader and URLStreamHandlerFactory.
- A set of VFS-enabled Ant tasks.